EROWID.org and the use of psychoactives in modern american culture

Guest MothersLover

Guest MothersLover

So any thoughts on the subject? Im personally up for the legalization of most psychoactives although im slightly sceptical on the usage of Lsd and hallucenogenic drugs with modern day life.

I think that erowid.org does a great job of showing the positive and negative sides of substance use, and ive learned quite alot from the site.

Has any one tried any of the new research chemicals?

------------------

BAKER BAKER BAKER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MothersLover:

Has any one tried any of the new research chemicals?

iv had about 25 experiances with 2ct7, im pretty sure they have it listed as a research chemical. its pretty wierd stuff

[This message has been edited by dosoner (edited 08-29-2001).]

i just dont know bout that pychedelic shit, i took an eighth of shrooms when i was 14 (a year ago, about) and the fuckin street still looks kinda wavy when im waitin at the bus stop.....haha funny story, i was trying to hit up a sign on shrooms, and i painted the entire thing red....

Guest beardo

goddamn.. i just read a few accounts from 2ct7 experiences.. keep that shit away from me. i feel like i just tripped and i only read about it!

i dont even know what would happen if i did that shit.. i havent done any hallucinagens in quite a while. NOT GONNA FIND OUT

beardo, its not near as bad as alot of the reports on erowid make it out to be, its pretty intense stuff, i never had any nausea, or annoying body load like alot of people seem to get, but diffrent people are effected in diffrent way. 2ct7 reminds me of a very visual lsd high, with a bit of a wierd speedy feeling to it. its wierd stuff

i did like 5mg the first time, and bumped it up by two mg's untill i got to a good point. i found that at like 2mg, it makes a nice little anti-depressent, and gives a good buzz like taking some caffine pills or somthing, at 5mg-8mg all i got was an annoying feeling in my stomach. once i got up to 10mg, it showed the first signs of promise.

not that anyone cares about this shit but me.

no point in starting another topic, i just hope someone reads this and may respond to it.

tripping and physical age

this is a question i've been puzzling over for some time now...this past sunday i was reading the book ACID DREAMS, the section on Captn Al Hubbard, often called the Johnny Appleseed of LSD...he was a somewhat mysterious figure who pioneered the idea of psychedelic psychotherapy...one of his biggest projects was dosing hardcore alcholics in which 50% of them after tripping stopped boozing for good...too many stories about him to include here tho his name always comes up in good books on the history of lsd so you can read about him if you wish...

now here's the thing...he was in his 40s the first time he tripped...as were leary and huxley...i was in my early 30s...and of course many people in the decades since when these people were prominent have dosed first time as young as 12...

maybe not so much a question as tossing onto the floor for consideration the idea of tripping and age...huxley's novel island presents a mythical society in which adolescent members are dosed with a psychedelic substance at around age 15...

is there a too young? a too old? as much as you are inclined to be personal or more philosophical please comment on this...i just can't help but think it significant that some trip first time as teens, some much later in life...

[This message has been edited by dosoner (edited 08-31-2001).]

I think psychedelics might be more damaging to younger brains. I took an eighth of mushrooms (i regret not starting with half an eighth) which i ordered off the internet, when i was 14. I dont think i was entirely prepared, but theres no way anyone can imagine what a psychedelic experience is like before they have had one. This trip caused me to stop smoking weed (i just stopped enjoying it for some reason), and i think it took some of the edge off my mind. Also, i have a little trouble concentrating and when i am tired, if i sit still and stare at a flat surface (especially a street) it will become slightly wavy. If anyone reading this is thinking of trying a psychedelic and is under 18, i wouldnt reccomend it, you should wait until your brain has finished growing....

finsished growing or not, im sure that any psychoactive wont do you any good.

Xeroshoes:

you must live outside the usa if you got mushrooms off the net?

and out of curiosity, did you notice these effects after just that one use? or was there use of other chemicals or plants inbetween the shrooms and the time you noticed the effects?

Archived