Prince of Persia (xbox, gcube, ps2)

iloveboxcars

This game is so fucking amazing. I was very reluctant to even test this game even though everyone was praising it.. i'm not quite sure why that is.. but anyway, i'm only 12% into the game and I already love the hell out of it. Anything can happen from here on out in this game, and I will still consider it one of the best games ever made due to the begining. Go and rent it and I promise you that you will want to own this magnificent creation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ARCEL

nerds: can you reccomend a good shooter for ps2 to this syphon filter fan ?

Hmm... Splinter Cell came out for PS2 right? You'd get into that one

pretty good. Also, check out Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty. Both

of those games (especially MGS) rock the house in that genre.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

^^^

It's a first person WWII shooter, where you play as American, British, and Russian soldiers. I am by no means a video game conneseur, but I've been playing this thing nonstop for the past three days...

If you haven't played it yet I strongly suggest buying/pirating it....

That actually sounds alright... I'll try to find a copy somewhere. Thanks

for the tip!

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Speaking of games, has anyone played Call of Duty yet?? I would like to go on record as saying that this is officially the greatest game of all time.....

Ive played the demo it was solid but there was nothing amazing about it

The commercial for Persia is one of the best video game

spots I've seen in a long time. Plus the demo I played is

just madness. I'm thinking game of the year.

as for a shooter.... I watched my buddy play kill.switch yeasterday

and it too looks really damn good. If you like sneaking around and shooting.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Kilo7-

The commercial for Persia is one of the best video game

spots I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty awesome... didn't catch what exactly the relation is between DJing and the game, but they had some version of the Aegis Hyposurface going off on the background, which always crushes.

The game itself looks insane. I'm trying to convince my little brother to get it.

mams,

the connection is that in Prince you can 'rewind' time.

Say you lump off a ledge into a spiked pit, you can hold

R2 (or something) and time will move backwards untill

you are safe before your mistake. These rewinds are limited.

see the dj connection now?

Yeah, figured you would.

I figured the whole time reverse/stretch thing was probably it, but I don't remember the DJ doing any backspinning or pitch bending... did he?

One thing I've found funny is that the game hasn't been called out on biting Blinx and the Matrix game. Is it inherently different from the time effects of these two?

In Matrix (and Blinx maybe?) all you could do is slow down time for a

limited amount of time. In this one you can see the future, rewind your

retardedness into extinction, and then slow it down... the difference there

being that there are no bullets in this one. It just helps you in fights.

Yes, I really wanna play this game. Maybe after, they’ll come out with a remake of Out of This World, or whatever it was called.

KillSwitch I played for a little bit. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s damn good or anything; it’s just alright, to me.

I am highly anticipating the first time I play Call Of Duty, as well as the new Medal of Honor on ps2.

You wanna play an incredible shooter game? Go with Rainbow 6 3 on Xbox. It is absolutely magnificent.

what I gathered from the commercial was you can just rewind the game like a VCR...thats what the whole jumping off a ledge thing made me assume, whoops nowhere to land, --bling--rewind, back on the ledge.

I didnt think it would get any attention maybe ill have to rent it.

Nah dude, Blinx has all sorts of shit... retry, fast forward, rewind, slowmo, pause, and record (a copy of yourself repeats what you did while you go do something else). Pretty nifty stuff. Then again, it's a dumb cat with a vacuum cleaner and not an ill persian dude with a sabre.

The story line so far is you are part of your dad's army and his army is taking over a castle (i'm not going to remember any names here). You go in to find some treasure.. you find the "sand dagger" which, when filled with sand can rewind and slow down time. You go back to meet your dad and your dads um.. whatever jafar was in aladdin.. thats what this guy is.. is acting all weird and wants the dagger, your dad says no, let you keep it as a souvenir. then you go and you are talking to another king or sultan and there is this huge thing filled with sand. you stick the dagger into this perfectly fit hole and then crazy shit happens. now you have to kill sand creatures and jump around all crazy because there apparently are no such things as stairs in this castle.

Also the story is basically being told by the Prince, so there are cut scenes where he explains alittle bit more into the story.. and also when you die he says "no no no, that's not what happened"

It's really fantastic.

Archived