Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sonik3000

Critical Terms for Graffiti Study

wow, well done. i read it, but i will have to go over it a time or three to thouroughly grasp it. i guess the only contraversial part, or should i say the part some may find contraversial, is the legality/permission paragraph.

I think phase2 used the term: 'stylewriting' more than just 'writing',,well i've just read the first paragraph i have to get back to it later..

I THINK THAT WAS GOOD... THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO NEED TO READ THAT... MAYBE IT WILL HELP THEM UNDERSTAND THE HIP HOP CULTURE A LITTLE BETTER.

In my opinion, Overall the most comprehensive, to the point, cover-all-the bases inside look into the who what where when and why... Your piece takes a step past merely stating What it is we do, and gives a bit of insight as to the WHY... covering many diffferent viewpoints as well... If there is any one piece of literature about writing that someone who nknows nothing about graff should read, this is it... I think you should write a book, seriously. I truly enjoyed reading it, and when I was done, I read it again just because I wish there was more to read. My hat goes off to you.

Originally posted by newmark

Sonik, i love your storys and studies. When are you gonna publish a book? I will be the first to buy it!

He's got a badass childrens book coming out in the spring I think, check his website.

I can hella relate to the section on legal walls and how frustrating they are.

I could relate to what you wrote very well, and the way you've put it down, I think many outsiders will find it an interesting read aswell. Even though I'm not happy to admit it, because it at first sounds unintelligent, is the last part with Fuck you, because that's the way it is..people just don't get it :).

a very good read, i am liking your writing...

on an unrelated topic, is the children's book that you wrote like a picturebook with a story?

Yo - I am super glad that all of you seemed to think highly of the essays. They were tough to write, and a lot of people helped with critiques (crew here, Jim Prigoff, Susan Farrell). There's more to write.

Re. my children's book: It's a picture story book with text, designed to first be read to kids and then be one of the kids' early reads on their own. Think in the line of Where the Wild Things Are, Harold and the Purple Crayon, Ferdinand, etc. I really hope the kids dig it.

S.

Those are the best damn kids books ever!

I ESPECIALLY liked the suggestion that people not try to understand graffiti through the eyes of traditional art. It's graffiti, not abstract painting or mural art or whatever!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this