Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubbish heap

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

Hm, that's interesting. I looked it up, and it's used as an insulator for circuits, which means it has a very high resistance to voltage, and about 20 minutes drying time. It looks to be a xylene based liquid like you mentioned, and because xylene itself as a very fast drying time, it would be interesting to see if you mixed the two together, and used it as a base for your ink.

But, that sounds a bit complicated, so I would just stay stick with acetone or isopropanol. I know it's tempting to use things with names like 'Super Corona Dope,' but unless you're positive as to how it's gonna behave, I'd stay away from it.

acetone is a no go for some pen types. it partially dissolves the plastic casing and you end up with black ink that seems grainy and wont stick to things.

once again, SOME brands of pens. the same goes for methyl ethyl ketone. these two chemicals are made for dissolving polymers and resins. acetone is used mostly for "cleaning" certain chemicals, but i find it to do the most good in binding two chemicals that normally wouldnt bond in a solution.

also, xylene is about the slowest drying solvent you can use in the paint world. says so right on the back of the tin.

be seeing you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
acetone is a no go for some pen types. it partially dissolves the plastic casing and you end up with black ink that seems grainy and wont stick to things.

once again, SOME brands of pens. the same goes for methyl ethyl ketone. these two chemicals are made for dissolving polymers and resins. acetone is used mostly for "cleaning" certain chemicals, but i find it to do the most good in binding two chemicals that normally wouldnt bond in a solution.

also, xylene is about the slowest drying solvent you can use in the paint world. says so right on the back of the tin.

be seeing you.

That's so true. I've had it happen to me (the grainy, black ink). I suppose it's the downside of using acetone as a base. Also, the trouble with xylene that it really warps certain plastics. It works dope in metal though, i.e., decos.

That's so true. I've had it happen to me (the grainy, black ink). I suppose it's the downside of using acetone as a base. Also, the trouble with xylene that it really warps certain plastics. It works dope in metal though, i.e., decos.

xylene attacks most plastics. smash "ink" is in a metal bottle because i believe it contains xylene. also why paint pens are metal.. xylene propellant/keeps the paint from drying.

yall are makikg this to complicated. Just get what ever color NON LATEX paint, thin it out with paint thinner, and put 2 drops of DOT3 brake fluid in. mix in a water bottle. Presto! Junobo ink. Put it in what ever you want, i personally like bingo dobbers. Now go destroy some shit.

No homie, you're the one making it complicated, a) by adding unnecessary shit, and b) by telling kids to add brake fluid, which means the next 4 pages will have kids like the one I just told no and they just keep asking.

I mean holy shit you people don't even read a few pages before askin about brake fluid? Or you dont even go to the search and type in DOT 3 or brake fluid?

We're gonna have to like make it mandatory at the first post of every new page just put

DO NOT PUT BRAKE FLUID IN ANY INK OR PAINT.

• Like 1

i second the motion and totally agree. somebody needs to be like "FIRST!" on every page and say that shit so all these fuckin turds can understand and go fuckin grow their balls at bombing science.

im new to making and tagging with inks so ive been looking up as much as i can to make my inks stronger and better, which led me here. i checked out the argument with the brake fluid, and i know its kinda over but.. when they make brake fluid they make it so it is as noncorrosive as possible so you dont get your car destroyed. so using it in your ink for staining is a negatory ghost rider. i just wanted to put something that actually is some what logical against the brake fluid. im not saying i dont trust ya'lls experience though.

i read some stuff about dot 3 & 4 and it will eat paint on your car so i really dont know how it would do against what ever you might decide to hit up. im going to put some straight dot 3 on a road sign i picked up and see how it looks in the morning against metal. :D

while simple reading will tell you h ow that works, at least your going to try it and fail rather than bitch and ask how, and still fail.

haha thank you i guess.

ok so... i tried it on one layer of montana that i already had on my street sign and tried it on the metal part.

the paint looked like it had little bubbles in it but thats really all it did. and then the metal was the same.

but the paint that could have gotten "eaten up" or "stained"- i poured the dot 3 on it, so if you think it will do some awesome jesus staining, u gotta use like 50/50 to actually get it.

since there are more ways to get better staining power i dont suggest wasting the brake fluid or brain cells trying to prove that brake fluid will make your ink stain better.

and that concludes my brake fluid experiment if thats what you wanna call it :D

yeh no shit, we need to pioneer a revolution of folks who dont use the fuckin fish oil and break fluid. end this senseless ignorance.

i just dont want to be dumping extra garbage in my inks.

now for fish oil..

docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega 3. DHA along with eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) is the main thing you get in fish oil. from what i understood on http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/docosahexaenoic-acid-000300.htm - the omega 3 reduces fats in the blood. so DHA and other omega 3s bond with fats. thats all. fish oil is basicly really weak brake fluid for the reason that it bonds with fats, and thats why brake fluid burns your skin.

so once again if you want it to make a difference for your paint and stain a little more, you have to dump ounces of it to get an actual difference.

im into chemistry and such so im not just bull shitting everyone.

as i said before there are more ways to get better staining power so there is no reason to watering down your paint with garbage.

ALWAYSALMOST: and thats why brake fluid burns your skin.(BREAKFLUID IS NEURO-TOXIC, NOT CORROSIVE. YOU WILL SHOW CENTRAL NERVOUS PROBLEMS BEFORE SKIN PROBLEMS BY FAR)

so once again if you want it to make a difference for your paint and stain a little more, you have to dump ounces of it to get an actual difference. (NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH, DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE)

im into chemistry and such so im not just bull shitting everyone. (EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT WIKIPEDIA< JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE EAGER ENOUGH TO SEARCH IT PUTS YOU ABOVE THE REST BUT DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU KNOW)

as i said before there are more ways to get better staining power so there is no reason to watering down your paint with garbage.(PAINT DOES NOT STAIN, THIS IS AN INK DISCUSSION)

(BREAKFLUID IS NEURO-TOXIC, NOT CORROSIVE. YOU WILL SHOW CENTRAL NERVOUS PROBLEMS BEFORE SKIN PROBLEMS BY FAR)[/color]

so once again if you want it to make a difference for your paint and stain a little more, you have to dump ounces of it to get an actual difference. (NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH, DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE)

im into chemistry and such so im not just bull shitting everyone. (EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT WIKIPEDIA< JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE EAGER ENOUGH TO SEARCH IT PUTS YOU ABOVE THE REST BUT DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU KNOW)

as i said before there are more ways to get better staining power so there is no reason to watering down your paint with garbage.(PAINT DOES NOT STAIN, THIS IS AN INK DISCUSSION)

ouch :beat:

i guess i did absolutly nothing by looking for why the fuck we put brake fluid in inks

What ingredients are there in a ink more than pigments and solvent. Or is an ink just pigment+solvent? :confused:

hey guys, i did a quick search for this but i couldnt find any information on it, only people bitching about it,

stealth ink. i was thinking of picking some up.

i am having trouble finding reviews. the youtube videos show like one clip of someone using it and its timelapse, the website doesnt saymuch, same with oinkltd.

i was hoping maybee someones used it and can tell me if its worth it or is it just a gimmick (well im sure its a gimmick to some extent)

thanksssssss..