The Church of Body Modification

Guest keep

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont particularly care for piercings. i think they tend to look gaudy and silly. then again my ears are at a 2 guage and my nose is pierced, so maybe im just being hypocritical. either way, i dont care alot for piercing, forking your tounge or any of that shit, but i am growing a bit of an interest in that fish hook hanging shit. i could honestly see myself getting pretty into that in the future. im completely down with the desire to master your body and break down your threshhold of pain. once youve let go of everything, you hold everything an perhaps i dont need to hang upside down with meat hooks in my back to learn that, but then again, maybe i do...

Hey Seeking,

Are you talking about ritual suspension? I want to do that so bad. I have a pierced lip and my ear lobes are stretched to a 0 gauge. I’ve always been interested by tribal cultures, but I don’t think I would join a “religion” strictly dedicated to body modification.

------------------

Al

Stonecutters #1

yup. im not familiar with the 'proper' term for it, but yeah, thats what im talking about. 'sundance ritual' or whatever they call it. i wouldnt go so far as to say im completely sold on it, but its definitely something im looking forward to finding out more about an perhaps one day trying. youve never lived till you die ya know? i just gotta take it one step at a time...

Guest SPLINTER

actually the ritual is supposed to be done with eagles talons that are shoved underneath your pectoriol(sp) muscles(chest) then twiste. once twisted they are attached to a twisted rope and youre then hung

Guest please.die

As much as I enjoy being pierced, I think the whole rites of passage stuff is going to far, in my case. I do enjoy learning about it though, and Iwouldn't rule it out.

i've had my uvula (the little ball in the back of your throat), my tongue, labret, ears @ 2ga, nipples and belly button.. i eventually had to take my labret and tongue out because they were wearing away my gums. i took my eyelets out because I was sick of people saying "ouch, did that hurt?", took my nipples out because after a year, one started to heal out and i didn't want it to leave a scar, and the uvula was nearly impossible to clean so that came out too.

i think body modification is great in that it's a way to decorate your body, but i can't say i think it does anymore good than it does harm. i think it's silly someone would want to make a religion out of it.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Guest --zeSto--

why am I not suprised to hear there's a bunch

of pierced 'freaks' on this fourm?

oh wait.. I'm one of 'em too... when did that happen?

ive been looking into suspenshion for a while now, from what ive heard its a very cool experience.

seeking, you might want to look thu this website http://www.suspension.org/ or http://www.iwascurred.com

And the church isnt a religion, its only a church for the freedom and legal power that churches get. If we get enough members it could end discimantion against people with tattoos and piercings.

jesus fuck, tow. your uvula..... my god thats just scary. ive had tons of stuff done, but its all gone except my tongue. the uvula shit is scary. and that hanging shit reall really scares me, i shudder to think about it. it actually bothers me to the point that id like to hurt peple who do it. its just not human.

my piercer is strongly into suspensions. he dose one atleast every other month. I have been curious to give it a shot and burt my threshhold for pain farther down, but at the same time I am scared to death of it. he biulds suspensions rigs and from what I hear they are GREAT suspension rigs. if someone would like his contact info about his rigs or suspensions in general hit me up with an email.

since we are naming off our holes too I will go ahead and say all mine... Both ears at 1/2" a raised lebret/lowered lip piercing so I can alternate between a captive bead and a lebret stud. both nipples, a double tounge ring (side by side). next is either my suptum or starting a jacobs ladder.

Originally posted by SPLINTER:

actually the ritual is supposed to be done with eagles talons that are shoved underneath your pectoriol(sp) muscles(chest) then twiste. once twisted they are attached to a twisted rope and youre then hung

From what I understand, that is only a Native American form of suspension, and I doubt they are the only people who have done it. I have been really interested in suspensions for a long time, keep, if you ever find someone who does them locally (or anywhere in states bordering our own), let me know, I will do this. I haven't had many piercings, for various reasons, but I have been into this shit for a while. I urge everyone to join the church, it's a good organization....I think I will do my next few piercings myself...I want three dydoes, and a pubic ladder.....

this is also something that I have been considering trying:

http://bme.freeq.com/people/trepan/index.html

[This message has been edited by Jesus of Nazareth (edited 08-31-2001).]

That's a really interesting article Jesus. I remember reading about some tribes doing that, but I didn't know people were still opening holes in their skulls to raise conciousness to this very day. If you ever do it, you better be starting a trepanation topic in channel zero.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

It is by no means a common practice, this guy is the only person I know of who has done it like this. I haven't researched it enough to pursue it at this point, but trepanation is very interesting. If you read the entire article, the guy goes on to say that he was disappointedin the end. Even still, it is an interesting idea, and something I would like to look into.

Other than that, the only major modification I would like to do would be to split my hands down the middle. Not too far down, maybe just past my knuckles. I would have to so some serious research before commiting to the process, and I would have to work a few things out in my life, as I couldn't do my current job (or much else) for a while.

Archived