INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i have about a half a tin of flo-master black ink that i got at a vintage store anyone have any ideas of what i should put it in

If you have a Pilot marker... that should be dope. You should also check out the marker thread for ideas on markers...

But honestly you can put that stuff in anything. Could be pretty cool in a stamp cleaner mop, but that would use up the ink pretty quick. If you want it to last, put it in a smaller marker that you'll be using in inside locations.

i ordered a bottle. i'll let you guys know how it is eventually

Man I hate saying this, but you're wasting your money. I guarantee you will get the EXACT same thing if you went to your local hardware store, bought some Rusto silver paint and some Rusto white glossy paint, mixed them together to create the color you wanted, and then made your mix 1/3 paint thinner and 2/3 paint. It's cheap, permanent, and fun/easy to make your own colors. At least give it a shot. Good luck

I've searched this but came up wih nothing, does anyone have a recipe with pen ink in it?? and does it give your ink that shiny blue hue if its black ink

1. I doubt you searched this thread well enough to say that. There was pen ink discussion just a few pages back.

2. Either way, yes- if you use black and blue pens, it will get a shiny blue hue if it's opaque enough.

Man I hate saying this, but you're wasting your money. I guarantee you will get the EXACT same thing if you went to your local hardware store, bought some Rusto silver paint and some Rusto white glossy paint, mixed them together to create the color you wanted, and then made your mix 1/3 paint thinner and 2/3 paint. It's cheap, permanent, and fun/easy to make your own colors. At least give it a shot. Good luck

yea i do that too but my home depot didn't have any silver so i ordered some online

Ive looked around and seen that your using rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) for the pen ink recipe, its hard to get where i live but i have some methylated spirits laying around which is just as strong in concentration, 90% but ethanol based, would this be fine to use instead? ill give it a test but just want to know if the ink will turn out a dud?

Ive looked around and seen that your using rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) for the pen ink recipe, its hard to get where i live but i have some methylated spirits laying around which is just as strong in concentration, 90% but ethanol based, would this be fine to use instead? ill give it a test but just want to know if the ink will turn out a dud?

The dude above me is right- rubbing alcohol should be at most if not all drugstores all over the world.

But going back to your original question you shouldn't have any real problems with using the ethanol based alcohol. The only reason it's referred to as methylated spirits is because in order for ethanol-based alcohol manufacturers to avoid getting taxed the same way normal, drinking alcohol does (which is also ethanol-based) is to make it undrinkable, hence the addition of things like methane. That being said, just don't let your hands soak in the stuff for a long time or inhale the shit... Definitely not good for you.

I'm actually interested to see if I'm right or wrong, and if there's something in the methylated spirits that would make the pen ink not as good. Let us know what you find.

BUY TRAMADOL - 30 tabs / $42 BEST PRICE! @ecoMeds - U.S. Pharmacy!!

1_pharmatabs7.png

2_pharmatabs7.png

3_pharmatabs7.png

30 Tabs/$42, 90 Tabs/$65, 180 Tabs/$99. VISA, MASTERCARD ACCEPTED. $5 Discount on Auto-Refills. High quality U.S. Pharmacy medications. FedEx Next Day and Saturday delivery. Discreet Packaging. Free prescription. USA only.

If your gonna use rubbing alcohol and pens and its to thin or black has turned blue, you just add a little bit of black paint(bucket or spray paint either works) and use a BBQ lighter to ignite it. Stir until desired thickness, then put it out (smother it). You can cut the top off a 12oz can to do it in, or use a soup can.

im gonna give it a shot within the week, found i can get 50 pens for $2.50 and gonna go by the rule of 40 pens for 1/2 cup so will see how it turns out.

im guessing the right thickness of the ink should be similar to that of normal inks like pilot? there is no way im putting a naked flame near this to thicken it

im gonna give it a shot within the week, found i can get 50 pens for $2.50 and gonna go by the rule of 40 pens for 1/2 cup so will see how it turns out.

im guessing the right thickness of the ink should be similar to that of normal inks like pilot? there is no way im putting a naked flame near this to thicken it

Do not heat up methylated spirits. I guarantee it will ignite. You'd be better off heating up rubbing alcohol, but you still probably shouldn't do it. And as far as the number of pens goes, honestly you should put in more pens than you think, because you can always thin down your ink if you think it's too thick.

just finished up starting the ink

blue pens + rubbing alcohol, when i poured it in initially it didnt dissolve immediately but once shaken combined with some of the pen ink, is a pretty rich blue colour but clumps of ink on the side

blue pens + methylated spirits, once added to the pens the ink and alcohol immediately combined and is a very smooth liquid no lumps at all and all teh ink inside the pens as pretty much dissolved.

red pens + rubbing alcohol, same as blue but very small clumps

any tips?? the only rubbing alcohol i could track down was "isocol" which is an antibacterial lotion so could be why its clumping??

Isocol is only about 45% percent isopropyl alcohol. You're getting better results with the methylated spirits because it has a higher content of alcohol. The "clumps" you're seeing are most likely the ink from the pens being congealed by whatever the alcohol is mixed down with.