painting in the winter

2ten

Guest Rip Hamilton

Getting drunk does help!!! seriously, me and my boy were painting last winter, it had to be at least 10-20 below, windy as fuck, i was wasted and he was sober. turns out he ends up gettin frostbite on his paintin finger. The funny thing is i was totally underdressed for the occasion and he was sayin I was the one that was gonna get frostbite. I doubt it really matters but it was funny at the time. But yeah Schick1 summed up just about all the good tips for winter paintin.

After even a few simple fills you'll feel 10 times more satisfied when you get home and know you made yourself go out in freezin temps to paint.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by suicide7

i would have to say the worst part about painting in the cold is when your not wearing gloves and the paint gets all over your hands and starts to freeze. it almost feels like your hands are burning off.

Duh!!

Keep your cans warm too.

Originally posted by The Former

Why the fuck would you move from California to Nebraska? I should be asking my self that same question though. Last night my car had frost bite.

Free rent, chiller yards, cheaper schools...

Originally posted by Rip Hamilton

Getting drunk does help!!! seriously, me and my boy were painting last winter, it had to be at least 10-20 below, windy as fuck, i was wasted and he was sober. turns out he ends up gettin frostbite on his paintin finger. The funny thing is i was totally underdressed for the occasion and he was sayin I was the one that was gonna get frostbite. I doubt it really matters but it was funny at the time.

There is some science behind this, but it's a bit tricky.

Alcohol dilates (relaxes and slightly expands) the blood vessels. This lets more blood flow near the skin, so in the cold you feel warmer. The flipside is, your core body temperature will drop sooner because you're giving away all your body heat to the air (by letting it out at your skin).

The opposite path is caffeine, which causes vasoconstriction (blood vessels contract slightly, getting smaller/narrower). This permits less blood near the body's surface, which can increase the risk of frostbite on the extremities (fingers, toes, nose, etc.). The flipside of that is that heat stays locked away in your body longer.

Bottom line, if you're drunk and he's full of coffee, he'll get frostbite first, but if you guys get stranded outside in the cold for a long time, you'll die of hypothermia first.

i think some of you guys are missing the point with the whole footprint in the snow thing, its not that "the cops will follow you..." its the fact if you are painting a layup or other type spot away from everything else, in the middle of no where, and say there is 3 trains, and you crush all 3 of them, have footpaths all around them, snow trampled down to where it is totally obvious the freshly painted peice was done there and you have the rainbow mist on the snow from either paint dripping or mist, it isnt the best thing for your spot. to me that is the same as leaving your cans in front of the panel. just my opinion though.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Bottom line, if you're drunk and he's full of coffee, he'll get frostbite first, but if you guys get stranded outside in the cold for a long time, you'll die of hypothermia first.

...so...if I roll with a thermos full of cofee and he has 1/5 of jim beam and we switch halfway through will we both be saved?...

Guest rob deer

wear high heels to stay above the snow

braziere to stick cans in

girdle to also stick cans in

bring lipstick for your original outline

dump cocaine in the snow infront of your peice and have bums snort up all the snow so you dont' leave high heel prints

don't wear a skirt, it's cold out.

get an enema, shave your pubes and wear a wig so you're fuckable.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt see it on here anywhere, but maybe im repeating it .. the high performance rustoleum dries quicker than the regular kind cause its got acetone in it instead of toelene, which is a big help cause waiting for paint to dry in the cold sucks. oh and marsh dries quick too (butane)

Depending on how active your spot is i wouldnt step on the snow cus it will leave your footsteps and since the snow it going to be on the fr8 it might melt and drip onto the floor... Workers wont even have to think twice if some one is painting there... So there goes your spot... Don't shit where you eat...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yo.. you need to drink a 40.. dont need to get drunk, wal-mart silver purple outlines... smoke a cigg after you fill it will be dry, you need one of them visor beanies for maximum warmth plus style, a long sleeve t, hoodie and old snowboard jacket.... hot hands, you shake em up slip in your glove.. i just use them latex joints, and if your hand starts to burn.. fuck the armpit go for the grundel... i was just out in an ice/snow storm painting under a bridge... nice for those wintry mix conditions.... fuck footprints in the night nobody wants to chase you in the snow... i leave em all over:lick:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived