New Montana spray paint yay or nay

JaZe

I recently had just purchsed a 500ml can of montana spray paint at the shops here in toronto. Ok now iv known montana for awhile now and they have nicest thickest paint. I paid 9 dollars + tax for a black can and was hopping the money that was spent into this can would be worth it. WRONG the new montana paint is just so watered down its basically krylon. It might be that they watered it down because its a 500ml can unlike the 400 ml cans i that are nice and thick. So just stick with the orignal cans.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that german montana is pure garbage... and the gold cans are like stuffing shit stained underwear inside a sweet smelling heart - shaped candy box... looks good on the outside, but its really what INSIDE that counts... lots of fancy packaging, but the quality/consistency of the paint is horrid... I mean a real disgrace.... OG spanish montana... my first, my last, my everything....

Originally posted by Nekro

I like that gold shit, its better than the Aerosol Art Colors crap. I don't know about the spanish shit though, I've never used it. It's all better than rusto and krylon.

He paid $9 canadian, which is like $6 American.

gold is just an improved version of aerosol art colours, same company. same shit.

When Graphotism (i know i was an idiot to go there!) changed the cans over i didn't twig they were different paint until i used the crap. THE STUFF YOU WANT HAS A MONTANA LOGO LAYED OVER A WHITE GRID AND HAS THE WORD HARDCORE WRITTEN VERTICALLY UP THE SIDE OF THE CAN . ON R

THE BACK IT HAS A SPANISH ADDRESS WITH BARCELONA IN THE MIDDLE ISH.

It makes me laugh how Graphotism still insist it a better quality paint.

Fuck graphotism/the nt corporation

Can anyone post a link to a flic of either just so people don't make the mistake of paying way over the odds for something worse than Rusto.

I get my monty at £1.90 a tin who could say no?

:D

Originally posted by JaZe

I recently had just purchsed a 500ml can of montana spray paint at the shops here in toronto. Ok now iv known montana for awhile now and they have nicest thickest paint. I paid 9 dollars + tax for a black can and was hopping the money that was spent into this can would be worth it. WRONG the new montana paint is just so watered down its basically krylon. It might be that they watered it down because its a 500ml can unlike the 400 ml cans i that are nice and thick. So just stick with the orignal cans.

I think I know what the problem is.

Spanish montana only makes 500ml cans for Nitro (Bitumen), which is not paint its tar. Alot of people realy hate the stuff the first time they use it. After a few times you'll realize its purpose, boming and you'll love it, it rules for hit and run walls. It covers wet silver and wet cement.

Both German and Spanish Montana make it, works fine from both. Real bombers love the stuff.

I just got 8 cans of German Montana today. I know, I know... but I normally use Krylon so I had no idea there even was two Montanas... let alone one that was superior...

Now I have in my possesion:

1 can Lemon Yellow

1 can Blue Velvet

1 can BATES Powder Pink

1 can ATOM Napalm Orange

2 cans Light Blue (pocket can)

2 cans Pistachio Green (pocket can)

Not that there's much I can do with the amount I ordered but I wanna see how this shit works...

I can already tell it's gonna take a minute to adjust to German caps.. but I'm already liking the feel more.

Yo Europe...

What's the word on the new Montana Gold? I can get it for less than Belton, but what's the deal on the cap system? The place selling it only sells caps in packs of 100 for ridiculous prices.... but if it takes other caps it could be good. Cheers

Re: Re: New Montana spray paint yay or nay

Originally posted by Rolln

I think I know what the problem is.

Spanish montana only makes 500ml cans for Nitro (Bitumen), which is not paint its tar. Alot of people realy hate the stuff the first time they use it. After a few times you'll realize its purpose, boming and you'll love it, it rules for hit and run walls. It covers wet silver and wet cement.

Both German and Spanish Montana make it, works fine from both. Real bombers love the stuff.

montana nitro is the shit version of molotow covers all. So named because it covers all :king: :king: :king:

when it comes to bombing with the bitumen black, forget molotow or montana... get it way cheap by going directly to an automoblie supply store near you, and buy it there... its been around for decades... its original purpose is not graffiti, but to spray on the under-carriage of your car to prevent rust... it is a rubberized -tar that you can spray, and countless different brands exist... go explore...

Originally posted by rubbish heap

did u buy them online?

Yeah, you've gotta go to www.mtncolors.com and click on the link for the order form, hit the PRNT SCRN key, then open paintbrush and paste it. Edit the image so it's only the orderform... then I typed the numbers for what I wanted in red, deleted some of the stuff I wasn't ordering to make room, added my credit and shipping information on the form, saved it and sent it to info@mtncolors.com. I got an e-mail today saying they were processing it after turkey day. Blam.