does anyone fluently speak french?

seeking

i need to track down an author, unfortunitly this author is french, and most her books were never translated to english, and there is very little on the web about her in english.

so if someone fluently speaks french and wants to take two seconds to search the web for contact info, current publisher or otherwise, for francoise sagan, i would send you a present in the mail.

thanks, thats all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^

Yeah it does sound like it dosent it? the thing is i know he could give me something which would have little value to him which would make one of my boys very very happy.

Anyway, i have called two girls, and they said there isnt even that much info on her on the french sites.

i got this email address though of a webmaster who is a francoise sagan fanatic who is bound to know all the information you require.

info@libertymoose.info

..seeks, she's been in 2 comas and is older than my dad. The odds are that she won't have any kind of direct internet access and won't have any personal info posted on the net. Your best bet is a letter to HarperCollins, or if you want to go a tiny bit more local, her French publishers Editions Pocket.

Any more French related questions here's another fluent speaker checking in.

spike,

thanks homie. thats basically what i was looking for, a current publisher or agent or something. im not thinking im gonna come across her home phone number, and dont really want it anyway. i just want to get something signed by her before she slips into another coma and kicks the bucket. ive never actually cared about having anything signed by an author before, but oll girl is the shit to me. did it ever say why she was in the coma? i know shes had bad health, an almost died in the 50's as a result of a car accident, but havent been able to find much siince.

effyoo,

in the 50's, she wrote bonjour tristesse, at 18, and it kind of turned the literarry world (especially the french one) on its ear. no one had written like she did, and certainly not at such a young age. she's still the most famous french author ever. so after that book, she got rich and famous and spent the next 20 years getting drunk, doing drugs, driving fast cars (sometimes into things) and having sex, all of which were pretty widely reported by the press. she was the french james dean, sort of.

bathorae,

my personal favorite is 'a certain smile', but she also did a photobook wiith a guy named wiinston something, called 'mirrors of venus' that is fucking sick. bonjour tristesse is her most famous one though.

seeks/at length about things no one cares about

Woah, did you realise she went to jail for a year cuz she was tangled up in some oil shit? Elf passed off some millions on her to avoid tax and various stuff, she got help covering it up from the old French president Mitterrand and then got caught.

As for the second coma... No information as to why, she went into intensive care on the 5th of September (this year) and has since recovered... probably drug abuse like the other time in 1985, where she was found in a coma in her hotel room while on a trip to South America.

If you're really serious about getting your book signed, if any research you do on Editions Pocket turns up nothing useful, another publisher name to look at could be Julliard, who used to publish her book back in the day. Again no contact information anywhere on the site.

Good luck on getting this done, but you're probably gonna have to find someone in France to help you out on this one.

she didnt actually go to jail, she got the sentenced suspended or something. or atleast thats what the translations have lead me to believe.

yeah, i was fearing a french connection might be necessary.

pinup, just her. i dont know much about any other french authors.

let me enlight you on her criminal bizness..

She was closed to the 80' french president called mitterrand and she had been charge on some lobbying stuff for an oil company (Elf) this is a big scandal that happened in the end of 80' but only been work by the justice by the 90'.. She had to serve for one year but she just got a probation..if you want further detail she help making easyer a deal between Mitterand and the former Ouzbek president izlam Karimov..she was in a urge of money at that time..at least president compared her to 'mata hari' famous german spy in the first world war!!