INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Also, I was flicking through some early pages of the thread when rubbish heap was still posting and they mention grocery store ink, I always assumed they meant Garvey (as its used for price marking) but apparently its not.......info?

Carbon Paper ink sounds so easy it might just work, Tell ya later......

Skagger

So nobody has ever tried using pvc cleaning compound?

batkp06a.jpg

I'm tellin you whenever i've done plumbing and used this stuff, its stains permanent and softens plastic. Why not use it to make ink? Its kinda thin tho, looks watercolor-ish. But i'm thinking maybe some violet fiebings, and some purpal ink with this stuff would be killer. I'll try it once i can get supplies . But if you got stuff on hand, try it and let me know! Maybe this could stain some insides hardcore.

for the record... Krink violet fades immediately under rain and sun. Mos def not an outdoor ink. The black seems to hold up well. The krink silver "Uni" type pen also jamed on me when I really needed it... very dissapointing. I turned the nib around and it seems to work well for now. Also I refilled one of the Krink blacks with Mr.Black and its working very nicely although I dont have a result with the Mr.Black yet, it does seem to flow nicely in the krink pen though. Food for thought.

Gave some Nero to a fellow guy here, he used it plain.

"Dude, this shit sucks loud! It comes off with the rain!"

A few days later he had mixed it with some blue OTR ink.

"Dude, this shit is awsome! If you look at it from the front, it's blue, but if you tilt your head a bit, it's purple!"

So yes, you can make "cameleon" ink like that.

just checked the ooze page...

what ink drips for 72 hours? im pretty sure thats paint.

also,

making a 100% dollar store ink and mop. but im stuck between violet ink and blue. i was leaning towards blue, but violets has been there solidly...

especially because the blue will only really show up on white walls, which is not common for what i had in mine...

votes?

Ooze looks like a paint mix, not ink, not everything claims to be "unbuffable", DED and mine (Oink ink) do, but with good reason.

As far as Ooze or Junobo being "graffiti ink", there's not much use outside of graffiti for mop paint, dude. i think it's a valid label.

BTW Skag are you the same Skag from the UK that paints panels?

Dude fuck selling mop paint, considering anyone with a braincell can make it themselves, the only stuff worth buying for graffiti is shit like DED (Haven't tried Oink yet), seems to me alot of people have just hopped a bandwagon (Obnix, OOZE, and all those bombing science kids) it seems like once they saw Junobo they thought it was easy money. I don't like the look of OOZE, something that drips for 72 hours clearly has far too much break fluid in it and probably won't dry for that long too. However if someone like Junobo manufactured a paint that would flow in markers IE woodcrafts, zig paints and so forth, I would look into buying some. For mop paint, get some oneshot.

Personally I'd be happier if more people made and sold their own permanent ink, seeing as decent ink in decent quantities with decent staining abilities is hard to come by.

And nah man I don't even write Skag.

BTW carbon paper ink is the shit if your just working with materials you can steal.

Show me some post buff pics. I'm getting tired of people just capitalizing on thinning out some paint and marketing it as unbuffable

word

not to say those that claim to beat the buff are liars, but I never see any post-buff shots

and youd think anyone with slight marketing sense would use before/after shots to prove their product and help sales......

but if nobody opts to do so, Im usin some Grog and we'll see how it fares against the mean buff of the Bustown