When a DJ fuses in Metal.

Ethreadzny2

It's time for my weekly trip to tower records. I need suggestions. something on the lines of DJ Z-trip or DJ swamp. I want some evil beats mixed in. some hip hop beats with metal riffs. No rapcore shit. creepy ass beats, like Ghost Cauldron. or when z-trip mixes metallica with some beats. any good suggestions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

on mr. len's mix thingy, he threw on an agents of man metal track.. not a fusion of any sorts though

also

public enemy did a couple tracks (sophisticated bitch, etc).. i hear chuck d actually ahs a metal band now.

oh, and can't forget ice t and body count

They are all quality suggestions, Judgement Night soundtrack has to be one of the most classic albums ever. But I am talking more on the lines of a dj mixing metal riffs over beats. something with no recorded vocal tracks over beats. kind of like when z-trip mixes midnight oil beds are burning into break beats.

Guest im not witty

shit i know yer trying to buy records, but just download any of the million live z trip sets available all over the net. theyre all quality. but you probably already know that, so i guess i just wanted people to know that i know that too.

Doc Oc ..hell yes! this is a must have (octagonacolygist)

you prolly have Gravediggaz.

that Prince Paul release along psychotherapy lines or some shit is pretty creepy..

uhhhhh...i dunno.

theres an album by godflesh .."song of love and hate in dub", that has a couple songs with rappy beats on there, but it's industrial downtempo death metal

if you want super crunchy dirty creaped out sh!t, theres some mega hot scratch jams all over dr oizo's "analog worms attack". still one of my most favourite dark/brutal hip hop albums.

dj spooky does alot of shit like what you described as well.

either that or check out my new band :idea:

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2

avils, give the plug. Whats the bands name. and Dj spooky is exactly what I am looking for, long those lines.

yeah i got a spooky lp which is tight for beats and scratching. but seriously get dr oizo 'analog worms attack' i guarantee you won't be disappointed... do it ! do it NOW !

Originally posted by Vanity

loud rocks?

didn't cypress hill do a metal album?

Dude, Cypress Hill IS a metal band in denial. C'Mon man....i went to a Cypress hill show at Slim's a few months back and there were just as many Pantera and Exploited Shirts as there were Raiders jerseys.

And who the hell actually buys CD's anymore?

they classified as house,

:eek: :mad: goddamn them sonsofbitches ! i know he's got some housey techno type ish out but that album analog worms is pure dirty hip hop beats with scr s sc sc scratchin all thru it.

get it into ya.

or anything about a group called Elysian Fields?

haha, how the fuck does elysian fields mix into all of this?

ethreadz,

dibbs is what you want, unfortunitly all his stuff is only available at the shows (or i suppose on kazaa or something).

if you cant find anything, send me an email, we can rendevous on AIM and i'll shoot em over to you.

Archived