PROJECT GRIZZLY

Guest TEARZ

http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/asithappens/entertainment/pictures/troy.jpg'>

TROY "TROUBLE-T-ROY" HURTUBISE

in an early bear fighting armor prototype

This movie must be seen.

"A hilarious documentary which introduces the world to Troy Hurtubise, a "close-quarter bear researcher." Obsessed with going head-to-head with an actual grizzly bear, he creates a costume, inspired by ROBOCOP, that he is convinced is grizzly proof. Good luck, Troy."

someone please get me this dvd for christmas...

click here for more info

there's a short clip available.

HOLLA ONE TIME, when you see a bear comin HOLLA ONE TIME!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305198152.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg'>

"Troy Hurtubise is the oddly interesting man he is today because he was attacked by a grizzly bear in 1984. Out of that came his life's dream--to build a suit of armor that would allow him to go one-on-one with a grizzly. The most compelling footage (and ripe for repeated viewing) in Project Grizzly is the crash testing of the 145-pound suit of titanium armor, chain mail, rubber, and interior air bags. Hurtubise, resembling a robotic Terminator, is thrown off cliffs, rammed by logs, hit by a pickup truck, and clubbed with baseball bats. And he cheerily considers those good days. Much of the rest of the film is tepid, with an almost absent narrative and hard-to-follow monologues by Hurtubise, who uses a fair amount of salty language. The biggest disappointment, though, is the lack of a climax--the $150,000 suit and its obsessed creator never do battle with the big G. It's a real-life Twin Peaks without the creepy dramatic payoff."

Guest im not witty

i cant believe you guys have never seen this dude before, hes been on every you gotta see this real tv reality type home video show there is. and it almost never gets old watching him get hit by a truck.

THE SUIT

Name:

Ursus Mark VI

Black Box:

Voice-activated recording device located on the rear-right side of head piece, to record bear sounds or, in the event of a catastrophic failure of the Ursus Mark VI, last words.

Defensive System:

Trigger finger-activated "blaster can" on right arm, capable of spraying a 38 centimetre (15 in.) diameter cone of bear repellant for a distance of 4.6 metres (15 ft.), for a duration of 7 seconds.

i saw that shit on real tv awhile back....with him getting hit by trucks and blasted with shotguns. fucking rad. hearing the "last words" if a bear tore that shit open would be priceless.

ah-ha-ha...fucking canadians.

I love this quote:

"I think that every Canadian should own a suit like Troy's -- to protect us from the barrage of images from Hollywood -- and embark on their own quests."

insert picture of Homer in his bear fighting costume (minus the ass...in case he gets too scared). Don't want to ruin a perfectly good suit of armor.

Archived