FTAA Protest Miami

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by metallix

Its so much more then that, go learn about it.

FTAA takes away American jobs and exports neo-colonialism all over the world. People in Mexico make shirts for $1 that are sold in the USA for $50.

The guy in mexico makes .10 cents an hour.

who cares?

if people want to pay $50 for a shirt, let them.

if people want to make shirts for 10 cents an hour, let them.

dont like it? start your company then you can make the calls.

What about having your job lost because someone in (insert random country here) will work your job for pennies?

What about 100 billion dollar trade deficits which devaluates the dollar?

IN neo-classical economics real wealth is the ability to produce goods. What happens when we can no longer produce the goods we consume?

The organizations that dictate the rules in foreign trade are not democratic.

The decisions created at these summits have many direct impacts on your life, as well as general society. Globalization creates uprootings in the fundamental superstructure which leads to fundamentalism as people attempt to look for security in their lives.

There are other ramifications, but im not going to spoonfeed them here. Educate your mind..

so does anyone know the deal with labor unions in latin america? should i assume that most union organizers are imprisoned/assassinated? i could look it up myself, but maybe it will help the arguement for the protests...

i have a feeling the protestors will get the same negative image as the seattle protestors, but i think any media attention will be good in this case.

Archived