male birth control

ubejinxed

For the first time, a safe, effective and reversible hormonal male contraceptive appears to be within reach. Several formulations are expected to become commercially available within the near future. Men may soon have the options of a daily pill to be taken orally, a patch or gel to be applied to the skin, an injection given every three months or an implant placed under the skin

Coviello and her colleagues have found that a male contraceptive that releases testosterone over three months is potentially a safe and practical method of contraception. The Seattle researchers have been testing a sustained-released, testosterone micro-capsule, which consists of a thick liquid administered by injection under the skin.

“I never had any real noticeable side effects. I didn’t notice any mood changes. I may have put on a little weight,” says Larry Setlow, a 39-year-old computer programmer with a small software company in Seattle. He has taken part in three male hormonal contraceptive clinical trials at the University of Washington and has received both pills and injections.

“They all worked really well and I was able to look at my lab results and see my sperm count drop to zero,” says Setlow.

would you take it? why or why not?

i think this is a great idea

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'd rock it, but I'd have to learn more about it. If it drops your sperm count to zero, will the loads loose their thickness? This may sound like a dumb issue, but I believe a big deal of the physical pleasure of male orgasm involves the richness of the jizz. If it's all watered down and mostly just semen it definitely feels subpar.

Pills or not, any casual hookup with a girl means jimmy hat for Mamerro. If it's a long term relationship, I'll probably have us both do it, to further eliminate the possibility of fuck up.

I've been on it as soon as I started doing the "deed." That equals about 5 yrs, minus a few mos.

It doesn't really make me wacky, but the first kind I was on made me gain insane amounts of weight. I mean, I went from 105lb to 130lb. When I broke up with my long-term boyfriend, I went off of it and went back down to my normal weight.

Now I'm on one thats not supposed to make you gain weight, but i gained a little...maybe from 105 to 115 or 120.

Either way, the biggest prob with weight fluctuation is buying new clothes!!!

for some odd reason, i just cant trust pills for birth control. logically, i know it SHOULD work but i just still dont trust it. my girl is on bc and i still wear a condom everytime, even though she would rather i didnt.....i just feel "safer" with the condom. i guess its because i can see it and know its working and all that. even though condoms are only 70% effective or something(?). but either way......its not the girls responsibility, but the more "walls" in place of having a kid the better. i aint gonna be no daddy for a longggggggggg time.

would i try it? perhaps. if theres no side effects and whatever, probably. ill most likely still use a condom though. as idiotic as that sounds...

Originally posted by SteveAustin

No girl in her right mind would trust a guy that said "its ok baby...I can cum inside you...I'm on the pill."

No shit. I would only trust someone I've been with for a long time. And whoever up there ^^ didn't trust pills w/o condoms....I'm telling you, if your girl takes them on time, everyday, you'll have no prob wihout em.

id use it. why not? like any of you guys havent banged some dirtball who said "oh im on the pill". girls are just as scandalous as guys. i mean if your banging her on day one, shes probably not the most honest girl to begin with. i think id use it. but i mean, the pull out method is 100% effective.

Archived