i ride a bike with thin tires and wear spandex....im going to get in your way

boogie hands

who else has a sever problem with these people. every fucking day....EVERY DAY!!! on the way to work i get these two assholes with blinking lights strapped to their backs riding side by side DIRECTLY in the middle of the right lane....it never fucking fails!!! id go around them but i have to stay in the right lane to get to where im going so i end up in this goddamn 6 mph parade until i make it to my intersection. i have no problem with people riding bikes at all, its great. the problem lies with the guys with spandex and thin tires....i cant say ive ever come across someone on a mountain bike riding in the center of my lane...or some kid on a huffy...nope just these assholes in spandex. yes you have your own race in france...that does not mean your a car...get the fuck out of the middle of the road!!!

thank you.

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest failure

no spandex...but i'll be offended just the same.

nobody rides mountain bikes or huffy's becausethey're slower, heavier, and they suck. if they did, they'd be even slower and more "in your way".

and they're in the middle of the lane so they don't getfucked up by fools who park and don't look in their rear view mirror before they open their door

i'd like to take my bike with thin tires and throw it through your fucking windshield. dork.

CARSARECOFFINS

[This message has been edited by failure (edited 08-27-2001).]

Guest beardo

its the people who carry the 'fuck you im on a bike and you need to respect my vehicular status' motherfuckers that piss me off. if you know a car wants to get past you is it that big of a deal to scoot over for 10 yards and let them pass? whos the bigger asshole.

its the attitude that does it.

Guest failure

i definitely hear that. but it's more born out of frustration with being ran off the road and almost killed a gazillion times because some cellphone talking, mcmuffin eating retard ain't paying attention. we're a lot less protected and have a lot more to lose so it's natural to be pissy.

also, if you've ever run into a car door at 25 miles an hour you'll think twice about cruising within 4 feet of any parked car.

Originally posted by beardo:

its the people who carry the 'fuck you im on a bike and you need to respect my vehicular status' motherfuckers that piss me off. if you know a car wants to get past you is it that big of a deal to scoot over for 10 yards and let them pass? whos the bigger asshole.

Mountain bikeing is one of my fav hobbies, and i always wear a t shirt and pants when im bikeing, sometimes shorts..... WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO wear spandex???????????????? Oh, cause your polyultra wicking material will wick the sweat away and it will cut off a second of your time, on a trail your rideing for fun???

The greatest feeling in the world is to be rideing and pass up some person with total spandex and a lightspeed... When you have some baggy jeans and a t shirt with a 400 dollar bike...

Fuck the bull shit.....

these motherfuckers all up in the turning lane and shit. id run them over if i could. i used to ride my 20" bike in the street but at laest i was all the way to the right side or on the sidewalk when possible.

i was at mcdonalds the other day..this 45 year old guy wearing hot pink spandex shorts, loose tank top that was like bright green...bright yellow roller blades, big oaklys..and he had those radio headphones on with the big square on one side. he was all skating around the parking lot backwards and hoping onto the curb...he wasnt in my way or anything, ijust thought it was funny. i threw grapes at him.

[This message has been edited by Chicken George (edited 08-27-2001).]

its the people who carry the 'fuck you im on a bike and you need to respect my vehicular status' motherfuckers that piss me off.

beardo knows the deal....no disrespect failure....as long as your not playing parade conductor your good to go but when youve got a mirror on your helmet and 3 cars behind you and you still feel the need to ride in the middle of the road your a dick.

we dont have cars parked on the side of the road here.....

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Guest HESHIANDET

YO!

i can understand the frustration of motorists sometimes and it is all in everyone attitudes. the bottom line is this though, cyclists didn't take a driving test which in turn means they didn't sign a contract (license) which states that they must abide by the rules. so fuck off and look at my ass in my spandex shorts. also, why aren't you guys riding your bikes to work? i could go on for hours but i'll leave that to willy, dibs, joker, devilush, and the other handfull of dedicated cyclists on here. KISS OUR SPANDEX CLAD ASSES!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//mad.gif'>

I have to agree with failure on this one. In my city you can't ride on the sidewalks and you will get hit by fools in cars if you ride on the side of the street. Its like you're invisible if you don't ride in the middle of the street, and sometimes that doesn't even matter. If you aren't aggressive, you get ran over. I try to bike in bike lanes whenever possible.

Just say no to spandex!

i agree with my homies hesh and joker. we do have any kind of right just like you drivers. sorry if our spandex clad pussy riders get in your way, but you have like 3 tons of steel in comparison to our tiny bikes. you try getting hot in traffic, you try to duck the dumb asses that don't look in their damn rear view mirror to see if there is a bicyclist, you try to out run a car who is on your tail, and you try to out do some dumbass driver trying to compete with you. think about it, there are two different sides. and for some reason, the drivers are having such a hard damn time looking at the bikers perspective.

and you guys who ride on the sidewalk, fucking luke sidewalker and shit, get off of it. did you know it's more dangerous to be riding on the sidewalk or really close to the sidewalk in comparision to the street?? don't be a pussy.

*by the way, i have hot pink spandex, kiss my ass.

*and we like our skinny wheels, so we can run your ass.

[This message has been edited by Devilush (edited 08-27-2001).]

The answer to all of this? BIKE LANES! we have a few here and they come in handy when you're on a high traffic street in rush hour. They aren't everywhere, but it's not like the side streets need them anyway.

I drive my car because I live 30 minutes away from where I work (and that's highway driving), but starting next saturday I'm ditching my car for good!

I still don't like it when a slow person gets in my way, that goes for cars and bikes.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

If it bothers you that much get an air horn installed, creep up right behind them, and lay on it the next time they get in you way- but as a pedestrian- I might spit on your windshield.

Guest beardo
Originally posted by Joker:

We have just as much right to be in the middle of the lane as you do. If I have to obey all the laws of the road just like a car... I'm using the lane. You don't like it, tough. Leave for work earlier.

case and point. its this attitude that is the problem. you can have the lane all you want, but dont be an ass and hold up everyone when its just as easy to let people pass for a couple minutes. not unlike being kind and letting people change lanes. you guys seem to overlook the common courtesy elements when you take on all the rights and regulations of your precious 3.4oz vehicles.

i currently ride the public transit system, and hope to have a 2 wheeled fury machine hooked up in the near future. you'll see me on the outer extremeties or on the sidewalk.

Oh yes, I should add that cars weigh mucch more than you, and being run over can't be plesant. Like beardo said, I'll stick to the side of the road, I have no desire to be hit and go to the hospital.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

Originally posted by failure:

i definitely hear that. but it's more born out of frustration with being ran off the road and almost killed a gazillion times because some cellphone talking, mcmuffin eating retard ain't paying attention. we're a lot less protected and have a lot more to lose so it's natural to be pissy.

also, if you've ever run into a car door at 25 miles an hour you'll think twice about cruising within 4 feet of any parked car.

wordem up.

I'm not saying I ride the middle of the lane at all times, Beardo. You know what this city is like... there's bike lanes all over the damn place. But when I'm out in the middle of the country on a two lane po-dunk road... I'm staying clear of the edge. Even I was two inches from the edge of the road drivers would still honk and pass by me 20 feet to my left... at about 90 miles an hour. Because I held them up for eight seconds. Give me a break. And then they have to yell dumb shit like "Get a job". How the fuck do they think I payed for my bike and all that gear? Motorists... some motorists I should say... have no idea what to do when they approach a cyclist in the road. If we're in the middle of the lane it's for a reason. We can hear you approach and often move out of the way. And most of us roadies always wave you by if the coast is clear ahead. When I go on team rides the guys in the back let the guys in the front know a car is coming. There's communication. We may not move completely out of the way but we have our reasons. If you're in a car... chill the fuck out for a second. We don't hold you up any longer than a stop light. So quit yer bitchin'...

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

Guest beardo

on behalf of the driving citezens of america, i congratulate you for your outstanding performance and awareness while getting your bike on. if only the other 90% of riders had a brain in that noggin being protected by that aero helmet thingie.

i've said my piece, but jesus loves you the best. and i bid you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.

man joker knows what he's talkin about. i ride my bike almost everyday and everyday somebody flys by me at 70 mph and scares the crap out of me. It's kids like you boggie who are going to kill me one of these days. Im just out there to get in shape for my next race. Maybe you guys should get on bike one of these days and get in shape and give the environment a little break. But i guess your all to lazy and fat and smoke all day to start.

Spandex rules!!!!!!

here i go thanks for the opener hesh.

ill start off on the offense of bike lanes i think they are shit and an easy way to get doored. i take the lane any god damn time i want because i can. first off in a major metropolitan area boston sf philly nyc there is no god damn need for cars, the add to pedestrian congestion and pollution. fucking ride a bike there is enough transportation publicly owned where if you need to commute in park your fucking car outsde the city and take a train. if not deal with bikes. besides if you hit me in boston i am a pedestrian by law so it is no fault. in fact ill intentionally hit you if you are being a dick, just so i can have a case.

your cars dont belong in the city, and if they are there should be a godamn 18mph speed limit resulting in execution style justice of not followed. if you are outside of the city on an open road obey the fucking speed limit and i wont ever be in your way, maybe once or twice when i am flying and avoiding road debris.

i agree with joker. i hug the lanes outside of the city, but if there is a fucking 4 foot hole to hell i will probably move into the lane to protect my wheelsets and my head.

chill the fuck out. get on a bike for a bit and see it from our point of view. if you are going to the fucking city leave your car out of it, youll just end up getting pissed and believe me a rider usually ends up getting their revenge, most of us have pretty heavy ulocks in our pocket.

ulock justice.

sounds like you got a problem boogie...except multiply those 2 by about 8 or 10...that's right....16 to 20 bikers almost every day in a large group, in the lane im in....fucking nuts...it takes to fucking long to pass them on a 35mph road with many many curves...look out for oncoming traffic. motherfuckers. USE THE FUCKING BIKE LANE. i was turning out on to a busy intersection, TAKING A RIGHT, then were taking a left from the opposite direction, Im minding my own business and the fuckers like turn right into me and dodge my car and shit jesus christ bugs the fuck out of me. i aint got a problem with guys in the bike lane. guys in the fucking road can eat shit. im gonna build a truck with circular saws all over the front of it and im gonna plow through those motherfuckers and im gonna have barbara streisand following me on a large festivial float singing "joy to the world" as the float runs over mangled torsos and heads.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Archived