INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Can someone revise the whole carbon paper ink mix for me, if its worth revising? mar im looking in your direction. or shai if he comes on here as much as he used to.

The only one I have in my recipe book is the one posted in this thread. I never could get my hands on carbon paper for cheap/free so I never played with it.

Can someone revise the whole carbon paper ink mix for me, if its worth revising? mar im looking in your direction. or shai if he comes on here as much as he used to.

I've had carbon paper soaking in alcohol in a jar for maybe a year or two now. It's still unopaque and shitty. I'd say forget the carbon paper ink and leave that as a weak recipe from the past, just get some Marsh or that heavily advertised Doemdirty ink. If you go the Marsh route, mix in methylene blue / gentian violet and you get a nice stain.

did you use black/blue/violet carbon paper?

or that stuff like for labels thats white or yellow transfer paper?

i tried with shitty transfer carbon paper and its definitely not working. im gonna start over with the correct stuff, blue carbon transfer paper shit, and denatured alcohol.

also, griffin sucks. dont put it in a gravity marker or your marker will be dark grey from now on instead of deep black violet.

thanks MAR and rubish heap two, mar if you can find that recipe can u post it up again, i racked afew sheets from art class and yeh. are you able to use it as an ingredient to help stain ? because i got some of the powder on my fingers and it still isnt coming off 2 days later. im wondering if i can disolve it in some inks, i would get marsh and all that expensive shit but right now i have a bottle of blacktop ink, a bottle of artline ink, some acetone, and some carbon paper. the only way to get all that shit is through mail way down in aus. so yeh. and i dont really wana fuck my only inks up so i had to ask through here. BTW where can i pick up methylane blue, and potassium permangenate crystals; do they work as good as methylane blue ?

i made An Ink Kinda Toyish Though

2 OTR Ink Pens-$12

Brake Fluid-$15

Rubbing Alcohal-$3

Paint Thinner-$6-12

Blk Shoe Polish-$5

6 Highlighters-$16

2 Bottles of White Out-$4

1 Bottle Of Nail Polish Remover-$3

It Cost Me About $30-40

and it dries quick

ALRITE KID. YOU WIN 12OZS "STUPID TOYFUCK DOUCHEBAG" AWARD OF THE YEAR.

THERES ABOUT 100 THINGS WRONG WITH THAT LIST YOU MENTIONED. PROBABLY THE MOST NOTABLE IS THAT YOU PAYED FOR 6 HIGHLIGHTERS, THEN USED HIGHLIGHTER INK IN A GRAFFITI INK.

DOCTORS MUST HAVE SLIPPY HANDS LATELY BECAUSE THEY SURE DROPPIN ALOT OF KIDS ON THEIR HEADS AFTER DELIVERY

thanks MAR and rubish heap two, mar if you can find that recipe can u post it up again, i racked afew sheets from art class and yeh. are you able to use it as an ingredient to help stain ? because i got some of the powder on my fingers and it still isnt coming off 2 days later. im wondering if i can disolve it in some inks, i would get marsh and all that expensive shit but right now i have a bottle of blacktop ink, a bottle of artline ink, some acetone, and some carbon paper. the only way to get all that shit is through mail way down in aus. so yeh. and i dont really wana fuck my only inks up so i had to ask through here. BTW where can i pick up methylane blue, and potassium permangenate crystals; do they work as good as methylane blue ?

Here's my personal ink. I've kept this recipe to myself for the 20 or so odd years I've been using it, so consider yourselves lucky. :D

The stuff:

Clean, empty pint jar or two

10 sheets carbon paper (the blue/violet kind, slapnuts)

4oz bottle of Sanford's roll-on purple stamp pad ink

Denatured alcohol

Violet dye (methyl violet, gentian violet -- use your favourite)

How to:

1. Shred up the carbon paper. The best way would be to run it through one of those wastebasket shredders, but cutting it up into confetti works too.

2. Put the carbon paper in the pint jar. (Historical note: I used to make this in Mickey's malt liquor bottles.)

3. Fill almost to the top with denatured alcohol. Leave room to shake it.

4. Leave this to sit for at least a week and shake it at least once per day. (I've let it go as long as a month, but a week or two is fine.)

5. Mix 100ml denatured alcohol and about 5g to 10g violet dye in something (I use erlenmyer flasks). Remember to make sure it is dissolved. Shake it, let it sit, shake it -- repeat.

6. Using a paint filter or something like it, filter the carbon ink into your other jar or into your flask with the violet dye. Don't make a mess.

7. Add the whole bottle of stamp pad ink.

8. Shake, shake, shake.

Now you know my big secret. This stuff is nasty nasty and purple as all get out. You could make this with lighter fluid (naphtha) instead of alcohol -- I used to, but the DA is just cheaper. You could use another colour of stamp pad ink -- red might be nice. Make certain that you use Sanford's or some other business product and NOT the crappy craft store stamp pad ink (it sucks). The recipe is open for experimentation, so don't be afraid to add DOT-3 or Nero or whatever you want. I use this ink in emptied Poscas and in an older OTR070. You could add some varnish to it and put it in a mop... The possibilities are endless.

Be seeing you.

The rest of your questions have been answered recently hit the back button a few times. and if you havent already i suggest you read this thread from page 1.

The rest of your questions have been answered recently hit the back button a few times. and if you havent already i suggest you read this thread from page 1.

oh trust me, i have. ive been on this forum since before all the changes, and my account got terminated. ive read from page one to whatever its at now, but aftter a while the shit gets repeated it gets boring to read. so fuck it, i just didnt want to research every page to find the recipe. thanks heaps though. im gona work on it this weekend.

did you use black/blue/violet carbon paper?

or that stuff like for labels thats white or yellow transfer paper?

i tried with shitty transfer carbon paper and its definitely not working. im gonna start over with the correct stuff, blue carbon transfer paper shit, and denatured alcohol.

also, griffin sucks. dont put it in a gravity marker or your marker will be dark grey from now on instead of deep black violet.

used the violet shit, did it the proper method. came out shitty. and yeah griffin is trash unless it's a last resort.

i put normal tuquoise ink into an artline 100 that's 3/4 full... drips like crap... almost stained the whole of my bag... go a metal cased book... staind that shit hard...

but you gotta have the nib pointing upside-down for a whiloe to have it shitting ink

you can use mineral spirits and lots of other stuff instead of linseed oil.

look in the paint thinner section at home depot, pick anything.

except floetrol.

anyone heard about this rasco ink? its new i geuss, from italy. i ordered some but i was just wondering if anyone has used it? either way ill have a review up once its at my house.

i also got two bottles of nero

:D