michael moore has some bright fans

Guest BROWNer

I just hope that 50 years from now all of the history books can factually report what really happened and who was really involved without getting the kind of negative pressure that Moore is getting from these 'patriots'.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by BROWNer

you've dialled the truth behind 911 huh old?:tongue:

give me three hundred thousand dollars and ill show you a conspiracy theory based of nothing but expert opinions and mainstream news and actual facts that is not going to dwell on the bush bin laden connection.

i don't mind moore...

i am leery of how much power he currently wields among (especially young) progressive people. for example, his endorsement of clark? gag me with a fucking spoon...

Lets be honest here folks, how many of you would have rented a bbc documentary on guns in America? Exactly. I thought bowling for columbine was good for what it did, opened eyes. Thats all, I'm not going to get my opinions of our nation from it, I'm not writing moore in on my ballot, and I don't even agree with what he was saying, but at least he has the balls to say what he thinks instead of these half ass no ethics having "journalists" who get force fed their stories from the higher ups. A different point of view was refreshing. I especially liked the part where he was interviewing the guy from the Oklahoma bombing and the guy is like "ya I have a gun, there are wacko's out there." Anyway, do I think Moore has uncovered a secret 9/11 conspiracy? No. Do I think he will make some interesting points worthy of consideration, and cause more than a few people to rethink what they take for granted? Yes. But what the fuck do I know, go watch fox news or some...

DIP SET!

actually, i spent a lot of time watching fox news and reading news on the internet which leads to my current beliefs.

my whole problem with michael moore, is the first time i heard about him, it was on fox news.

actually, i forgot, there was a REALLY good part of bowling for columbine that i didnt mention. it was about how the mother of the 6 yearold boy that shot and killed the six year old girl was on a prison bus that morning going forty miles to work two minimum wage jobs in order to pay back her welfare under that states welfare reform laws and it was investigated in depthly.

what i dislike about his film, is like i said, it states the obvious, but unfortunatley the obvious is understated quite a bit.

but like i said, his 9/11 flick is gonna be more of the same....stating the obvious...i mean come on now....the white house outright refused to give up info regarding 9/11 and personally seeing the 47 story world tc collapse while undamaged off footage on network tv, talking no glass broken even, straight down demolition style as there was a mysterious "phone call" minutes before warning people to get out lets you know somthing is going on.

call nypd and ask them about the five mossad agents they caught that day and check for yourself that the zionist owner is trying to collect DOUBLE on the insurance policy for the towers since two planes hit hes trying to collect 700 BILLION DOLLARS....and uh..never mind the massacres in palestine that have gone down since then....

anyway....belive what you want to belive...but michael moore is like eating a mcdonalds salad with the croutons and the dressing...you think your being healthy, but in actuallity you would be better off with a cheesburger.

edit-that last metaphor is overly harsh. im glad he is making such a 'controversial' film and releasing it before the election season, cause michael moore is far better than cable or network news. but with the internet these days...if you really look you can find much more thats out there. dont wait for the news to come to you, go out and find your news if you really want to be informed.

and i still think michael moore looks like the tootsie roll owl.

Originally posted by hottnickels

and now i hope this at least draws more attention to a topic slowly fading from the public's memory..9/11

are you shitting me? 911 has been the biggest factor in shaping world politics over the past 2 yrs. it allowed the so called coalition of the willing's blatant invasion and plunder of iraq. allowed the war on afghanistan (which no matter how you dress it up, it was a revenge attack, eye for an eye type of shit, the US forces havent captured osama bin laden, and afghanistan is now controlled by warlords, worse that when it was taliban controlled). now the US will attack iran for using another fraudulent dossier as their evidence, and peoples civil liberties in the US, Britain and Australia are gradually being taken away in the never ending hunt for the "bad guys".

Guest BROWNer

whatever old. i wouldn't bet all your chips on that theory.

smart..the guy that did hoop dreams, have you seen his latest?

rent "Stevie" if you haven't already. top drawer.

<--- (a.k.a. hottnickels)

Originally posted by wiseguy

are you shitting me? 911 has been the biggest factor in shaping world politics over the past 2 yrs. it allowed the so called coalition of the willing's blatant invasion and plunder of iraq. allowed the war on afghanistan (which no matter how you dress it up, it was a revenge attack, eye for an eye type of shit, the US forces havent captured osama bin laden, and afghanistan is now controlled by warlords, worse that when it was taliban controlled). now the US will attack iran for using another fraudulent dossier as their evidence, and peoples civil liberties in the US, Britain and Australia are gradually being taken away in the never ending hunt for the "bad guys".

what i'm getting at is that the u.s. government lost focus.

9/11 was about al qaeda.

they made it about all the other shit you talk about..an excuse, really, to do a whole bunch of imperialistic world policing, that conservatives have hungered for, for many years..

it is not about iraq, iran, or muslims, but the 'coalition of the willing' made it about that..

thus we lost sight of the root causes of 9/11

and the world's hatred of the great satan.

we don't remember vicitms,

we don't remember a national day of service, or loving our fellow man.

the government got swept up in revenge, and swept away on a sea of some bullshit.

the real memories of 9/11

and the horror shared by so many

is being forgotten.

i pretty much agree with what you're saying here, don't get me wrong.

Originally posted by old*824

bowling for columbine....

it should of been far more in depth and less glitzy. if he would of done a bbc style doc on it, far more in depth issues would of been documented.

that and the fact that the population of candada and europe is maybe what the us is so that kind of nulls the whole death ratio point.

basically he just stated the the truth but did a poor job of articulation on its roots and underlying causes.

the gun deaths in the us are mostly innercity and drug related. that was not documented or investigated indepthly in his film.

i have been meaning to get around to reading his books though.

i think bowling for columbine was moore's attempt at proving a thesis he had... that fear is the cause of the high number of gun related deaths in the states. the movie wasn't about the columbine shootings per se... the shootings are an event he explored to help him prove his point... i think it was a look into why these things happen... not the details of an event.

whether or not he was successful in proving this thesis is up for grabs. this thread looks pretty split.

as for trying to ban his next movie... freedom of speech. he has the right to say what he wants... you have the right to not listen. deal with it.

there is far more actual evidence pointing to that theory than there is to the goverments one. and uh, funny how an israeli company two blocks away got text message warnings a couple of hours before the attacks, and whats even funnier is how rudy guliani shipped off the wreckege of the towers before it was analized.

i mean, what am i supposed to belive the goverment here when the head of al queda DENIED doing it. and i mean, bleah.....fugit. belive what you see fit. its my right to belive my theory and isnt that what the troops are fighting for. my freedom?

look at !@#$% 9/11 is nothing more than an excuse for military action these days and an excuse to scale back our rights. If you research it , youll see a lot of victims familys have a lot of unanswered questions.

whatever old. i wouldn't bet all your chips on that theory.

Guest BROWNer

dude, i don't need any schoolin' on the

whole conspiracy of september 11. i'm just sayin'..

you're playin' armchair sherlock holmes and

making alot of assumptions, which is fine, but

its very complex and details are important..

you don't have ALL details, and alot of this stuff

is provided to you by somebody else who you 'project'

your values onto..you assume that they are giving

you the goods, and that they are decent, truthful

people. you follow? maybe this isn't being articulate

very well but..

you can measure plausibility from

other things and cross reference and map things

over other things and blahblah, but you still

won't be in a position to make a definitive

adjudication that 9/11 was perpetrated by mossad and a result

of a massive zionist conspiracy. you can say its plausible, but not

definitive. whatever.........

i just don't buy it part and parcel like you, there's

just way too many questions and avenues it

could go and way too many pieces to make that leap.

there's a guy in my class who is just like you old, he

thinks zionists are the cause of everything. its just

too ambiguous an idea.

a few thoughts on the matter....

Originally posted by old*824

there is far more actual evidence pointing to that theory than there is to the goverments one. and uh, funny how an israeli company two blocks away got text message warnings a couple of hours before the attacks, and whats even funnier is how rudy guliani shipped off the wreckege of the towers before it was analized.

i mean, what am i supposed to belive the goverment here when the head of al queda DENIED doing it. and i mean, bleah.....fugit. belive what you see fit. its my right to belive my theory and isnt that what the troops are fighting for. my freedom?

look at !@#$% 9/11 is nothing more than an excuse for military action these days and an excuse to scale back our rights. If you research it , youll see a lot of victims familys have a lot of unanswered questions.

yes, the government saw its chance, and grabbed it.

bottom line, Al-Qaeda masterminded september 11th.

the help they got was in the form of an ignorant american public, a lethargic and uncommunicative intelligence apparatus, and a government that ignored all the warnings..

people diggin for conspiracy will find it everywhere.

the wreckage of the towers is mostly dust.

i mean, how many hundreds of people died in those buildings, with no evidence of their existence after the fact??

do you have any idea how hot that fire was?

let's face it.

bin laden is a cult of personality

with a shitload of money and brains

who's got a bunch of fanatics on his side.

i agree that there is shit that needs to come out, but i think the connections have more to do with 2 governments who have abandoned their country's once highminded ideas about a perfect society, and out of that disillusionment spawned to of the most powerful forces in world politics today..and they are doing battle...and yeah, i would say right now, the tyrant is losing (the terrorists win by not losing), but getting deeper in what is becoming quicksand.

i'm a big supporter of not believing everything you hear [and read]

dude, you're playin' armchair sherlock holmes and

making alot of assumptions, which is fine, but

its very complex and details are important..

you don't have ALL details, and alot of this stuff

is provided to you by somebody else who you 'project'

your values onto..you assume that they are giving

you the goods, and that they are decent, truthful

people. you follow? maybe this isn't being articulate

very well but..

you can measure plausibility from

other things and cross reference and map things

over other things and blahblah, but you still

won't be in a position to make a definitive

adjudication that 9/11 was perpetrated by mossad and a result

of a massive zionist conspiracy. you can say its plausible, but not

definitive. whatever.........

i just don't buy it part and parcel like you, there's

just way too many questions and avenues it

could go and way too many pieces to make that leap.

there's a guy in my class who is just like you old, he

thinks zionists are the cause of everything. its just

too ambiguous an idea.

Well the only other real alternitive is to buy the other parcel. That Al Queda a very small millitant Religious Militia that does not belive in attacking civilians for their goverments action was able to simutanously hijack four aircraft and have them in air for a matter of hours fly incredible aerobatics in to land mark after land mark after land mark.

do i think Al Queda is capable of this? absoluetly not. Is the Mossad capable of this, probalby the only people on the earth that could get away with it. Oh, and funny how today in a nationally syndicated ap article all the gitmo detainees have been RELEASED.

so yeah, i dont really by the whole parcel either, i know the the us and israeli goverments have a factual history of fucking over populations and killing them while Al queda dosent.

im just sayen....

where did you ever get the idea that al qaeda won't kill innocent anericans?

there were about 50 detainees who were released to tyhe custody of their governemnts, in exchange for theit government's agreement ti investigate and or prosecute them...they did not just let everyone go.

how were there any acrobatics?

they just knew which direction to aim the planes in ...if you know anyone who flies, you would know that flying is the easy part, it's taking off and landing (the hijackers clearly did not do this) that are the hard parts.

they were planning this since the first fucking wtc bombing..remember that? no one thinks israel had anything to do with that?

and why?

because they were a few determined men who put their minds to a huge goal, and accomplished it..not everyone succeeded, after all, the pentagon and PA are evidence of that.

Guest BROWNer

by default i don't buy the official version either,

nor do i buy hottnickels ideas part and parcel.

i simply DO NOT KNOW> too much of the official

story seems shaky, and little of the conspiracies

are solid.

i'm out.

Originally posted by !@#$%

]where did you ever get the idea that al qaeda won't kill innocent anericans?

*from osama bin laden who denied orchestrating the attacks

there were about 50 detainees who were released to tyhe custody of their governemnts, in exchange for theit government's agreement ti investigate and or prosecute them...they did not just let everyone go.

*if they had such a solid case why didnt we prosecute them, but in turn let middle eastern countrys they come from that probably dont like us or trust us prosecute them? btw, the ap article stated a hundred were let go.

how were there any acrobatics?

they just knew which direction to aim the planes in ...if you know anyone who flies, you would know that flying is the easy part, it's taking off and landing (the hijackers clearly did not do this) that are the hard parts.

*um, well if you belive that the pentagon was hit by a plane thats pretty impressive acrobatic flying since he managed not to wreck the lawn, then theres the whole thing of being able to hijack a airliner midflight and navigate it to certian targets hundreds of miles away with no flying experience is downright impressive and on top of that, i think the accuracy that they flew the planes in to the towers with is very impressive

they were planning this since the first fucking wtc bombing..remember that? no one thinks israel had anything to do with that?

yeah, they went from a truck bomb to being able to simutaneosly hijack four jet liners and evade the air force and federal aviation laws and hit the targets. big difference. you talking about a truck bomb and the biggest terrorist act in the history of the world done ten years apart. and then there is the theory that the first bombing was known about and allowed to happen.

and why?

because they were a few determined men who put their minds to a huge goal, and accomplished it..not everyone succeeded, after all, the pentagon and PA are evidence of that.

*yeah, a few determined right wing lunatics did a very good job in my opinion.

[/b]

and besides that Israel is a western country that has been in violation of internationl human rights laws for decades and gets away with it. You think they wouldnt kill a few thousand americans if a zionist could collect double the insurance policy on the landmarks destroyed, SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS, and the fact that the only country in the middle east that could actually threaten them was Iraq, only country that could take them out via a anthrax missle.......and lets not even mention gwb and his love for oil. I mean that and the fact that the mossads motto is thou shall do war through the art of deception. Belive who you want to belive but trust me, Israel has no love for you, they have love for the billions of tax dollars we send them and the weapons they get and would not think twice about victimizing innocent americans to further their goal.

come on now....you really think a bunch of arabs that live in caves could pull off the biggest terrorist attack in the history of the world??