Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubbish heap

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CACashRefund+Aug 31 2005, 10:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Aug 31 2005, 10:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-whoneedsavet@Aug 31 2005, 01:33 PM

Candy Ink? What isit, isit just ink that smells nice?

Candy ink is an ink as i stated before that has very strong staining power it starts staining the second it is applied to any surface. The ink by nature tends to evaporate when outside of its original container so if you have it USE IT!

I can recall a time when i had a mini OTR full of it, I left it sitting in the back of my closet while waiting to sell it to somebody and wheni went to retrieve it two weeks later it was empty.

Because it is an insider secret most people dont know about it and as such cannot give you correct info on the matter.

Ill try to get some pictures of it in action sometime soon.

[/b]

is there anyway to tweak candy ink to get it to be more weathrproof/lightfast? i used it back in the bushopper days...way before i knew of anything besides that and pilot. i love the colors, but watching your tags fade over a period of days is frustrating, you know. i know where there's a ton of it (i'm pretty sure you know the spot, too, i think) but i've passed on it in favor of garvey recently- it runs forever and it stains just as well, but there's only two colors. pm me if you want, i've been meaning to ask you about this...also, can it be used as a tint for rolmark? my guess is that it would work.

Originally posted by flip words@Aug 31 2005, 12:08 AM

ok so check it, i know this doesnt have anything to do with an ink recipe, but i really wanna share this with you people cause i know its a fuckin bitch to get the ink stains from our skin off with just soap and water. i found out a good way to remove [most] of the ink from your skin. just try it out. while you're in the shower, get some shampoo and something to lather with. i used some garnier shit from the states but im sure others would do. and then just lather up and press against where you got ink stains. it should take most of it off and then in a couple of days the skin stain will come out naturally. so yea, if this has been a waste of time, whoops but it worked for me. peace.

alright since were sharing hand-cleaning secrets...

this is my ultimate solution! works everytime! now not many people know about it so don't tell a lot of people. are you guys ready?

okay. warm water...and soap. this is a special concoction that ive perfected over the years. now mix them into a lather on your hands, and take a towel (this is the tricky part) scrub your hands...works every time! NOW SHHHHHHH! dont tell a soul! :idea:

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if putting glitter in your krink mix will give it a sparkle? or will it just fuck up my mop and the flow of my paint? thanks.

hey lemme know your guys' opinion on this mix:

1. a good ink (eg. garvey, marsh, pilot ink)

2. dot 3 brake fluid

3. bleach

4. xylene

blend it, put it all into a pilot marker (not a mop because the xylene would eat away the plastic). the bleach would lighten the color, so it gives it some originality. the dot 3 and xylene will [eventually] eat away paint and stain through electric boxes and signs.

Originally posted by destroya@Sep 1 2005, 09:45 PM

why would you put bleach in anything?

i just put bleach in my washer...brightens my whites.

Originally posted by destroya@Sep 1 2005, 09:45 PM

would candy ink overpower the smell of another ink, if mixed?

Ii dont know... ive never mixed candy with other inks. Never any use for that.

hey all. im from australia so be easy on me k? i mixed two black inks and some other shit together (past down tip). i tag and shit with it but it takes about 20-30 minutes for it to dry!

What chemical (prefer any household chemicals) should i put in my marker to make the ink dry faster?

ive mixed bleach in with a couple of my inks and it makes the color lighter. and im pretty sure it helps in staining power. is it bad to put bleach in ink? please someone enlighten me. oh and would nail polish remover be a substitute for paint thinner? thanks in advance. peace.

Im not 100% sure but i think bleach will only work to make your ink more toxic. Staining power? I really doubt it. But if someone has more knowledge on the matter please share it.

Ive used nail polish as a substitue for thinners, rubbing alcohol as well. It works, but if you have thinner or acetone use that.

Garvey needs to be ordered online or can be purchased at some art stores or graff stores, its on an individual store basis.

Marsh is overrated, its decent but for the price youre paying youre better off getting other shit.

Originally posted by Buekonomers87@Sep 2 2005, 06:59 PM

probobly a stupid question but can i get some of that garvey ink at places like walgreens if not then where and also... is marsh ink as dope as people say it is?

i have garvey and marsh.....pm me.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Sep 2 2005, 04:12 PM

Im not 100% sure but i think bleach will only work to make your ink more toxic. Staining power? I really doubt it. But if someone has more knowledge on the matter please share it.

Ive used nail polish as a substitue for thinners, rubbing alcohol as well. It works, but if you have thinner or acetone use that.

the active ingredient in bleach is sodium hypochlorite (lye). i don't think it would have any purpose as an additive. i do know that it is notoriously unstable, and if you mix it with certain chemicals (ammonia, aluminum compounds) it can fulminate (create chlorine gas), and that's enough of a reason not to try it. one thing you could do with bleach is put it in an old, cleaned out paint pen and experiment with it...i made some cool t-shirts this way. i guess you could get up on awnings....dark wood...seems interesting, but i'll leave it to someone else to try out.

well me and my homie were graffin it up and he got this wooden bench thing and the ink mixture got up in there pretty good. and earlier tonight i hit up a yellow street sign and when we drove past it, the headlights lit up the sign and i could see that the bleach soaked into the sign and significantly stained the sign. so that shit will not come off even if buffed 2-3 times. all i mix in with the bleach is dot 3 brake fluid and im pretty sure thats not a toxic mix. if someone tells me that it is toxic, fuck bleach. haha but ive had good experiences with bleach. i was just experimenting on the leftover ink i had anyway. oh yea, another reason why i wanted to use bleach was to lighten the color of the ink. it worked, too. i mixed it with some blue and when that shit dries, it dries an aqua-ish blue. so yea, bleach aint all that bad, i think.

Originally posted by flip words@Sep 3 2005, 01:11 AM

well me and my homie were graffin it up and he got this wooden bench thing and the ink mixture got up in there pretty good. and earlier tonight i hit up a yellow street sign and when we drove past it, the headlights lit up the sign and i could see that the bleach soaked into the sign and significantly stained the sign. so that shit will not come off even if buffed 2-3 times. all i mix in with the bleach is dot 3 brake fluid and im pretty sure thats not a toxic mix. if someone tells me that it is toxic, fuck bleach. haha but ive had good experiences with bleach. i was just experimenting on the leftover ink i had anyway. oh yea, another reason why i wanted to use bleach was to lighten the color of the ink. it worked, too. i mixed it with some blue and when that shit dries, it dries an aqua-ish blue. so yea, bleach aint all that bad, i think.

as far as the bleach additive, it's your call. but, i still don't understand the whole brake fluid thing. i took a fair bit of chemistry a million years ago, and still i read up on it now and then. as far as i can tell, dot 3 brake fluid is mostly a compound called

ethylene glycol, which is an antifreeze. here's a chart i found....

TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES PENNZOIL® SUPER HEAVY-DUTY BRAKE FLUID TEST METHOD TYPICAL RESULTS

Equilibrium Reflux Boiling Point-447°F

Wet E. R. Boiling Point-294°F

Kinematic Viscosity@ -40°C cSt @ 100°C 1.9 cSt

pH-9.7

Effect on Brake Cups @70°C-None

Effect on Rubber @120°C-No Stratification, Sludging, Sedimentation or Crystallization

Low Temperature Appearance-No Stratification, Sludging, Sedimentation or Crystallization

Water Tolerance-No Stratification, Sludging, Sedimentation or Crystallization

Compatibility with Other-No Stratification, Sludging, Sedimentation or Crystallization

DOT 3 Brake Fluid Oxidation Resistance-Excellent

Corrosivity-Nil

the two things that interest me are pH and corrosivity. the corrosivity is listed as nil, and, at 9.7, the pH isn't high enough to do much. here's a pH chart for comparison.

pH Conc. H+ Example

0 10,000,000 Battery acid Most acidic

1 1,000,000 Hydrochloric acid

2 100,000 Lemon juice

3 10,000 Orange juice

4 1,000 Acid rain

5 100 Black coffee

6 10 Saliva

7 1 Distilled water Neutral

8 0.1 Salt water

9 0.01 Baking soda

10 0.001 Milk of magnesia

11 0.0001 Ammonia solution

12 0.00001 Soapy water

13 0.000001 Oven cleaner

14 0.0000001 Liquid drain cleaner Most alkaline

however, bleach (lye, same ingredient as oven and drain cleaner) has a very high pH, at 13.0. and, if you put undiluted bleach directly on your clothes, it will burn holes in them pretty quickly. so, i think that must be what's eating into the signs, unless there's a chemical i missed in brake fluid, or some kind of interaction with the ink you're using i didn't know about. oh, btw- in addition to being careful with bleach, don't add potassium permanganate to ethylene glycol. this link will show you why.

Potassium Permanganate Hypergolic Reaction To Ethylene Glycol

seeing as how i overlooked the basic properties of bleach, i'll do a little more research later to see if there's something i missed with brake fluid, then post what i find here. and, in case i bored anyone, sorry... but, if i can prevent someone from blowing their face off, it's worth it.

That are some strange numbers and the corrosivity

is propably for that brand product only, you can ask

anyone that has a car about DOT3 and they will tell

you that it is very corrosive. Before i began to use

xylene it did the best work in inks as far as eating

into paint and plastic surfaces.

I personally don't think you should throw

bleach inte your ink, i have yet to see a

ink that has gotten meaner from adding

bleach. Although bleach on it's own is

usable to throw in a kiwi mop and bleach

the fuck out of public transportation seats,

mainly because it makes buses/trains look

VANDALIZED. One of the first commanments

of the religion called bombing should be

FUCK SHIT UP. But if you bleach shit just

to get fame and don't go around bombing

shit hard otherwise it's just lame.

In one of my inks i use really high concentration

of PP just because the local buffers use an anti-

graffitisolution containing glycols, thus leaving

a burnmark in the middle of the ghosts and

making buffers fear and respect tags instead

of their usual ways of just pouring antigraffiti

solution all over the place without hesitation

(which also is flammable, very bad combo).

Originally posted by panakeii@Sep 4 2005, 09:17 AM

One of the first commanments

of the religion called bombing should be

FUCK SHIT UP.

No offense, but thats the gayest thing ive ever heard in relation to graffiti.