i hate Nigerians.

toyeattoywar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: i hate migraines

My ex had migraines that were so bad Demerol was the only thing that could straighten her condition out.

As for me, I have photosensitivity and tinnitus, but no migraines....the only thing I hear that helps is to lay in a quiet, dark room. And Demerol.

i get migraines from eating dairy but lots of different things can set them off. mine are pretty bad, first of all i get this weird feeling, like im seperated from the left side of my body, then i get slivers of my vision going all watery, by now i have realised i am getting a migraine and im taking the steps to get rid of it (painkillers, aspirin, sleep) if i dont get to treat it early shit really starts getting fucked up where i cant speak properly, cant really see at all or manage to stand. and the pain is the most excruciating thing i have ever experienced. thinking about it makes me feel sick, the only way i can describe it is its as if i have an electrical storm inside my skull and someone is hitting me in the forehead with a sledge hammer.

i have the utmost sympathy for anyone who experiences migraines.

anything that gives the brain serotonin is the best possible thing for migraines, i find that if i get one, apart from any kind of medication, sex is the best cure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migraine

^ learnt alot about migraine "auras" from there.

Demoral helps everything.

i have ALWAYS had serious headaches, and when i was a kid i ate terribly, fast food, tons of meat, all that shit. these days i have a much healthier diet

i'm also lactose intolerant so i can't eat much dairy, good tip though

i really think mine have to do with stress and hormones, it's not some big mystery why i get them, it's just sometimes tough to make them go away.

usually if i have a mild one like the low-grade ones that fade into the background (Chup's easy days) then i just deal. i don't like taking tons of pills... bad for the liver.

if i have one really hurting i'll take tylenol or acetaminophen and it usually is really downgraded or goes away with some tea and quiet and darkness.

but that one the other night was really nuts, and i've been stressing lately PLUS i was about to have the ol redbird visit... it was a real migraine, and i don't get them often.

i should TOTALLY be exercising more though.

yoga helps so much and lately i haven't been doing it.. one sucky thing about too many houseguests, i dont feel good pulling the Wii out and doing yoga poses with some guy sitting on my living room sofa. gotta get back to it though, that is some right on head on advice.

Suffering the start of a migraine now, browsing the Oontz to try and forget about it. Sometimes if I just continue what I'm doing and let it pass it's a bit more bearable.

But at the moment I can barely see the screen and my vision is just blurring and flashing. Urgh, fucking migraines.

EDIT - 39 minutes later and the vision is better and I'm just left with a lingering headache. Time for water and painkillers. Of course it happens on my day off.

but have any of you tried to change your diet/sleep patterns/exercise schedules? i have and its help. cutting a large percent of dairy out of my diet helped a lot.

THIS. some of you might find you have an intolerance to dairy/wheat/whatever and migraines are the side effect

Demoral helps everything.

i have ALWAYS had serious headaches, and when i was a kid i ate terribly, fast food, tons of meat, all that shit. these days i have a much healthier diet

i'm also lactose intolerant so i can't eat much dairy, good tip though

i really think mine have to do with stress and hormones, it's not some big mystery why i get them, it's just sometimes tough to make them go away.

usually if i have a mild one like the low-grade ones that fade into the background (Chup's easy days) then i just deal. i don't like taking tons of pills... bad for the liver.

if i have one really hurting i'll take tylenol or acetaminophen and it usually is really downgraded or goes away with some tea and quiet and darkness.

but that one the other night was really nuts, and i've been stressing lately PLUS i was about to have the ol redbird visit... it was a real migraine, and i don't get them often.

i should TOTALLY be exercising more though.

yoga helps so much and lately i haven't been doing it.. one sucky thing about too many houseguests, i dont feel good pulling the Wii out and doing yoga poses with some guy sitting on my living room sofa. gotta get back to it though, that is some right on head on advice.

i found out i was lactose intolerant and at first i was pissed because i eat so much dairy but now its just a small staple of my diet to help with digestion but i don't over do it and my head aches went away pretty fast.

tea and darkness sounds about right

and i'm down for wii yoga, well specifically i'm down to be the guy in the background.

Archived