INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

^real krink u say?!?

I have had similar results with some black marsh (not T-grade) and red pilot mixed. Depending on the surface it had some interesting results where the pilot would bleed out from the Marsh up to a centimeter.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^Sounds like it from what P.hate said.

I used Marsh stencil ink. It was really thick almost sludgy at times and would not mix with the Pilot. When dry it would have the reddish outline. Really not a fan of the stencil Marsh.

Anybody used any of the following? I have only used black and white pigmented but am very interested in the others.

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Black

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Blue

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Green

Marsh Dye-Type Inks Pint - Red

Marsh Pigmented Inks Pint - Black

Marsh Pigmented Inks Pint - White

Marsh Pigmented Inks Pint - Yellow

Thanks

Agreed on the black T-Grade.

Was just curious on how the colored dye-types are or the yellow pigment for some color variety. See if it's worth grabbing some.

Normally, just mix colored pilot with the white pigment to get variety and that works great. Probably just stick to that.

The issue with ghetto krink in my experience is the nib tends to crust/dry out within a few days if I don't ink it often (I'm using the same squeezy bottle as k r i nk) whereas when I've tried the krink markers you can leave them for longer periods/refill them without the crusting.

Not to sound like a superfag, but there is something else in the recipe, man.

• Like 1

The problem is people just wanna make youtube videos and tag bathrooms,markerrs are free, empty them in a night or if your lazy a weekend, don't fill a marker till your on the way out the door and use somthing else took keep in your pocket all day, there is no reason a 2.5oz marker should be full long enuf to dry out the nib,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone ever have problems with pilot ink drying up and becoming sticky and thus fucking up your nib?

the pilot ink that i use is xylene based.

Same thing happened to my pilot ink in my ultra wide. It dried up completely so it's going to have to filled up again. But with the pilot jumbo i don't really have that problem. The ink drying up happened when the weather was insanely hot

thanks for all the replies, really appreciate them.

the weather is insanely hot here, but yeah i'll try to just fill it and use it.

the marker i use my pilot in is a glue pen mop with a nib made of cleaning sponge, fabric felt, and t-shirt fabric all sewn together. (dont try this combination, it doesn't work).

i think this belongs here

TheAnimal_Ironlak_flyer.jpg

Introducing Ironlak’s first INK product:

The Animal. Spray ink.

- 400ml Aerosol spray ink (Note: our new packaging hierarchy: White indicates an ink product. Black indicates a paint product.) - Pinkish-red colour.

- Bleeds back through paint.

- Easily able to create drippy lines.

- Comes fitted with the Ironlak’s Widow Maker (mega fat cap).

http://blog.ironlak.com/2011/09/new-products-animal-spray-ink.html

seems kinda ridiculous

Im a fairly big fan of white Deco Broadlines (for smooth surfaces)! Before stores in my area discontinued carrying single Deco's, I would grab 2-3 whites & empty them into a single marker before going out, to make sure I had plenty of ammo.

Any ideas for a small-scale recipe for a somewhat runny but opaque white to fill a Deco?

One obvious thing to come to mind was 2.7oz white Smash (since Deco's naturally contain xylene), mixed with a little thinner...

BUT with priorities based on keeping things cheap (& rackable), I was curious if one could use white-out + a slow-drying agentn & a little thinner?