First Record Bought / First Concert?

Ethreadzny2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st record that was MINE: Run-DMC. Me and all the other kids in my first grade class were always trying to break, so my parents brought it home one day from Sam's.

1st record that I BOUGHT: (hopes nobody is listening) Pump up the jam - Technotronic

1st Concert I went to because I wanted to: MC Hammer, at saskatchewan place during the first tour.

my parents were hippies so i always got dragged to see those concerts...grateful dead/santana/jon fogerty...shit like that.

the first one on my own was tilt,afi (before there first album was out) and apartment 213 at gilman street.it was like april 1995 and wasn't crowded at all.that show seriously changed my life.

my first record was nirvana "bleach" and primus "suck on this".i got them at the same time.

my frist album was a gift from my cousin, it was The Offspring - Smash

I was kind of a late bloomer when it came to live shows, when I was 13 I went to see Phish with my friend and his mom, returned with just enough braincells not to qualify for the special olympics or some shit...

best show though, probably the Hip Hop Peace & Unity festival in Beantown this summer, I know some of you heads went to that... hours upon hours of free hip hop, can't beat that!

Originally posted by LENS

It was great seeing the legend himself up there on stage. i'll never forget that show. the ticket stub is locked away safely. that's also the same show where i fell in love with L7 (their music that is...they're pretty funky actually.)

I meant the suicidal tendencies show, but the Nirvana show must of been amazing also. one show I wish I saw was Jane's addiction in their prime.

they aint that reasonable.....with marilyn manson????

Jane's Addiction

Jane's Addiction

Marilyn Manson/The Used

The Lolla Girls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madison Square Garden New York, NY

December 31, 2003 - 9:00PM Eastern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On sale November 22, 2003 - 9:00AM

Reserved : $ 42.50

Reserved : $ 75.00

Reserved : $ 125.00

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2

I meant the suicidal tendencies show, but the Nirvana show must of been amazing also. one show I wish I saw was Jane's addiction in their prime.

I was lucky enough to see them during the first lollapalooza (sp?). was that their last tour before they broke up? still got the concert shirt with the fractals tucked away in my 'rents house.

Another show that I thank god for seeing is BAD BRAINS (w/ H.R.) in a dance/ gay club in DC. they played all the hitz.