That New Jay!!! BLACK ALBUM REVIEW

Milton

ahhh tupac's mom....

that's a whole'nuther story.

I appreciate the fact that she thinks he son was akin

to being a prophet, but could she just please let him rest in peace now?

The fact that she's the executive producer of this new biography bothers

me a little bit. How can you make an honest and realistic depiciton of a

person who is your son? It just seems like her motives are a little suspect.

I'm not hating on her, because losing a child is a nightmare,

but most people dont get over their pain by ceaselessly selling the

memory of their child (and getting paid while doing it)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean im really not to trying to point out that your wrong...

but whats wrong with his mother taking control of the documentation of her sons life given his celebrity status....you know? the record companys prolly made millions after his death and gave her nothing for what her son created.

yeah, i had one tupac albumn that was release after his death. Tupac and the Outlaws. I liked it. It was solid. But ill even find somthing about a mc hammer albumn that i like...even if its just smiling thinking about what hammer musta looked like onstage in those ridiculous pants.

all im saying is any negativity on a irrelevant situation can very easily be counterproductive the broader spectrum the situation is contained in.

Originally posted by seeking

thats cause there was no message.

he would flip back and forth from 'dear momma' or whatever the fuck it was called, to getting sentenced to prison for rape.

its a crock of shit.

I haven't heard much of his music, so I can't really call him on content. But he has become a huge media fixation. There's even another movie coming out about him.

im just sayen.....you may want to expand your vocabulary of insults beyond fuck and faggot and what not...or at least stop using fuck and faggot together.

i primarily use the term motherfucker. while not directly and insult depending on use, it is still extremely offfensive when regularly used as a swiss army term.

as in ....motherfucker...you see that motherfucker....motherfucker....you motherfucker....yeah you.

and what i really like about it....is its calling you one who fucks a mother.

like your baby mother. so if i had a baby....i would hope i would still be fucking my babys mother. but its automatically assuming your fucking your babys mother...so its really a compliment that can be used as an insult and is offensive all the way around.

Re: Re: setting shit straight..

yall act like being "gangster" or ghetto or being raised a certain way means you have to go through this this and that or something to be ghetto, or "real" or something...

2pac i think grew into that gangster like mentality, as do alot of rappers do... they rap about what they see in life, the fucked up shit... and eventually their fans want them to be gangsta, or they become known as being "fake" or "not down" and so on...

few people i think are "legit" when it comes to being gangster are... Shyne was pretty crazy/gangsta, 50 seems like he dont give a fuck one way or another, MOP... to name a few...

Jayz i doubt would do shit...

Ja Rule is a cornball with a cru...

Eminem isnt gangster or hard but he probally crazy...

Nas aint poppin shit i dont think

shit hardly anyone would be.

Jesus Christ man, seriously i picture you with your hat cocked to one side and aluminum "chains" stringing from your neck while watching a commercial for that new tupac movie going "werd son".

You seriously get a profound feeling when talking about this kind of shit, like it really invokes your inner most feelings about some guy who's making more money then you'll ever see, and talking about something that he hasnt experienced in ages.

When a person gets removed from their so called "streets" for more then 5 years,.....you're not "street" anymore.

that simple...but im not going to go into one of those he is real he isnt real since you seem to be the kind of person to get into a convo like that, so ill just call you a faggot like everyone else and be on my way.

Gangsta.

Re: Re: Re: setting shit straight..

Originally posted by oneeightyone

When a person gets removed from their so called "streets" for more then 5 years,.....you're not "street" anymore.

Gangsta.

Haha. Old yuck still got a few years of gangster left in his old bones. Watch out now.

I just saw on BET that the album was released today. Jay-Z was on but due to ADD I walked away from the TV and forgot all about him. I'll be up bright and early to cop it tomorrow though. Who knows you may even see Yuck ridin down your block in a benz with a G UNIT charm.:lol:

Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

John Forte was Gangster.

haha. i knew him in high school.

and tease, come on man. one year ago you were starting threads asking people for "dope freestyles" recommendations because you were getting into rap, though you still liked 311 and bush.

keep it real.

start another thread about this bullshit..

i didn't make any judgements when i described tupac's upbringing.

so fuck it.

i just listened to the black album.

shit is poppin.

it is pretty amazing to me..

first Outkast..

now Jay-Z..

these shits are the best hip hop albums i've heard since early the 90's..

Jay-Z has put out his best album, no doubt..

if this is the note he's going out on, it is on top...

Re: Re: setting shit straight..

Originally posted by E MARTYR

few people i think are "legit" when it comes to being gangster are... Shyne was pretty crazy/gangsta, 50 seems like he dont give a fuck one way or another, MOP... to name a few...

Jayz i doubt would do shit...

Ja Rule is a cornball with a cru...

Eminem isnt gangster or hard but he probally crazy...

Nas aint poppin shit i dont think

shit hardly anyone would be.

Jay shot his brother, stabbed Un Riveira etc. But he's not gangster? The math he talks about on the albums is as real as it gets. But he never did that? I have a friend that works for Roc A Fella, he relays stories directly from the man himself, it's real, believe me.

I don't know, being out of the hood for a few years doesn't make you any less real to me, thats what he said "if you got it you would talk about it too."

" you know...i bet all you who are sitting here dissing on tupac are middle class and white and never had a mom who smoked crack." Whoa, you should work for miss Cleo or something...

Originally posted by E MARTYR

fuck you first off faggot.

secondly, YOU ACT AS IF JUST CUZ THE *HITS* CAME OUT AFTER HE WAS GONE HE DIDNT MAKE THEM!!! THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?

it was still HIS shit, and who gives a fuck if he wasnt alive when it dropped... DID HE NOT DO IT? fucking moron...

tease...you're not too bright are you? better hope your dad lets you keep your job if you think like this all the time...

1)learn how to argue..."fuck you first off faggot" is a poor beginning young wigger...

2) i didnt say they didnt come from him..you stated that his sales proved he was making good albums when he was alive or whatever- then why did his sells finally increase 5X the amount....and when you are talking millions of records sold- thats a HUGE difference... so my point still stands and you are proven, yet again, to be one of the worlds largest idiots...

you pretty much proved me right in your reply- he might have been popular before death, but not near as popular after...so like everyone else who rides him a bit too hard, you will continue to kiss your poetic justice poster every night before you go to sleep, dream about the release date of his new documentary and album, and dream of the day you finally spot him walking around in some place being the umpteenth person to say "i spotted him walking around this place at this time..."

fucking toyscout.

ive had the cd for a couple weeks out, shits nice..

"if skills sold truth be told, id probobly be lyrically...talib kweli"

wasnt really feeling Change Clothes and the 9th wonder beat was ehhh. other than that......it was dope.

Can I kick it? Yes you can. Well im gone...

...too many bitches wanna be ladies, so if you a hoe imma call you a hoe, too many bitches are shady, too many ladies give these niggas too many chances, too many brothas wanna be lovers dont know what romance is. too many bitches stuck off on too many sexual advances, no question jay z got too many awnsers.....

Some interview shit I found interesting:

The Takeover.” On the song, Jay-Z said, “I showed you your first Tec [gun] on tour with Large Professor, then I heard your rhyme about the Tec upon the dresser.”

Confirming the lyrics, Large Professor said in the early 90’s he toured with Jay-Z’s mentor Jaz, the UMC,’ and Nas, who was on the rise as an emcee. During the concert stop in Washington D.C., the sound system stopped working during the middle of the show, where disappointed, angry fans began to riot.

According to LP, the rappers retreated into a tour bus, thinking they would have to fight the fans. “We were figuring we gonna have to knuckle down,” he said. “Jay came out of nowhere, reaching in his gym bag [pulling out a gun] like, ‘Don’t even sweat these niggas. I got that’”

(But he's not real right?)

If anybody knows where the interview is where Nas said Jay told him at a party that he was better than Big and Pac, post it or let me know...

Milton (save some dessert for us...)

no one was putting 2pac on any 'best emcee's of all times' lists, untill 3-5 years after he died, when eminem started blowing up, and the source needed an unfailable beacon to shine their lights on. who better than a controvercial dead rapper who could no longer do wrong, appealed to every young demographic, and could be painted and repainted any way the marketing folks saw fit?

as soon as the nas-jay beef came out, hip hop went into this frenzy, fucking fighting eachother to see who could mention big and pac in the most consecutive songs, as if it was some badge of authenticity. meanwhile no one back in the day was taking dude that seriously. people obviously liked him, and not just white kids, but no one was looking at him as an emcee. it was his persona that attracted people, not his music. and since his whole persona was tailor made to fit the situation, its all a lie. dude was not a 'gangster' till suge turned him into one. he was a fucking back up dancer for digital underground for christ sakes. it's a joke, and anyone that really followed hip hop from the 80's, all the way into 2000, watched the whole thing unfold.

as far as jay claiming he's better than both of them? hands down, i agree. dude has not put out a bad album, has came harder every single time, and has some of the most creative, and intelligent lyrics in mainstream hip hop. he has an amazing ability of introspection and understanding his position in music, and the media.

no one has ever done what he does, better than he does it.

seeks/no dummy thats just the shit i be sprinkling, to keep the registers ringin

Originally posted by seeking

no one was putting 2pac on any 'best emcee's of all times' lists, untill 3-5 years after he died, when eminem started blowing up, and the source needed an unfailable beacon to shine their lights on. who better than a controvercial dead rapper who could no longer do wrong, appealed to every young demographic, and could be painted and repainted any way the marketing folks saw fit?

as soon as the nas-jay beef came out, hip hop went into this frenzy, fucking fighting eachother to see who could mention big and pac in the most consecutive songs, as if it was some badge of authenticity. meanwhile no one back in the day was taking dude that seriously. people obviously liked him, and not just white kids, but no one was looking at him as an emcee. it was his persona that attracted people, not his music. and since his whole persona was tailor made to fit the situation, its all a lie. dude was not a 'gangster' till suge turned him into one. he was a fucking back up dancer for digital underground for christ sakes. it's a joke, and anyone that really followed hip hop from the 80's, all the way into 2000, watched the whole thing unfold.

as far as jay claiming he's better than both of them? hands down, i agree. dude has not put out a bad album, has came harder every single time, and has some of the most creative, and intelligent lyrics in mainstream hip hop. he has an amazing ability of introspection and understanding his position in music, and the media.

no one has ever done what he does, better than he does it.

seeks/no dummy thats just the shit i be sprinkling, to keep the registers ringin

Somebody get this man a beer.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Just bought a few cuts off the iTunes store. Support the digital.

*Edit: JESUS CHRIST THAT "LUCIFER" SONG IS FUCKING GOOD.

"no dummy thats just the shit i be sprinkling, to keep the registers ringin"

I was looking for that line so I could exploit it for my own self serving ends. What song is that?

"*Edit: JESUS CHRIST THAT "LUCIFER" SONG IS FUCKING GOOD."

Yes, yes it is.

For those that think Hov's whole thing is bling bling'n

Either haven't heard the album or they don't know english

They only know what the single is, and singled that out

to be the meaning of what he is about

And bein I'm about my business, not minglin much

runnin my mouth, that shit kept lingerin

But no dummy, that's the shit I'm sprinklin

The album width to keep the registers ringin

-the bounce

Guest Pilau Hands

dude i've been backplaying lucifer all day

that beat, that hook, is killin em

and what more can i say...yeah

usually i'm really disappointed when i get rap albums...

but this whole album, save like 3 songs, is up there high on the shelf

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by El Mamerro

JESUS CHRIST THAT "LUCIFER" SONG IS FUCKING GOOD.

I'm sorry, but I just had to emphasize that.

You know you can set up your iTunes so that it shows how many times you've listened to a specific song... I got "Lucifer" this morning, and it's on 28.

lucifer is incredible... damn that kanye west got to max romeo track... the original song that he took that sample from is incredible too, just to share with some motherfuckers. check out max romeo's "i chase the devil" off of his war ina babylon album... damn.

so, i like it a lot.

it's just another jay-z record. and i mean that in the best way possible. the thing that makes it better is that there aren't the 2 songs that either suck or have gotten overplayed yet that make me want to skip them.

and the fucking drums on that rick ruben track, especially at the end... damn! makes me want to break out my goofy six-step again.

Archived