INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah I stirred the fuck out of the pigments and now its fucking ace. Whats the point in ever buying grog or krink.

People in other threads said that the server is messed up and glitches like that so dont worry about it. I figured they would fix it with that downtime, guess not.

k

and i have a recipe for some baddass dark purple ink

u need like 24 pens, rubbing alchoal ,brake fluid,and like some chacole squished up,

it pretty nice color and it stains pretty good drips hella crazy

do u think i can use RIT dye instead of pens?

dont mix it with anything. i put it in there full thickness.

UNLESS.....

unless you have a bunch of acrylic paint lying around in a certain color you that you would want to tint the oil based enamel with, in which case, add the acrylic to the oil based paint with a spoonful or more mustard powder or egg yolk. as egg yolk can lead to salmonella if not refrigerated, i suggest using the mustard powder.

it creates an emulsion so oil and water can mix. yes it works, yes all the time.

when you perfect this technique, come back and i will tell you about kikkoman light soy sauce and the almighty pwn ink.

DUDE YOU MUST TEACH ME! <<all hail>>

k so i'm making some ghetto D.E.D.

1 bottle Fiebings Purple

1 bottle of Purple PVC Primer

Gentian Violet

3 Fish Oil tablets

And some Solvent Violet 8

i've got the pvc primer an fiebings, how important is the gentian, fishoil and solvent violett 8, will it be alright with out it? also what is solvent violet 8, and where can you get it

actually i think i can get the gentian and fishoil but what and where is solvent violet 8

First and foremost, don't use fish oil tablets in your ink. Just don't. It's been said a million times in this thread, along with the reason why not to. I don't see why people find the need to put that stuff in their inks... where are they learning this?! The person spreading this information needs to be shot execution style.

There is a reason that famous (and successful) brands of ink (Oink, Do 'Em Dirty, KRink, etc.) DON'T use fish oil, soy sauce, kool aid, fucking brake fluid, or anything of the sort, and that is because THOSE THINGS DO NOTHING BENEFICIAL TO YOUR INK.

Here is what you can use the stuff you have to make a great homemade ink:

1. Keep the Flebings.

2. Keep the Gentian Violet.

3. Acquire xylene, acetone, or high percentage alcohol.

4. Acquire 100+ BIC ballpoint pens. Take out the plastic part in the middle, cut it so you're left with the small part of the plastic cylinder that has the ink, and place it in an empty water bottle. Fill the water bottle about a quarter (or less) full of your solvent from step 3, add the pieces of plastic from the pens, and shake for a long, long, long time. Let it set for a day or two, and shake it some more. I'm talking about an hour combined of shaking. Let it set.

5. Add all of that together, and you've got yourself a very, very nice homemade ink.