Uncle Miltons Advice Extravaganza

Milton

Everyone comes on here and starts threads to get advice from the 12oz community, so I, as a big fan of efficiency, thought hey, why not make one thread where everybody comes on and asks for advice on dating, finance, legal advice, fasion advice, gambling tips, whatever, anything that you need anonymous advice for, this is the place. Some people will post advice and some will answer the questions.

In order to build rapport with the group I have 2 questions the first is of a legal/accounting nature, and the second is a longer question about dating:

1. I am trying to start a nonprofit organization to paint murals in my area. This happend because I called a guy with this old building they are redoing, and asked if he'd like a mural on one of the walls wall his building is still being remodeled. In the conversation I sort of told him that I was with a non-profit group, so I thought, Hey, why not start a non profit and get A) Free walls B) Donated Paint and C) Something that looks really good on law school applications. So the question is, how do I get tax exempt status and tax deductable donations as a nonprofit.

2. I have been seeing my girlfriend off and on for about a year and a half, we broke up in the summer because she moved to college about 5 hours drive away, but we got back together. And for about the last month things have been going downhill, shes partying a lot, I can never get ahold of her &c. (etc.) So we have this big argument and I'm like "if shit doesn't start to change I'm out of here, if you keep acting like a single woman you will be." So she cries and apologizes and stuff was better until this weekend.

A few weeks ago was her birthday, so I skipped classes for like 3 days and risked life and limb to drive my hoopty across a mountain in the middle of the night to surprise her. So this weekend she is coming back to stay for like 10 days, so we're talking and she's like "I don't know if I can hang out with you this weekend because my friend is staying at my house." So I was like thats pretty foul shit, but I figured she would come back and like we would work things out. So she comes back and I'm cleaning my house cause she is supposed to stay here after her friend leaves, so I miss her call. And shes like "Hi, it's me, I just got home give me a call back when you can." This was 8 o clock. So of course I call back and she's not home, so I leave a message. I call back an hour later and shes still not home. So now I'm like whatever, she'll call me when she gets home. So I go out, and get no calls from her, I come back at 3 in the morning and check my caller ID, still no calls from her. And that is like the major thing we argued about before is her not calling when she goes out, cause I can never get ahold of her in her dorm room, so I'm like at least call when you come back in, or before you go to sleep or something. And then the other night, I'm waiting up cause she's out or something and she calls at 4 in the morning crying like "I thought you were gonna be mad at me, I'm sorry, i fell asleep, blah blah blah."

So it's weird that she didn't call, and here's my thinking. A) If you were a girl and you "loved" your boyfriend, wouldn't he be the first person you came to see when you got home, instead of a friend you see every day at school. B) Isn't it foul for somebody to come home for the one weekend a month that you get to see eachother and stay out all night without them. C) Maybe I should be okay with it because she told me ahead of time she had to show her friend around because he friend is from Russia and has never seen an American club, mall, etc. D) I think she went to hang out with these people that used to be my friends, who are assholes and I hate.

So my question is, would I be an asshole for dumping the broad? Am I over-reacting. Or is the whole thing her fault anyway.

Cheers, and post your comments/questions, thats what the thread is here for!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know anything about non-profit activities....I am out to make money, not charity.

As for your chick....don't read too much into it but keep an eye peeled for sure. No girl likes a bf that keeps tabs on her 24/7, screening calls, following her, etc....that shit is just psycho. But it never hurts to follow up on things now and again. I did that once and found out some guy was trying to steal my gf from me so i went to his house and told him off.

Communicate dude. You gotta sit down and lay all your chips on out the table for her. If she understands and compkies with you...then it;s all good. If she can't handle the truth, then you know she wasn't worth it.

But what do i know? I went on a massive alcohol binge last night and i can't think straight right now.

becoming a non profit involves a lot more than it sounds. you have to get a tax/business license deal and shit.

if you want to paint murals all you need is permission from the property owner in writing if possible and make sure its not going to violate any city zoning codes or laws. if you got the hustle skill then convince the land lord your benefitting him and get him to throw in the paint. or just get mistints tinted to your desired shade.

or if you really want to pursue the non profit route then see if you can start a mural dept of an existing one.

i prefer to make my murals a for profit experience if possible.

im bored.

the last mural i painted was with two partners. all spraypaint 45 feet long 15 high. the first 8 feet was wildstyle peices and a 8 foot chola hoochie with perky nipples with the very detailed skyline of san francisco at night followed by a really nice 6 color sunset fade with the name of the bar in block busters letters ontop of that and a billboard with a beer logo painted on it. we used about a hundred cans and charged six hundred dollars plus beer and blaze. took 4 days to finish.

unfortunatley, we took it for granted so i only took a few flicks and that digi got stolen and then the bar closed down and it got buffed.

i had a similar idea to renovate the back of this ugly strip mall tha faces a creek. the idea was to get thecity to buy a shitload of montanna and paint what would be the natural landscape with a team of five aerosol technicians. the wall was aproximatley 20 feet high and a 100 long and i was figuring city pays paint costs and 5gs but the park the and visual blight removed with the mural should more than compensate in increased property values. i also painted some murals at a elementry school the grimiest ghetto i have ever worked in, talking bout the grocery store across from it having all the other stores burned out and a tresspassers will be shot signs and shit..anyway, it was a 20 by thirty and we also taught an daycare/artclass for kids and i worked for two weeks everyday for two hundred bucks. thats a nonprofit for you. money is usually very tight which is why im for profit.

Archived