X-Mas gift ideas....ask about them here

$360

ok i know thanksgiving isnt over yet but im on the fucking ball about this shit, you should be to. this is the place to ask about things that youre thinking about getting for holidays but might not know much about. maybe someone will be able to help you out.

so heres my question:

Playstation 2 "Eye Toy"

any good?anyone have it yet?im thinking about getting it for my brother but theres a good chance that it might suck. MOOGLE? maybe you know?

id post photos of it but it dosnt come up in a google search.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok ok I need help..Right basically i`m off to New York in Jan yeah and well, I was there in Sept and went to see all my colleagues cos it was like the annual golf day so anyway I got on really well with one of the girls, and we like talk everyday since and get on well really well..Prob is I have a girlfriend and I think she has a boyfreind but we both don`t mention them like ever, so getting to the point what should I get her for a late xmas pressie, oh yeah and it`s like her 21st in Feb so like waht should I do?

Oh yeah nothing to do with this but I knocked over one of the firms clients in one of the golf buggy things, I mean clean over,,(and I still have a job) yepeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by E MARTYR

for my upcoming birthday... i have up to about $150 bucks to play with for a present from my grandparents...

i cant put it towards paint, cuz they wouldnt do it...

so i was thinking about getting a bigger harddrive for my computer to keep it fast and whatnot... my other one is almost full... (by the way do any of you know an easy way to find out what brand your hard drive is besides hitting something at the start up before windows loads?)

but yea, if i dont get the hard drive, any other ideas for shit i should get?

i was going to ask for a mini fridge for my room so i could hold cokes/beer/alchol whatever... this was my other idea...

trying to get something thats about $150 worth, get all i can ya know :lol:

any ideas?

Yeah I did the fridge thing, but every time I filled it up with beer it would generally go that day, that was the only prob!

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

:idea:

Gift certificate from The Body SHop

thats what I would prefer from a crush/friend, anyway.:o

my cousin works for the corporate offices!!!

which gives me an idea...what is your best scent and i'll send you something in that scent with yuor card...if you want of course.

he always has trouble buying me stuff. but he slipped a couple of times and he's buying a new digi cam....the expensive kind. ;) oh la-la. i know he's mentioned something about lacoste....

i know i will get him some gun accessories because i know he likes those things. he's mentioned ben sherman. but the first lacoste store opened here in sf so i'm gonna get him a lacoste jacket.

I'm also one of them digi cam wanters..it'd probably be one of my only presents, but it'd be cool with me..It's a good investment..

I checked out that site and the buyers guide..and everything else..I'm not sure what half that shit meant..

But, Like Tease, I want to hear some sort of testimony from those who have digi cams they like..or don't like..

Originally posted by AGENT SICKS

what do yall usually get yer girl?

you can always get them some underwear and stuff...cuzs then its like buying a gift for yourself and the dont even no it..heh

my girl is all into graff so proly something framed or old cans of paint...uhhh yeh

necklce and shitz r always good too

help me...i guess i am in a hole:confused:

Originally posted by Wink ONE

But, Like Tease, I want to hear some sort of testimony from those who have digi cams they like..or don't like..

I have a Sony CDMavica MVC-CD300. It's a 3.3 megapixel camera and records mpegs as well as pictures. It stores the pictures on rewritable mini cds that you can put in your computer's cd drive. It has aperature priority, shutterspeed priority, and can be set for manual. I'm not sure how much it costs, but I dig it. It takes great pictures but is kind of lunky and large.

underware is nice...take a look at this thread if you are buying for your woman.

Unmentionables Thread

www.figleaf.com is for good unmentionables buy.

i like candles and scents and shit....illuminations is a good store if you arent too committed or just wanting to commit.

www.missvan.com has cute shirts and fun stuff for the arty girl.

personalized necklaces or belts for your girl if she's down like that.

i always liked the sanrio store with cute stationary and what not.

Well, there we have it..thanks dowmagik

I assume that megapixels have a lot to do with the picture quality..but is 1 or 2 megapixels really going to effect it by a lot?

Edit*: I'm only really getting this camera for taking pictures of graffiti..and a little on vacations, so I don't necessarily need uber good quality..but good enough to distinguish things clearly..

Digital cameras are a must , especially in our favourite passtime ...

Now they are all pretty good , just make sure you get a good brand name , kodak , sony , fugi etc..

also try to get at or above 3.0 megapixels , and video mode if possible ...

but digicams are the way to go for sure

oh man, i dont have a girl to get gifts for this year. kind of sucks. when i had a girlfriend though, i used to get her CD's i knew she wanted. that always seemed to work out pretty well, not the most well though out but thoughfull none the less.

so question for the girls(Dlush at least), is it a bad idea to get gift cetificates to clothes places?because i know for a fact that IF i had a girl, and i attempted to get her something she would accually wear, i probably wouldnt go so well. or is it tacky to get gift certificates?

let me know, for future reference.

and i ask again, anyone have the Playstation 2 Eye Toy? wheres MOOGLE? when you need him?

Gift certificates are good for crushes, friends, or not so serious relationships. In a long term relationship I think gc's shouldn't be used. I mean, obviously it depends on the girl, but i personally wouldn't want one from my boyfriend.

If your mind draws a blank on what to get her, an easy solution is giving eachother long lists of stuff you'd like. So you pick a couple of small things or give her the most expensive (or whatever fits your budget)...either way, its still a surprise since you made a long list full of stuff and your both getting something you want.

Hey heres a good questions for you girls...Im looking at getting my girl a new bag/purse....it needs to be something kinda medium big size you know enough to carry books etc...but still cool enough to take out and about....you know any cool companies besides the standards like GAP etc...that make some nice bags? designers? etc...?

Originally posted by yoink

Hey heres a good questions for you girls...Im looking at getting my girl a new bag/purse....it needs to be something kinda medium big size you know enough to carry books etc...but still cool enough to take out and about....you know any cool companies besides the standards like GAP etc...that make some nice bags? designers? etc...?

Louis Vuitton ?

Originally posted by yoink

i like going to lil shops for big bags for school and shit. designer bags shouldnt carry books.