Apology to Americans (for Kilo)

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if theres one thing all of us can agree on, americans and canadians alike, its that newfies are easy to make fun of. :P

http://www.nothingbutfreights.com/12oz/mtn/eastpart.jpg'>

http://www.nothingbutfreights.com/12oz/mtn/middlepart.jpg'>

http://www.nothingbutfreights.com/12oz/mtn/sunset.jpg'>

you cant really see the more snow covered peaks. most are obscured from the clouds. shame.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

I'd move there in a second if I could get a good job there and take all my friends and family with me. The parts I have been to have all been awesome, and aren't really any colder than where I'm from. They just seem to be because of the crazy metric conversion of the weather. Trust Kilo on this though, the women are WAYYYYYYY hotter.

Nova Scotia was awesome, like a huge Cape Cod, only much more relaxed. The parts of New Brunswick i saw too. Montreal is just unfuckwithable! Toronto might be next.

Guest amorphic

Re: Re: Apology to Americans (for Kilo)

Originally posted by Jackson

American Budweiser is the worst.

Haha oh man I know....but MOLSON on the otherhand..holy christ best beer ever...:rolleyes:

Last time I went to Canada (Hamilton) it seemed incredibly peaceful. Almost too peaceful. No one give tough-guy stares... and people don't drink 40's and smoke blunts (at least no one I met). The dub, however, was very nice. So are the strip clubs.

Widsor doesn't count as Canada, though... or else I'd touch on my experiances there.

Re: Dr Dazzle

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Hehe, bit different from Shef then, lol..

Hey how did you move there, how is it getting citizenship if ya a limey fuck? Cos T.T Boy i`m moving in with ya!..But I can`t be havin no French fucks close by!

Hehe....just ever so slightly different from Sheffield :D

I moved here becasue my dad got a job here. I think you would have an advantage being a British citizen, what with Canada being part of the commonwealth, Queen and monarchy and toodle pip and whatnot. It takes 4 years of living here to become a citizen, you'd probably have to do your own research about employment and social insurance and all that glorious crap. But I mean, Canada is absolutley full of Britsh ex-pats, so it can't be that hard.

On a side note, a friend of mine is from Russia, and took the citizenship tests, and he swears that there were a bunch of questions on hockey! That's how they determine whether you are fit to live here? On your knowledge of hockey?! What a great country......

after doing some research on canada's 4 major cities :D,

i've made the following line up of potential residences:

1)Montreal-nice and big, has some resources i seek, it's in Quebec, so it's somewhat exotic to me. negative (to me) is the chick ratio... i know this sounds hella gay, and perhaps i'm completely wrong, but it seems like it'd spawn some wicked competition amongst em, and i dunno if i could handle that

2)vancouver- the size of city i'm used to, the resources i seek aren't that great, but not that bad either. can always make a lil visit to seattle. weather seems kind of nice (though not a big fan of rain). and i've never been to the west coast.

3)edmonton- a tad small for my likes, but it does have some stuff i'm looking for and i have an ex dun there.

not feasible

TO- just doesn't have what i'm looking for.

halifax- i'm not sure if this is a city, or what, but it's too far

ontario-know some cats there, but it doesn't have what i'm looking for either

info i'd appreciate from canucks... how do these cities handle graff? how's the scene in general? i'll prolly be focused mainly on bombing, so freights aren't that big of a factor (though day spots would be kinda fresh) do i need to know french? will i get laughed and pointed at since i don't watch hockey? is it true what they say about canuckian girls? do they have canucky fried beaver?

gracious

^ the scoop.

You DO NOT need to know French in Canada unless you're in Quebec.

Even there I suppose you can get by without it, but not advised.

Too bad montreal is probably the most bombed spot in the country.

I'd reccomend BC (Vancover) for you Vanity.

The weather is decent, it never really gets that cold.

There's all types of freight going in and out and it's not far

from Seattle or Portland if you need to get a touch of the US.

Edmonton is not an option. Calgary is nice enough, but there's

not much work unless you're in the oil company.

Halifax and the east coast is some of the most beautiful country anywhere.

Plus the people are super nice, but it's a small town kind of thing.

And what doesn't Toronto have that you're looking for?

I've been tinkering with the idea of moving to canada for some time now.

I think the whole crew I used to piece with up and bounced to canada.

Major problems right now holding me back are the military, money, ... what the hell am I going to do? Just move there? I don't have a job but I'll look into it. I should get more employable skills under my belt anyway.

What about my guns? I can't bring my guns? What if one of those peaceloving canadian hippies attacks me?

I got about two years left in the military though.... I'll see what happens.

Originally posted by Vanity

3)edmonton- a tad small for my likes, but it does have some stuff i'm looking for and i have an ex dun there.

Edmonton? Are you serious? Even Calgary is bigger and better than that stinkhole....

I would not advice Calgary if you do not like snow. Or cold. Stereotypical Canadian winter oner....

whatever anyone says about edmonton, dont believe it, that city is a party city. its a fucking riot. that place rocks for partying so bad its not funny. it actually had north americas first light rail system. the people are super nice. and theres like no police. but its cold as fuck in the winter. cold as hell. and its kind of isolated, but calgary is close.

calgary, you like it or you hate it. if your posting on here, youll probably hate it. unless of course you like tribal armbands, cowboy hats, inbreeding, and shitty night clubs. but some people love the place. its a small city, growing up fast, thinking its a big city, everyones an asshole with something to prove there. its a downtown with a giant suburb outside it. it has a retarded good economy and a ton of jobs. alberta, supports alot of canada. its like the "perfect" place to live.

vancouver, awesome city. definatley slept on by the east coast. and everywhere. its in its own little world. beaches, mountains, good weather, laid back people (writers aside), vancouver is a dope place to live. and they have crazy amounts of heroin.

toronto was fun when i visited. aside from hamilton and me alomst getting beat up by some bikers at a strip club. toronto would be a fun place to live.

the east coast seems really fun, i wish i had some cash to go visit it. nova scotia sounds like a giant party.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

Halifax was really nice. Not that big but it wasnt small either. The folks there are awesome as well, and there might have been a little freight action going on. It was pretty bombed by a certain crew as well. The rest of Nova Scotia was beautiful, i got to see it on my 13 hour drive home. Stopped in to see a friend on the west coast of NS on the way home, one of those Canadian hippy chicks your're all so scared of, and got to see the small town atmosphere as well. NS seems like a better place to spend summers, being from a decent sized city i don't think i'd want to live there. Vanity, Montreal is only 4.5 hours from Boston, and about 7 from NYC, i think only 6 hours from Toronto too. Decent location, its prolly where i would move if i was to head north.

calgary isn't an option (for me)

my only options are vancouver, montreal, and edmonton

kilo, i don't really wish to say my needs because a) i dont like that much info out me out there and B) i'd feel as though i were braggin. but yeah, TO isn't doable for me even though i think i'd dig it, seems like the grimiest of the canuck cities.

and as far as fun and such.. i'm not really into clubs or partying, i'm a pretty laid back cat, but i'd sooner drink a couple forties and walk around catching tags or something.

and i'm not that intimidated by the winters, i'm in the northern part of the states, so we get out shares too.

other factors that would influence my decision are the transportation system, since i prolly won't have a car, and you can only bike up there 2 months out of the year ;)

but anywho, i'd liek a lil bit more info on how bad the cops are in these cities... one of my main motivations for heading up there are all my priors :o

oh, and i'm not too concerned w/ work.. i live a very humble life.

btw, how is boosting shit in these cities anyway (in general)?

^^ hoping mods don't notice ;)

and bigmetal, i forget who you are.. i think you painted w/ my boy once on a trip out east or something, but, not having a car and all, i doubt i'll be travelling much... esp to the states... can't get busted again in the states (i know i'm so gonna break down to this).

^^^^

hahahah what a bum!

anyway... Ive been to Montreal for 2 weeks and Toronto for 2 weeks

2 weeks isnt much, but here is my input as an American from one of the 3 biggest cities.

ahem...

Toronto- easy to boost.

Montreal- easier.

Toronto- bad cops.

Montreal- worse cops.

Toronto- easy women.

Montreal- medium women.

Toronto- little graffiti.

Montreal- little graffiti.

Toronto- little beef.

Montreal- no beef.

Toronto- get a car.

Montreal- get a car.

Toronto- hockey?

Montreal-hockey!!

Toronto- bad nightlife.

Montreal- average nightlife.

Toronto- more American.

Montreal- average American. (heh)

where would I prefer to go?

Toronto, however, we are not all the same, or then everyone in the world would be in Toronto.

ok, after some further research... toronto is a remote possibility, but honestly, i don't think it can compete w/ montreal and vancouver.

and i thought montreal was supposed to be one of the more bombed cities in america... im trying to think who.. sake? and some crew... H something.. yeah.

edmonton winters are so cold. like the most cold ever. i dont think theres too many writers. vancouver is cool. its pretty close to seattle, portland, and theres loads of cheap ways to see the coast. montreal is close to kind of everything as well on the east coast.

Archived