bear vs. shark

Guest im not witty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

note that i never actually said who would win.....although i think both sides have valid points. the bear does have speed and i would think is more intelligent than the shark, however....the shark does have massive amounts of crushing jaw death power from hell.

personally, after spending the past 9 hours thinking about it, im leaning towards the polarbear.....this would really be a fucking awesome fight though because i dont think either side would go down easy.

think of it this way.

unless the shark jumps out of the water, at the bears chest, he will have to swing down, into the water, to swat at it. a 12" paw, hitting water like that, is going to cut his force signifigantly. not to mention that he will be swinging down, basically, at a big buzz-saw of a mouth. even if the bear his the shark in the face, that sharks teeth are a hell of alot sharper than the bears claws.

the whole front end of the shark is a beg weapon, so attacking from the front is basically impossible. the bear would have to get behind it, grab it by its tail, and swing it around like bam-bam, throwing it up onto dry land, where it could reall start to get busy. in water though, even shallow water, the shark is going to be ten times as fast, and with such a low center of gravity, it could easily take out the bears legs, before it had a chance to react. after that, again, the sharks mouth is a big spinning chamber of doom, all it has to do is run into any part of the bears body, and gaping, bleeding words will be produced.

this one is pretty much a no brainer to me. the bears weapons, while formidable, are no match for the design of the shark. it simply can not get around the mouth, too the body, where it can do damage. the shark is too nimble, and too fast in its own enrivonment.

it's like in that one jean-claude van damn movie, where they wrap their hands in tape, and dip them in glass. any time the shark hits the bear, the blood will fly, no matter how lightly, but for the bear to do damage, he really has to connect real proper like, otherwise, he's just pushing him around like a baby in a cart.

seeks official pic: shark in 30 seconds.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

There you go folks, no reason to discuss further. Seeks officially endorses the shark, and he never loses an argument, so don't even try.

Originally posted by seeking

beg weapon

think about this......

the bears' range of attack (from extened paw to foot claws) is 15 feet.

Anything inside that 15 feet is in serious danger. Sure the sharks' jaw

stretches 5 feet across... and could take a huge chunk out of an prepared

bear, the bear can attack from a further distance.

And how about this little fact for you....

Sharks can only move forward!

They can't 'bob and weave' from side to side or go in reverse.

Bears can!

Do you not think that the range of movement is a Huge advantage for the bear?

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Kilo7-

think about this......

the bears' range of attack (from extened paw to foot claws) is 15 feet.

Anything inside that 15 feet is in serious danger. Sure the sharks' jaw

stretches 5 feet across... and could take a huge chunk out of an prepared

bear, the bear can attack from a further distance.

And how about this little fact for you....

Sharks can only move forward!

They can't 'bob and weave' from side to side or go in reverse.

Bears can!

Do you not think that the range of movement is a Huge advantage for the bear?

The bear CANNOT safely attack from a distance, as I have explained several times already. It will be initially facing the business end of the shark, and even if it can swipe at it while keeping his head and vitals out of reach, he has to get his paw over this little obstacle called THE GIANT GAPING MAW OF TRAGIC DISMEMBERMENT that is more commonly refered to as the shark's mouth. Loss of paw/leg = massive blood loss = a world of shit for the bear.

The bear will be able to weave and bob and go in reverse only if fully on land. How many times have you seen a bear swim in reverse? Or any mammal for that matter? Given that the skirmish would most certainly happen in shallow water, this range of movement is severely hampered and favors the shark, which can flow through the water better than the bear can hop and splash around the shallows.

There is only one possible scenario for the bear to succeed... and that is the humpgrab technique. It'd have to be an exceptionally smart bear to figure this out without being fatally injured first.

and about the side motion thing...

Say we are in the shallows where the shark can swim and the

bear can get a paw on the ground, if the shark lungest at the bear,

the bear can side step and swipe at the sharks gills. I'll give you that

the straight on attack from Jaws is unstoppable, but a little bit of finesse

from the bear and it might be all over for the 'one-trick-pony'

let's not foget that polar bears attack 600kg seals and win

but great white sharks NEVER attack anything near that size.

(they dont attack wales)

Originally posted by Kilo7-

... if the shark lungest at the bear,

the bear can side step and swipe at the sharks gills. I'll give you that

the straight on attack from Jaws is unstoppable, but a little bit of finesse

from the bear and it might be all over for the 'one-trick-pony'

were 'fatboy' and 'littleman' 'one trick ponies' because all they could do was blow up major japanese cities?

this is a bear we're talking about, not lennox lewis. it can not 'side step' anything, nor can it attack with 'finesse'.

all sharks do is swim and bite. bears do other stuff like have picnics and snuggle and eat pooridge. they're a bunch of homos.

sharks would serve them like whoa!

picnics! good one! :lol:

I guess it all comes down to this....

People have survived shark attacks.

My roomate even has a scar on her leg from when a shark

bit her off the Galapagos islands. And it was a damn big bite,

but she's alive and kicking today. Lots of surfers get shark bites

and are out surfing again rather soon.

If you are attacked by a polar bear, your odds of survival are slim to none.

Sure some people (myself included) have seen black or even grizzlie bears,

and not been hurt, but polar bears will destory anything they see that moves.

I'll give you this... Sharks might be a more powerful predator

but as far a 'killer instinct' goes... they can't touch a polar bear.

(disregard rage's pics of them acting 'cute' just to fool you)

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by seeking

bears do other stuff like have picnics and snuggle and eat pooridge. they're a bunch of homos.

oh my god. tears in my eyes.

People have survived shark attacks.

WELL, that's because the shark was just curious. If he wanted to eat them and kill them, then he would have.

Besides, you didn't say what type of shark. I think we all can agree there are smaller sharks and many many varieties. In this battle TEAM SHARK is using its most viscious weapon The Great White. No Mako sharks or Sand Sharks for this match.

20 foot great white! Are people seriously still debating on the side of a bear? You guys are killing me!

The real killer tho, is the 25' Crocodile!!!! Nothing beyond man can drop this psycho. A shark could barely (maybe but not quick enough) even penetrate the tough outer armor. This croc will drop a bear FAST. This is a doable battle also since both exist on land.

BEAR vs CROC!

Archived