Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

• 9 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im guessing he meant something like smash ink when mentioning xylene but for the most part xylene is used for thinning paint and itll eat the fuck out of any plastic based mop/marker if you leave it l

Reading this reminds me of a 10+ years ago when I passed out with this chick after a party and the mop in my pocket exploded and got all over her dress and legs. She was stained for days on end. Never

man missed this thread....havnt been in here since 2007...ha..welll prison does that

Posted Images

On 9/19/2019 at 2:31 PM, msk_gz said:

wasup fam

I am considering testing this liquid degreaser as corrosive property in my recipes. It is a chemical used in engine cleaning. Does anyone know if it works well?

DBFB73D5-403B-492C-BC36-35BB20DF5337.JPG

I wouldn't expect this to work well if it's just engine degreaser, that stuff is meant to be destructive against grease but not paint or anything else (specifically for that reason, imagine cleaning your engine and half the paint comes out of the engine bay).

You might have more luck with brake fluid, brake fluid WILL eat paint. With that said though, I've tried to perfect a brake fluid recipe and it has never worked all that great. The ink fades after like a year and a half in the elements and the stain isn't enough to make it worth it.

• Truth 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2005 at 10:37 PM, bumsuckfun said:

i was suggesting a ferriic-chloride based edinburg etch (metal etch) ink recipe on bombingscience. anyone ehere know much about that stuff? (if you don't know much about chemistry, than don't bother mentioning anything)

This is the oldest mention of Edinburgh Etch I can find as it pertains to graffiti. Unfortunately can't yet track down the original source on BS... Answer is 4:1 Ferric Chloride Solution to Citric Acid Solution. https://www.nontoxicprint.com/etchcopperandbrass.htm

Edited by BERZ-ACAB
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone still modify graffiti brand ink? Like when you get Grog BPI ink do you guys just leave it stock or do you add stuff / evaporate and replace the solvent etc or just leave it as is? I leave Grog, Molotow, OTR and other good quality ink brands as they are but I mix MTN Street Ink with engineer's fluid or leather dye and evaporate some of the alcohol and replace it with MEK. What do you guys do? Need to keep this place active. 

• 4 months later...

is this shit dead or what ? remeber being on here 10 years ago as a teenager

planning to make ink cause its impossible to find garvey at a good price anywhere

and mefians cost $40 to ship to NY

so

100 blue pens

100 red pens

4oz feibings pro leather dye red

4oz feibings pro leather dye blue

8oz purple pvc primer

and some grog booster stain to top it off

i was wondering if its worth it to throw some sharpies in there like a pack of 12 of blue and red

should i take out the pvc primer and just leave it as just the pens and leather dye 

any feedback would be appreciated

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@tha whutwhats the purposepuf the pvc primer? Is it just for richer color? Does it help the ink dry quicker?

i was going to use the pvc primer as a extra stainer and use it in place of rubbing alcohol to thin the ink down

• Props 1
2 minutes ago, tha whut said:

i was going to use the pvc primer as a extra stainer and use it in place of rubbing alcohol to thin the ink down

Id never thought of it, but I bet you could save a lot of time and just fill a mop with the primer. Thats some nasty shit. Rest in peace your whole leg pants and shoe if that jank ever blows open in your pocket. Lol.

• LOL! 1

On 3/7/2021 at 11:49 PM, mr.yuck said:

Id never thought of it, but I bet you could save a lot of time and just fill a mop with the primer. Thats some nasty shit. Rest in peace your whole leg pants and shoe if that jank ever blows open in your pocket. Lol.

Reading this reminds me of a 10+ years ago when I passed out with this chick after a party and the mop in my pocket exploded and got all over her dress and legs. She was stained for days on end. Never explained to her what it was. She was pretty stupid.

• LOL! 2
  • 1 month later...

Best bet is still and always going to be: Molotow Speedflow or Coversall with a dash of additive (you can buy it now on most graffiti sites) ... after 20 years of tagging and mixing and mastering ink shit, really... we are in the best era ever for readymade killer inks. The more it stains, the less light fast it will be, and if you live in a rainy ass area like Vancouver or Seattle, the best bet will always be paint. Ive used all the inks buyable & rackable and at the end of the day, the truth is that Molotow wins for whats left of decent inks if you’re not a mad chemist. This thread is golden though, and if you’re an inkhound like me; everything you need to know is right here in this post. No cap.