bear vs. shark

Guest im not witty

Guest imported_Tesseract

Its the character of the shark that makes the difference...sharks are killers, bears arent...but anyway, i'm sure that the bear has a lethal fart in the arsenal..do fish fart?

I havent seem a bear live in the woods, but i've seen a bear-turd and it made me shit my pants(literally)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant believe this is even an arguement, the shark would win hands down, the bear would have no chance whether it attacked first or not, a shark is way more agile than a bear with no sense of pain, its all cartilage, there skin is even protected with small spikey scales, the shark would only have to bite the bear once and it would be over while the bear if he can even attack a shark would have to do it repeatidly over and over, where of coarse if this was happenening the shark would easily be able to escape and counterattack with much more speed and power

WAIT A MINUTE...

What kind of a shark are we talking about here?

Some sharks are small and not violent.

Now, the fact is a GREAT WHITE that's 20 feet long will DESTROY any bear period! Their Jaws open up to like 5 feet diameter with rows and rows of 4 inch long teeth. Come on, no contest. no contest at all. They are swift too. :eek:

Originally posted by Tesseract

Its the character of the shark that makes the difference...sharks are killers, bears arent...

dude... Pollar bears are the most fierce killers in the world (IMO)

and not every great white is a killer. Polar bears have no natural

enemy and will eat anything that looks fleshy... immediately

Originally posted by Europe

Shark wins, why is this still being argued?

beacuse I dont believe that the shark would win.

no if it was one of those sharks with lazers....

i wish i was a bear. so i could rwn that shark with my paw h4x and give it rabies... can sharks get rabies? i really dont think so since they cant even get cancer but cancer is more severe then rabies ahh stop the babbling. :eek:

Damn.. I looked at this thread earlier when it was about a band... what the fuck happened?

on to what really matters...

Have we decided where this is taking place yet?

The best scenario would have to be some sort of penninsula-shaped rock stretching out into the water measuring 10X10 submerged about 3 feet. Both animals have to be in their environment for this to be fair.

After careful consideration and council I have decided this is how the battle would be fought.

alright. lets establish a few things here.....

1) what type of bear and shark? grizzly, polar, panda? great white? tiger? hammerhead? sand?

2) we need to place this in some sort of feasible spot if this fight is going to take place. im guessing itd have to be a tidal pool or something? so it can be salt water for the shark and shallow enough for the bear to maneuver in. this also plays into how big the shark is....if its 3 feet tall or something i say we put it in 4-5 feet of water.

3) the sizes of the animals need to be taken into account....are we talking about a 15 foot great white or a 8-10 footer? it needs to balance out with the size of the bear.

4) are either sides allowed to use weapons?

i think that after taking these ideas into account we will be able to accurately create a scenario inwhich a winner is determined........

or, the shark can have legs and they can fight on land. tommy gunn style kid.

Originally posted by im not witty

this is a good band.

wow, i didnt know anyone outside of here knew of them.

i dont really know them personally, although ive met em a couple times, but one of my really good friends swears by them. supposed to be doing a tour sometime soon.

seeking/coming soon to a town near you

1) what type of bear and shark? grizzly, polar, panda? great white? tiger? hammerhead? sand?

im pretty sure the majority here are basing the shark on a great white, allthough a tiger shark would be a better bet as the tiger shark is known to be more of an aggressor than the great white, with jaws capable of cracking a torteus shell right open, and the bear im pretty sure is a polar bear, because those are the "Sea bears" or what ever

2) we need to place this in some sort of feasible spot if this fight is going to take place. im guessing itd have to be a tidal pool or something? so it can be salt water for the shark and shallow enough for the bear to maneuver in. this also plays into how big the shark is....if its 3 feet tall or something i say we put it in 4-5 feet of water.

that was never discussed...idont think anyway

3) the sizes of the animals need to be taken into account....are we talking about a 15 foot great white or a 8-10 footer? it needs to balance out with the size of the bear.

i say the average sized polar bear vs the average sized shark

4) are either sides allowed to use weapons?

what animal uses weapons?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

1) I suggested that this be a Best of the Best fight... that would be a Great White vs. a Polar Bear. Yeah, tigers are the most aggressive, but they're mostly little punks who think they're the shit and would get their asses handed over promptly by a polar. Great Whites don't fuck around like that.

2) The space scenario sucks because as soon as there's impact they'll immediately float away from each other. It has to be a space with a 1:1 water-to-land ratio, and divided as 1/3 deep water, 1/3 shallow water, and 1/3 dry land.

3) The hugest baddest motherfuckers we can get of each. A 20 ft - 6,000 lb white vs. a 15 ft - 1,700 lb polar.

4) I suggested rocket launchers and machine guns, but Kilo wasn't fond of the idea.

I'd like to further emphasize the fact that a shark on land is going to go completely survival-mode apeshit and totally ruin whatever it comes into contact with. Its hope is NOT lost if the fight is held on land.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I'd like to further emphasize the fact that a shark on land is going to go completely survival-mode apeshit and totally ruin whatever it comes into contact with. Its hope is NOT lost if the fight is held on land.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

dude, you and daze are fucking killing it.

hahaha.

my day had completely sucked until just now.

it still sucks, but it sucks and is funny to. haha.

fucking great.

seeks/what if ditka's coaching?

well, what side would ditka be coaching? I'd let the shark have ditka if the bear could have one of the Gracie ju jitsu guys.

Because the shark couldn't use stealth to sneak up on mr. bear, it would need more strategic tactics due to its lack of mobility in close range fighting, and the bear would need some ju jitsu action to be able to maneuver when sharky decided to attack.

Shark Strategy: Stick and move

Bear Strategy: Grapple and hold

1) I suggested that this be a Best of the Best fight... that would be a Great White vs. a Polar Bear. Yeah, tigers are the most aggressive, but they're mostly little punks who think they're the shit and would get their asses handed over promptly by a polar. Great Whites don't fuck around like that.

2) The space scenario sucks because as soon as there's impact they'll immediately float away from each other. It has to be a space with a 1:1 water-to-land ratio, and divided as 1/3 deep water, 1/3 shallow water, and 1/3 dry land.

3) The hugest baddest motherfuckers we can get of each. A 20 ft - 6,000 lb white vs. a 15 ft - 1,700 lb polar.

4) I suggested rocket launchers and machine guns, but Kilo wasn't fond of the idea.

alright, based on this, i think the shark has an unfair advantage. even if a polar bear is 15 feet its not taking out a 6000 pound shark.

in the name of fairness, the shark needs to have a handicap, whether it be the size of the "area" so that it cant really move as effectively as it could if it had a huge space to build up speed before going at the bear. or, the shark needs to be downsized slightly to 15 feet and something more along the lines of 3-4 thousand pounds.....i mean....that IS still a HUGE fawking shark, so its not like its unfair.

as far as weapons, rocket launchers are kind of out of the question i think. i think to keep this legitimate and honorable, it should be a knife fight with some sort of ancient arabian daggers. the shark and bear should also be tied paw to fin to keep it along the lines of the michael jackson video (bad? or beat it? whichever one has the knife fight...)

note: the sharks teeth do not count as knives....

Originally posted by boogy nights

imagine a bear swinging a hammerhead shark at eveything in sight.

fucking hilarious.

I think everyone is underestimating the absolute raw power of the bears claw strike, fuck its bite, compared to a hit from its paw the bite is nothing. Also the speed of a bear is underestimated to, they can run 35-40 mph in short distances. And to think the bears claw attack isnt fast enough to hit a charging shark is ridiculous. i mean they straight up snatch fish outta the water like nothing. Polar bear claws are 2-4 inches long, slightly curved, and good for digging. The polar bear can knock a 500 pound seal out of the water with one blow. They are incredibly strong, so one hit to anywhere on the shark and the bear's claws just dig in and it gets to manhandle the shit outta the shark.

my vote goes to the bear.

awesome topic.

another cool fight would be a tasmanian devil vs. a wolverine

A 20 ft - 6,000 lb white vs. a 15 ft - 1,700 lb polar.

the shark is almost 3 and a half times the size of the bear, and its jaws open up to a 5 feet diameter, all it needs is ONE bite. But I do think to even it out we need a smaller shark.

The tailslaps, lets not forget the tailslaps.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

...in the name of fairness, the shark needs to have a handicap, whether it be the size of the "area" so that it cant really move as effectively as it could if it had a huge space to build up speed before going at the bear. or, the shark needs to be downsized slightly to 15 feet and something more along the lines of 3-4 thousand pounds.....i mean....that IS still a HUGE fawking shark, so its not like its unfair.

thats unfair though, would it be fair for me to race against the fastest man in the world but he was wearing like 200lbs on his shoulders just because hes faster than me, that just proves that the shark has a better chance of winning, the bear needs the shark to get handicapped so it can be fair? to me that just says the shark vs the bear is no contest

--

as for the bear pimp slaps, he may be able to wack a shark but in no way it is going to be effective on a charging great white, them fucks can breach like whales to i dont even know how high, they slam into boats and sink um, imagine getting hit by that shit

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yeah, fuck the handicap! Polar bear wants to front, he has to step up to the king. Can't let him pull a Roy Jones and fight lesser opponents. If the bear is so much deadlier as his supporters claim, then it should be able to handle a 20 footer.

Archived