INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If you can get your paws on some powdered aluminium to add to your mix, then put some in. *bling*

Does this make any real difference? i can definitely get my paws on powdered aluminum.

im not an ink wizard so i dont know. rusto/thinner or oneshot/thinner is all ive fucked with and all ive ever needed in a mop.

i remember many years ago someone told me to put brake fluid in my shit and i misunderstood and thought they meant thin it out with brake fluid. haha. the shit NEVER dried.

Rolling nowhere, I was always told 1 cup of alcohol to 100 pens.

But i always did 100 pens to 1/2 cup n also added other inks, sometimes

toner powder(I really dunno if that helps).

Either way even oink ink is shit. It all fades within a year or so.

BTW DOT 3, fukd tht i use DOT4, stains soo much harder br0

its a drippy mess and i love it haha. i used 100 pens and i didnt measure the alcohol out i just poured maybe 3/4 of a smaller bottle in there. next time im gonna use more pens for sure. i also added just a tiny bit of black ink it seemed a little too transparent. but that was probably too much alcohol. worked out better than i thought it would for sure.

have you guys who have done this a lot found that different brands of pens make better ink? or are they all about the same?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Rolling nowhere, I was always told 1 cup of alcohol to 100 pens.

But i always did 100 pens to 1/2 cup n also added other inks, sometimes

toner powder(I really dunno if that helps).

Either way even oink ink is shit. It all fades within a year or so.

BTW DOT 3, fukd tht i use DOT4, stains soo much harder br0

word... 100 pens to half cup is better than 40... when done i add pilot ink, probably 2 bottle of em

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i found a way to make mop paint... well, not "make"...

but heres what you do, when a spray paint can is ALMOST empty, turn it upside down, then make a hole, yeah a hole, let it sit for some hours or a day (i would say a day is better)... why let it sit for a day you ask? so that all the pressure in the can leaves the spraypaint can... then when you´ve waited a day or so, just pour that paint into a mop or something, and tada!! you´ve got a really nice fast drying paint for your mop!

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know and good binders for suspending pigments in xylene? i found this stuff called

melamine resin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_resin).

apparently it is dissolved in n-butanol and xylene. So... if im correct you should be able to disolve some of this plastic with xylene and suspend yoar pigments in it correct? i need to find soem and try it out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...