The Procrastinating Thread.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm the worse with that stuff...It all starts with me graduating this coming june and the absolute need to pass the last 4 theory classes i owe on this exam period (sep) so i can pass another 4 in june..and be able to throw the hat in the air.

So i end my summer vacations more briefly than i could in order to study(late aug) First exam dates are on for the 10th of sep..then academics go on strike and they get postponed to the end of sep...then the beggining of oct...then end oct..to begging on nov..to the final date which is 11,12 and the 13th of November...starting this monday.

I belong in that category of people that A) arent used in forcing them self over anything and B) never foreplan things to avoid drama. I'm never precautious over shit like that...so here i am on a sat night while my buddys are drinking somewhere and my girl is somewhere drunk and probably dancing, writing pathetic messages on the internet.

In my whole life, studying was never my game...i read lots of books and get to work hard on things that i'm interested in...but lets face the retarded truth...i'm a college student that drops exam papers full written in capitals cause graffiti fucked my writing that hard. You should see the faces of the proffs when i drop the bomb in their face...My architecture proff once told me "I cant believe you just gave me a test in capitals" the answer was simple "If writing properly was my thing i wouldnt be studying art now, would i ?"

Its up to you to decide if i passed that test or not;)

Anyway, with no further delay...the procrastinating list for this year:

Medical

• Fix my glasses, so i dont wear lenses all the time (delayed: 2 years)
    Check my nasal infection problem (delayed: 3 years)
    Check my knees (This just kicked in)

Academic

• Fuckin Graduate (delayed: 1 year)
    Take the oxford english language profficiency (delayed: 2 years)
    Decide what and were will i be doing my masters on (delayed: 1 year)
    Start Spanish (delayed: 3 years)
    The 8 classes i owe mentioned before (delayed: 2-5 years)
    Scholarship hunt so i can do a masters aboard (just kicked in)

Athletic

• Start swimming again(delayed: 2 years)
    More rock climbing(delayed: some months)
    Mhui Thai(just kicked in)

Social

• Make sober friends(delayed: 4 years)
    Have more girls calling me at 2 am(delayed: 4 years)

General

• Start cooking(delayed since forever)
    Stop smoking(delayed 9 years)
    Decide monogamy isnt my thing at all(delayed: 4 years)
    Stop paying for drinks when i can get them free-blame monogamy!-(delayed: 1,5 month)
    Being awake in the morning(delayed: 4 years)

Sum: Magic Number is 4 years

Sum2: I'm still fast and uber accurate on drinking heavily, producing art and swaping naughty looks with girls in my girls face, face...oh and posting in here(how could i ever forget)

Goodnight, Tesseract (i hope you're better than this but i highly doubt it)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Count me in the club. I have some pretty good stories about procrastinating, but I'm really fucking tired right now, so I'll post tomorrow.

Guest Pilau Hands

the thing about me and procrastinating is, i've been doing it all my life, and it's never really come back to bite me in the ass too hard. i always sorta squeeze by, but not only that, i somehow manage to prosper, all while putting in half-assed effort. if the universe wants me to give it my all, it's gotta punch me in the nuts or something.

heavy let down...

hev:

2003:

taxes: 7 months

Grad school applications: 4 years ( at least)

Painting: 6 years

art work out side of the sketchbook: 6 years

Responding to this thread: 2 days, 6 hours, some odd minutes.

Daily excerise: 12 years ( in life there is no required Gym class or sports related classes)

Super Star: In my mind this was taken care of years ago, in reality... not so much.

Replaceing the knob on my front door: since new years eve, 2001. still coverd with duct tape. ( steel door two bolt locks, dont get any funny ideas).

keeping intouch with the "anytime" booty call ex-girl freinds: 7 years in dry dock... heading to the alter of death.

the list goes on...

tes I'm feeling you man. the only way to stop it is to just do it. Its all so simple and yet, its not done.

oh and last but not least:

reparing my CREDIT: 10 years... of otilet status

<<<DO NOT BE LIKE ME>>>

more zero then hero... sigh... it is what it is.

Guest imported_sofarok

I call it pathological procrastination, I honestly cant get on with anything, I have so much that I need to, I want to do and I could do but I cant make myself do it, I don’t think its cus im lazy…well maybe, fear of failure maybe?

12oz is the ultimate pathological procrastinators tool though….

things i have procrastinated on:

start eating more healthy: 10 years

quit smoking: 11 years

be nicer to people: 25 years

start excercising: 12 years

start making my lunch for work instead of buying it every day: 2 years

replace my public enemy tapes with cd's: 5 years

get a girlfriend that does anal: 7 years

buy new socks: 2 months

wash the dishes: 2 weeks

clean my bedroom: 1 week

stop procrastinating: 25 years