Handstyles

MUSTard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: tHESE were posted in the sticker thread...but none the less .. theres some handy's

those scripts burn....making this thread a big better...once i get all my shyt together ill post sum scripts from my home town

Originally posted by GAWS

I dont mean you have to 1 stroke it. Im saying you can do the exact same tag as a 1 stroke. Like you did but you changed the "G" to lowercase. That "G" is more of a cursive "G". Just do your same G as before.

Hmm, when i write the same G as before it looks like an "e" for me because of the connect to the "A"...

No, I dont mean no arrows or underlines at all. I mean, one or the other. Dont do an underline arrow. Know what I mean? Just do a single line and fit it perfect. This will aslo keep your lettering strait. Look at the truck me and Camo did. My first pic. See the underline I did on my tag? It fits perfect and all my letters lay on it.

Ah! Ok. Where can i see the pic you mean?

Originally posted by wago

Hmm, when i write the same G as before it looks like an "e" for me because of the connect to the "A"...

Ah! Ok. Where can i see the pic you mean?

You can see it on the page before this one ( truck with orange "CA" and "GA" throwies). Just look at the underlines on my tag. Thats what I mean. Look at Hekz underline too. It fits.

You can see it on the page before this one ( truck with orange "CA" and "GA" throwies). Just look at the underlines on my tag. Thats what I mean. Look at Hekz underline too. It fits.

Ah yes, now i know what you mean! =)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd03b3127ccebaba4dfd20fc0000001610'>

the "G" is a little bit differrent as the first one and i think the underline is now what it should be

few points...

OK it seems that there are some kids here posting pics of not so good handstyles...I think it's all ok as long as you know you suck. Someone already asked about this and wasn't being an ass about it so I might just well give you a few tips. these are my points ONLY. I'm not saying, I'm just telling. Some things i've figured out myself and some were told to me in 1995 you can disagree all you want but if you do, just post your own comments and make it count.

how to develop your handstyle? well get 200 sheets of normal deskjet paper and a pencil. the more paper the better. then start bombing. bomb the sheets both sides, every white spot that can fit a tag you must fill with one. while at it, try to figure out what looks good. I'm not telling you to copy letters from others and bite handstyles. I'm saying you need to find out what's your favourite element in tags, what makes a tag look good in your eyes? is it curvy, edgy quick, calligraphic or what. do you want a fast one without taking the nib off the wall handwriting style or something else? I guess everyone at some point took heavy influence from another tag... it just doesnt have to be straight up biting the most obvious legend every kid knows in your neighbourhood. just fucking think about what kind of tag you want to have and practice it on paper until you're satisfied and you control it every time. it'll take time to get it correctly on the walls, it's different to make with a can and a marker...and most likely next year you'll think you sucked, but it's all part of the development in my book. my style still changes constantly and I don't consider myself a veteran at all.

Re: few points...

Originally posted by rumble

OK it seems that there are some kids here posting pics of not so good handstyles...I think it's all ok as long as you know you suck. Someone already asked about this and wasn't being an ass about it so I might just well give you a few tips. these are my points ONLY. I'm not saying, I'm just telling. Some things i've figured out myself and some were told to me in 1995 you can disagree all you want but if you do, just post your own comments and make it count.

how to develop your handstyle? well get 200 sheets of normal deskjet paper and a pencil. the more paper the better. then start bombing. bomb the sheets both sides, every white spot that can fit a tag you must fill with one. while at it, try to figure out what looks good. I'm not telling you to copy letters from others and bite handstyles. I'm saying you need to find out what's your favourite element in tags, what makes a tag look good in your eyes? is it curvy, edgy quick, calligraphic or what. do you want a fast one without taking the nib off the wall handwriting style or something else? I guess everyone at some point took heavy influence from another tag... it just doesnt have to be straight up biting the most obvious legend every kid knows in your neighbourhood. just fucking think about what kind of tag you want to have and practice it on paper until you're satisfied and you control it every time. it'll take time to get it correctly on the walls, it's different to make with a can and a marker...and most likely next year you'll think you sucked, but it's all part of the development in my book. my style still changes constantly and I don't consider myself a veteran at all.

I agree

Wago,

I noticed your new underline is about 5 times better:cool:

Just keep practicing and on your one stroke "G", try and go from your "A" and end up at the top of your "G". Know what I mean? So it dont look like an "E". Other than that, your getting it.

@GAWS: hm, atm i have no idea how to connect the "A" and "G" in one stroke without this "G" that looks like "E" :) maybe you can post an example how you mean it?

@KOOTER: it would be nice, if you feel like so and have some time for it :)

@why write: sorry for this (maybe dumb) question, but what does it mean "i feel the style" (or something) i already read this

in some other threads but i don't get the real meaning of it :/

Originally posted by wago

[b@why write: sorry for this (maybe dumb) question, but what does it mean "i feel the style" (or something) i already read this

in some other threads but i don't get the real meaning of it :/ [/b]

it means he likes it dude...

Wago, where are you from? Im surprised you didnt know that term. Sorry, I cant post an example cause Im out of batteries at the moment and my damn camera takes AA batteries instead of a rechargable battery pack. Just go slower and bring the line from your A all the way up so you start your G at the top like normal. Try starting your G from the bottom. That may help too.

:dazed:

i'm from germany and my english is very bad :) but thanks for the explanation!

i had the line, that youre talking about from "G" to "A" already, but it was not so good, i think i try it some more times maybe then it'll look nice :)

Originally posted by Dr.Goe

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd00b3127ccebabf51d0294e0000001610'>

Slomoh

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd00b3127ccebabf0ec569ec0000001610'>

Swervrockhttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd00b3127ccebabff7baa8470000001610'>

Must..me 4 months ago

only the must flick is mine..everything else are Symr nd Ayn 2 401 flicks..thanks guys

all of these are whack, my personal opinon.. :rolleyes:

Re: few points...

Originally posted by rumble

here is some of my tags... no meanings really:

kts:

http://www.feelthefunk.org/ocg/Host/t-kts.jpg'>

lost:

http://www.feelthefunk.org/ocg/Host/t-lost.jpg'>

johnny lode:

http://www.feelthefunk.org/ocg/Host/jl.jpg'>

12oz:

http://www.feelthefunk.org/ocg/Host/12oz.jpg'>

alone:

http://www.feelthefunk.org/ocg/Host/t-alone.jpg'>

nothing special really, just a typical style i guess, but some of you in this thread really need to work on what your tags look like. download a bunch of fonts (not fake graff ones) and study the letter structure.