seti heard something...

SIELOETTE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'm pretty much with Tow on this one too. Although, if you plan on finding life in a physical form, it's actually pretty impossible if it's not carbon-based, and that requires water. The other elements and their atomic structures are just not suited to interact with each other and form the complex molecules that make up life. You might find extremely interesting chemical reactions going on in other planets, but you probably won't call them life. On the other hand, I like to think that "life" elsewhere from Earth is a non-physical substance, and that the rules of carbon would simply not apply to it.

Furthermore, superstring theory remains strong, so that "3rd dimension is the shadow of a 4th dimensional world" train of thought is not too far from the truth... If superstring theory is right, then there are actually 10-11 dimensions in the universe: 3 space dimensions which are expanded and we can see, and the rest, aside from the time dimension, are curled up and exist at every point in 3-dimensional space.

Ready for the kicker? According to the aforementioned theory, there is a minimum size of space, called the Planck length. If the universe were to shrink below that size, all of it's physical features would start to "grow" as it shrinks, creating an entire universe just like this one but whose size is so small we can't even comprehend it... The Planck length is even smaller than the size of the invisible curled-up dimensions. There could be ungodly numbers of universes within the space the period at the end of this sentence occupies. Crazy shit. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by dr. frink one:

I read an article, in fact many articles at a time i was intereseted in it. There are tons of groups of people that are into making them, and groups go out with a board and rope tied to the board...(with the rope held up or around you) and they step on it to flatten the crop. They have elaborate plans and map out the field so it comes out right....

i watched a special on TLC and they showed time lapse of two guys doing a set in about six hours, big as all hell and perfect, no breaks. there is no question as to where they come from.

Archived