INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was like 15-16 so 7 or 8 years ago I was just starting on making my own inks mixing random shit together an what not didn't really understand the point of water based inks etc... Anyways I created a recipe with india now I walked past one of the tags I did it's gone now of course it all dried an chipped over time but there is a dirty ghost where it was.

1 bottle india ink (I now know it's shit so I use the pen tubes)

1 box rit fabric dye (Again I know an have substituted it)

1/4 bottle of nail polish (also don't use but gives it nice shine)

A shot glas full a the fire retardent stuff you put on tents.

I havn't tried it in awhile but it leaves a mean ghoust an it lasted for like 4 years so yah

dont go around mixing ink and paint and abunch of shit you think will stain because you'll end up not knowing the chemical reactions and end up looking like a fucking smurf blew up in your face or the chemicals could blow up your face.. wear a gas mask and gloves.. or you'll end up coughing up blue shit... like james from oink art ltd said.. know what your doing. we dont need a kid catching a house on fire.

Like I said when I was younger it's not like I'm going an mixing bleach an chlorine yo, I also know a fair bit about chemistry so it's not like i plan on blowing myself up yah hurd? And it's not like I was like oh lets put it in a pot an boil it o_0

Non of those ingrediants are toxic either yo even when you mix the flame retardent shit an the pen ink mix together it don't do anything bad it just gave it a nice glossy look an helped protect it from the elements.

• 4 weeks later...

to illmate, don't buy any of these ink they suck balls trust me! they look cool 'cuz they're the best seller. but when you use it, the ink spreads on the wall like a marker would do on a paper, so when you write on a wall at first it looks cool but then it spreds soooooooo much that your name becomes unreadable. Now that I said this, you choose either to listen to what I said or to try it yourself. anyway Nero and Corio=shitty ink.

I prefer to pay a little more and have a dope grog or OTR ink, one dope ink is the Hot Chocolate from OTR. It's really powerful and even after being buffed you'll see a ghost of your name :) or you can also add some blue or violet FX to your ink so that when you get buffed, the same thing happens like the HotChocolate ink

• 1 month later...

quik question, looking to make chrome ink thin enough to refill my uni paint px-30 and pilot mediums. ive prepared some GK but it glops up in the filter, but great for mops. either its the paint thinner or its just the formula (maybe mineral spirits will do the trick)

either way, im willing to buy a decent chrome ink. suggestions? thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...