Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mental invalid

for all my nizzies who love space and the cosmos....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Have you ever seen the film? soooo slick and seamless. The Eames crush shit.

What ever happened to the Superstring Theory thread? That should be up for a well-deserved bump soon.

i knew mams would be the first to respond...

mams...remember that shit....that thread was great....

read any laymen books about space that you could recommend....no not A New Science...its still breaking my book shelf...

ive never seen the movie at all...but ill look for it...

yeah i saw the eclipse....shit like that is just amazing....

roe, casting cosmic shadows...

i'm a total science geek.

the Leonids are happening this month too.

hopefully they'll be nice.

i saw it a few years ago, it was totally amazing...i saw so many shooting stars that night, i've got wishes for decades..

i have considered going back to school to secure a physics degree..

there have been some new postulations about the 'shape' of the universe (which totally confounds me that something infinite can have a shape)..and now they are thinking dodecahedrals..

pentagon shit.

crazy.

Guest imported_Tesseract

They call me Tesseract.

I'd bump my thread on this

but the images and video are redxed.

Good find roe

"the Leonids are happening this month too. '

can you explain that....

yeah i heard that about finite infinite....almost gave me an acid flashback...

(which totally confounds me that something infinite can have a shape)

TO us it's infinite, but not really. It's constantly expanding so it can't be actually "infinite".

Leonids Meteor Shower

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/10...ubleleonids.htm

October 10, 2003: The Leonid meteor shower is coming. Twice.

Bill Cooke of the Space Environments Group at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center explains: "Normally there's just one Leonid meteor shower each year, but this year we're going to have two: one on Nov. 13th and another on Nov. 19th."

Both are caused by comet Tempel-Tuttle, which swings through the inner solar system every 33 years. With each visit the comet leaves behind a trail of dusty debris--the stuff of meteor showers. Lots of the comet's old dusty trails litter the mid-November part of Earth's orbit.

"Our planet glides through the debris zone every year," says Cooke. "It's like a minefield. Sometimes we hit a dust trail, sometimes we don't." Direct hits can spark a meteor storm, which is defined as more than 1000 shooting stars per hour. "That's what happened in, for example, 1966 and 2001," says Cooke. "Those were great years for Leonids."

"This year we're going to brush past two of the trails--no direct hits," he says. Even so, "we might have a nice display."

The first shower is expected on Nov. 13th around 17:17 UT. For about three hours centered on that time Earth will be close to some dust shed by Tempel-Tuttle in the year 1499. Sky watchers in Alaska, Hawaii and along the Pacific rim of Asia are favored. They'll see anywhere from a few to 40 meteors per hour--"if they can avoid the glare from that night's gibbous Moon," cautions Cooke. A good strategy for moonlit meteor observing: travel to high altitudes where the air is clear or stand in the shade of a tall building or hillside.

oops.

i guess i missed the first one.

but i saw it in 01 when i was painting a beauty of a spot. what a night!

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/images/doubleleonids/japan1.jpg'>

Maximum number of Leonids in 15 min.

New York, NY 2:30 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 17

Miami, FL 2:30 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 14

Chicago, IL 1:30 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 13

Dallas, TX 1:45 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 9

Denver, CO 0:45 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 7

Los Angeles, CA 0:00 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 3

Caracas, Venezuela 3:30 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 17

San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:30 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 18

London, England 5:45 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 7

Paris, France 6:30 a.m. (Nov. 19th) 6

Guest imported_Tesseract

its an american thing....

Originally posted by Tesseract

its an american thing....

huh?

i gave some euro times bud.:o

some scientists did some expirement, i dont really recall but allthough the evidence is inconclusive, the facts gathered pointed towards a finite universe, and to go along with the dodecahedral model, its said that the universe is like one gigantic soccer ball

"I feel so.....small after watching that. " -CW

yeah, but in the same regard, i cant help think that im still as huge as the biggest universe or as samll as the smallest atom, when it comes to the interwoveness of everything.....no im not a hippie jackasses...

there is a slide in there that almost looks like the first one, but its when it drop into the nanos....i dont think its a coincedence...

some scientists did some expirement, i dont really recall but allthough the evidence is inconclusive, the facts gathered pointed towards a finite universe, and to go along with the dodecahedral model, its said that the universe is like one gigantic soccer ball

Now that doesn't make much sense. If it's "infinite" how is it shaped like a soccer ball, and how is it constantly expanding (from the point of the initial "big bang")? Maybe we should define "infinite" here.

Can you link me to these scientists and their experiments?

Originally posted by TEARZ

space is the place (check the reference)

Craw? If so, holy shit.

Originally posted by swiss cheese

Now that doesn't make much sense. If it's "infinite" how is it shaped like a soccer ball, and how is it constantly expanding (from the point of the initial "big bang")? Maybe we should define "infinite" here.

Can you link me to these scientists and their experiments?

exactly, its not infitite but "FINITE" there is a difference, i will post up the article but ill have to do a search for it

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this