RESPECT....

EVENSAYIXSAY

Originally posted by fuck muni

id rather see a grimey ass99 cent can fillin on a busy street than a legal peice done by someone with belton paint and took him 4 hours

I can honestly say that I agree with this statement. While legal walls look really beautiful and a lot of heart and sould goes into them... there's something about a hurried fill-in that awakens me. I know this to be trus due to my reactions.

A beautiful wall - "Wow... that's really nice."

A beautiful throw - "Holy shit... that's fuckin' sick!"

To me, it's all a part of the game. When I used to write I tried to have my hand in everything. I was never the most up, most legals or most anything. I just tried to do a little of it all. And by the end of the day... that's all that should matter. Concentrating on one aspect of writing is a new-jack thing... so I just don't understand it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Joker

To me, it's all a part of the game. When I used to write I tried to have my hand in everything. I was never the most up, most legals or most anything. I just tried to do a little of it all. And by the end of the day... that's all that should matter. Concentrating on one aspect of writing is a new-jack thing... so I just don't understand it.

wonk

for me its just about getting up....getting your name up in high fucken insane places...so i guess i learn toward the bombing aspect of graff....pieicing to me is boring, i dont like looking a wall of colors unless im on some leak or acid.....

Originally posted by igor

No i don't. Let me give a metaphor: If graffiti was Rap, then blackbook kids would be people just writing rhymes, never actually rapping.

The respect earned by bombing and the respect earned by writing legal walls can't be compared. Although both are graffiti they both earn respect on two totally different levels. Bombing mostly proves you're crazy, burning mostly proves skills. If you want to be respected for your balls, that's fine with me, but i don't. Breakers, rappers, djs all work legally and earn respect by proving skills, not how crazy they are. What's wrong with me looking at graffiti the same way, as a discipline of skills?

i do agree with you a bit. Kids at legals can have skill and they do diserve repect for their skill, agreed. But........some kids lose their respect and lose the way people thought they were cool when the time comes that they won't shut up, and that they brag that their hardasses and try to be showy with their flicks of their shit when they aren't hardass and haven't done anything of worth. Now as for the part were it is said that bombers are crazy, that can only be taken so far. When you do illegal shit you have to be a vandal with "respect." what I mean is, is that they have to bomb on shit that isn't CRAZY, ex. cop car. with all graffiti you have to have some sort of respect like not doing houses, trees rocks in parks it just makes us all look bad. When it comes to pirvate prop it all depends, but on public prop bombs away. I'll do both. Lets see.........oh yeah and as for you black book only kids like the ones from texas, your good but.........you all need to kill yourselves. You have no application and i know you can't paint worth shit so don't even bother sportn your books cause you get no respect not even at the bottom of the barrel. So theres my 2 bits^

Talking of bombing cop cars. I remember once at a jam in my town there was a gang of people from Berlin, and they tagged on the cop cars WHILE the cops were watching. There were so many of them Berliners, plus they were armed, the cops couldn't do a thing. Now that was really crazy. They also stopped cars at a crossing passing by and tagges the cars while the driver was watching helplessly.

Some talk bout "bein' thug" and all that. That macho-shit is so immature. Who cares if you're hardcore? i don't. The guy that killed 10 people for no reason is more hardcore than you. Is that your role-model? There are more important things in life than proving how hard you are.

To me it's all about style. I had more appreciation for illegal stuff when graffiti was new and a bombings were something rare. But now every kid and his mama bomb the city like ain't no tomorrow. Not because they're hard enough to take the consequences for the love of HipHop, but because they just don't realize how hard the consequences will be for them. Many quit after being caught. Some don't, cause they're so fuckin "real". Those guys usually don't have a future. They get caught again and again, and in the end never go to work because every cent they'd earn already belongs to the state.

First of all you sound like my mom. Second I give you respect for stating you opinion. But when you say that a guy who kills is hardcore your using the wrong example. This is something positive thats hardcore , killing is as negative hardcore as it gets. There is a difference between stupidity and smarts, killing aint' smart and bombing isn't either but it depends where you do it. I prefer peices over bombing but i prefer pieces on illegal walls than legals. When I go "bombing" I basically put up pieces instead. Cause I take my time. Its always in an open visible area but its early morning and there ain't to many cars or people and if I have to run back and forth to get it finished, I will, just so that I can see it bright and vibrant during the day (I usually check back with my stuff to see it during the day). I like to bomb, cleanly , I guess you could say. Peace

I didn't really mean to compare killing with illegal writing, it was rather referring to that "thug"-attitude. I know stories of writers that shoot at cops just not to get caught. Writers surfing on trains, beating people into coma and all kinds of real stupid shit. I mean that those writers trying to prove how hard they are by all means necessary aren't my rolemodel. But writers trying to impress by the amount of tags, t-ups and all that are okay.

I didn't really mean to compare killing with illegal writing, it was rather referring to that "thug"-attitude. I know stories of writers that shoot at cops just not to get caught. Writers surfing on trains, beating people into coma and all kinds of real stupid shit. I mean that those writers trying to prove how hard they are by all means necessary aren't my rolemodel. But writers trying to impress by the amount of tags, t-ups and all that are okay.

They dont shoot at the cops or beat people into comas to prove how "thug" they are, they do it to get away...........retard

Even though i hav'nt been writing for ages im a real firm beliver of old skool, things were best back in the day and its important to preserve that. I much prefer the way things used to be done, like rap before west coast came on the scene with all this gangsta rap shoot you all up in the eye bull shit, it was better when it was about rocking the party and having a good time and exactly the same applies to graff, i would much prefer writers that were well rounded, they could bomb and piece. I dont like bombers who are everywhere in the craziest spots but cant paint a decent piece or legal writers who have incredible skill but are not up in the slightest.

Fuck being a bomber, fuck being a legal piecer, do it all, do what you want to do mostly but being well rounded is more important.

Ashby, i agree with you, but the thread starter didn't give us that option.

It was:

some one with a dope style who burns walls, and has mad skill? OR someone who only paints trains, and does strictly illegal shiz? (with not as much skill)

Talking of Rap about rocking parties and all that you really got me reminiscing bout the days when i used to make my first sketches while listening to MC Shan. It definately all had a much more positive feeling than today.

Let me give a metaphor: If graffiti was Rap, ...

...then legal wall kids would be those record executive pawns that sell a million albums...and bombers would be the kids that get their fame from rockin mics in the basements of clubs and put out independant albums...

...which do you prefer?...

It depends. Independent albums can be good, albums that sold a million copies can be good too. Wu-Tang isn't bad, they must have sold a million and more.

If you're referring to burners as sellout-pop-rap-albums then i guess you can't stand burners. I like them though. Because they burn. That's why they are called burners.

I guess you think of legal writers as soft halfhearted suckers who aren't down with the underground. This might be true for some and for some it isn't. I don't judge people by how many illegal pieces they've done. If someone is cool he's cool. If he aint he aint.

Graffiti is a life style. Racking, Painting, and climbing :). So my point is bombs have a story. People are interested because they dont know how they reached the spot or how they pulled it off. most legal graff is like "W:eek:W, how pretty" but bombing gets everyday people to reeeeeaaallly think about shit. bout fuckin life and how a man could value such a thing. shit they might even talk to someone at work about it. Which book would you rather read...one about a legal writer or one about a bomber.

Archived