-----BONSAI TREES-----

industry

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Question for the bonsai wise:

How big an effect does heat play?

I've got a great spot for a tree but it's really close

to a radiator and it get's pretty hot. I figure the water

will dry up quickly from the temperature, so more frequent

waterings might be needed, but is there anything else to consider?

It can effect the budding process on many different species of trees, and you have to use different soil and techniques such as frequent repotting, watering etc.

Depending on what species of bonsai you ahve they all react to different connditions. Bonsais dont react well to dramatic changes in climate, therefore keep it on a desk or something. Like i said depending on what species you have you ahve to put them different places.

What species do you have? i can help you out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by 23578

i'm not a pro, but for mine (juniper), i just give it a good soak in the sink every week. fully submerge it in lukewarm water. it doesn't need misting. misting is a good idea for leafy bonsai though. i wouldn't make too a big deal out of it, if you can take care of house plants that is. i think you should keep your bonsai out of the window a bit, or it may get a bit burnt.

Juniper's prefer filtered sunlight. so put up shade netting or something similar to it.

JUNIPER

Sunlight: filtered, not direct sunlight. Direct sunlight will dry out the foliage and exposed roots if any.

Feeding: a neautral mix of a plant fertalzer every 2 weeks periodically will keep your bonsai green as hell and healthy as a mothere fucker.

Repotting: Repot pretty much whenever you want if you must. If not repot in spring or summer.

Watering: Junipers are ground shrubs and dont get much water. Liek any pine species it it important to let the soil dry out before watering, not bone dry but close. Keep exposed roots and surface roots misted.

Originally posted by McPhoo

is it true that you can get little bonsai trees that grow mini-style fruit, or have the rumors had at me again..?

Some what true somewhat not. An orange tree for example will grow full wsixe leaves and pretty large oranges. If you want to make the fruit smaller you first have to make the leaves smaller by cutting about 1/4 of the leaf off of the tip of the leaf. Or in early spring you can de-foliate of cut off all the leaves so that the tree wil produce a new set of smaller leaves.

and remember I AM THE MASTER OF BONSAI :D :D :D

Archived