Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubbish heap

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't think anyone buys kr silver anymore if they do then there stupider than this dude who can't mix paint orb understands three parts paint one part thinner.

Yea I said stupiderrr

mix and experiment, and you shall find your way.

i myself always end up loving the ink i mix up. i think it's like a father/son bond i build with my mixture. it's my frankenstien's monster, so to speak.

mix up 2 parts yellow ink, one and a half parts green ink, and half a part of dot 3 or 4 brake fluid. put it in a mop with two bolts or marbles or rocks or whatever. there you have a very simple, super loud green apple shade.

Yeah man, be sure to use at least this much break fluid: OOO

image_651215.jpg

found these alcohol dye based inks easy to get, doubt they will have some staining power are they like india ink??? thinking might add to some other alcohol based inks or pen ink to make some fresh colours

Those ink are good to add to other things, people do use them straight but its to thin for me

Ghetto krink is less ghetto then real krink, its tricky in valve markers, I get it to work, just use it fast and plan on getting a new nib,it well dry out the nib pritty quick, and the 3/1 ratio dusnt work here.

No.

Hahaha,see most people don't bother, let me find old flicks

here we go gkzig009.jpg

gkzig007.jpg

you can see its still pritty thick, but the nib only last for so long so if you over paid for a montana marker then maybe dont, or just go to a craft store and get new nibs and markers

• Like 1

Ok, then what's best and/or easiest way to make a nice ink?

make gk get oil based rusto and paint thinnner and mix until it flows.

or make pen ink. just read back in the thread theres tons of recipes

Ok, then what's best and/or easiest way to make a nice ink?

the best way and the ez way are diffrent,

also i answered your question with a yes,

huh, I forgot about that,that is pen ink/lincoln/oik mix and rusto it makes an ink outline around the paint

We use to do it with real krink and garvy

^real krink u say?!?

I have had similar results with some black marsh (not T-grade) and red pilot mixed. Depending on the surface it had some interesting results where the pilot would bleed out from the Marsh up to a centimeter.

^Sounds like it from what P.hate said.

I used Marsh stencil ink. It was really thick almost sludgy at times and would not mix with the Pilot. When dry it would have the reddish outline. Really not a fan of the stencil Marsh.

Anybody used any of the following? I have only used black and white pigmented but am very interested in the others.

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Black

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Blue

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Green

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Red

Marsh Pigmented Inks Pint - Black

Marsh Pigmented Inks Pint - White

Marsh Pigmented Inks Pint - Yellow

Thanks

All I use is Black T-Grade with GV/MB. You cant get any better. Garvey dilutes the thickness/light-fastness too much, even at 25/75 ratios. Tried 'em all, still the best.

Agreed on the black T-Grade.

Was just curious on how the colored dye-types are or the yellow pigment for some color variety. See if it's worth grabbing some.

Normally, just mix colored pilot with the white pigment to get variety and that works great. Probably just stick to that.