What should I do with the rest of my life…??....

Guest imported_sofarok

Guest imported_sofarok

Im so lost right now so in desperation I turn to you people…

I graduated uni last year with a degree in new media, since then I have worked part time as a teacher in that area, I really couldn’t hand the responsibility and the place I was working at was fucked beyond belief so now im job less and have no idea what I should do with my life, im 24, back living with my folks, I have a ton of debt from uni including roughly £1500 in credit card debt….i guess I need a job but all the stuff im applying for im not even getting interviews for…which is good cus I don’t even have a portfolio…I think mybey moving to London might be on the cards but if im going to do that then I may as well move to new york or somewhere totally different….

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bigsofarockaoner, my man. forget that shit. move to the countryside and become a hermit. change your name and grow a beard. kill wild animals and eat them. take prescription meds with vodka. shoot at people who come too close to your hermit nest. walk around all day saying "i love it when you call me big pop-pa"

i like how everyone trys to make jokes...maby its to impress or maby it's becuase their life is worse and it makes them feel better..shuter shuter...

any way...sofarok no worries everyone falls in a slump now and then..the only way to get out is to just be happy at what you have done so far...you graduated last year with a degree in new media thats one step...you can always get a job, to make money on the side while you are working on that media job...i seen your art you got some skills you can sell some paintings also...life isnt all about money too you should always try to have fun i mean life is too short to worry about makeing all this money cuzs once you get that big chunk your too old to injoy it you know what i mean...things from what you told me sound good...save up money then get your own place...no worries gotta be happy at where you are now..heck some ppl never even made it to school...

i dont know..you knoiw what i mean blah peace

Originally posted by Coffie Crave

i like how everyone trys to make jokes...maby its to impress or maby it's becuase their life is worse and it makes them feel better..shuter shuter...

no, i make jokes cos i know sofa and i know he's smart enough, talented enough and cool enough to get where he needs to go. and he's a pretty funny dude too

I hear loud negros outside. That's odd. Either that or they are loud wegros. It is dark.

I make jokes cuz..................i have nothing better to do with my time right now. Really. I have noticed a trend in people getting out of college and not being able to find jobs. I thought that it was mostly a problem here in America though. I learn something new everyday.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm in a similar condition here, same age, same problem...minus the debt, thats good...it doesnt make me fell to fuckin stressed. I'm a firm believer of "when in doubt, travel and fuck"

repeat with me.

dont stress mang. lifes too short to stress. i wish i could take my own advice. i dont sleep or eat much because it hink about how ive had a fucked up life and how i feel very lost right now in a lot of things. oh well right? im gonna make millions. and a bajillion shoes. tighhhht. like your pussy. i have really fucked up in school.. just dropped yet another class .... normal people would stress and crap. ..but nah not me. ah what the fuck am i talking about.

Thats a good mantra Tesseract, it worked for me.

[start infomercial]

"After following Mr. Tesseracts 'Find Yourself in 14 Days' program, I decided on a career and made decisions that were beneficial for me and my biatches

[end infomercial]

For real though, getting out and expanding your horizions is nothing but good. It makes you reflect, take an evaluation, and focus on what needs to be done.

And if that doesn't need to be done, you'll have fun like a motherfucker.

Guest imported_sofarok

I know that 12oz is a shit place from which to try and glean some life affirming advice but its so much easier than communicating with my real friends….it almost like thinking out loud I guess…im thinking now about travelling a bit, perspective maybe what I need or at the very least it would be good to get/run away from things for a while, so I now need a job where I can make ok money and preferably don’t have to communicate with people or at least not be polite….

not talk to people or be polite

i hear that. i worked service industry jobs from 14 until i graduated. sounds like you need a change. i'd definitely suggest getting into more debt! not really but it helps to get to that next step. get a temp job, save your money, stop paying your bills and move somewhere else in the world. with a university degree you can get a visa almost anywhere.

http://www.escapeartist.com/

Guest ctrl+alt+del

this is my ace in the whole...

profusionist.

9 months to learn how to work the profusion machine. keeps people alive during heart ops. get a signing bonus with lots of hospitals that will cover your student loans.

Archived