______________________ + The Polaroid Thread + ____

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck this

http://www.angryalan.com/photohost/12ozalbum/ugh.jpg'>

top2bottom

left2right

a. triple exposure

b. fuck this kid

c. popcorn and a co-worker (double exposure)

d. I hate clocks

e. halo

f. the list (actually a triple exposure)

g. marquee®

h. someshit, yay artsy

i. twentee exposures of a doorknob with a flashlight, fucker

j. se7en exposures

k. wash your damn junk

l. 9i9e exposures

m. reverse boobs

n. countCOUNTcount

Goodbye 12oz.

Originally posted by yoink

isnt it super cheap nowadays?0

just over a dollar an exposure round my ways...

I went out and picked up some film and tried it out tonight. I had fun messing around with it, but since it was my first time using one, it was really fucking cold, and it was night time i had a little bit of trouble. Took me a few shots to figure out the flash situation and how the polaroid definitely needs a lot more light then my slr would, and i had a couple pictures turn out strange, but very interestingly purple tinted because of the cold and me not having them in a pocket while i was taking other pictures. My scanner is having some technical difficulties right now and i'm not in the mood to fix it, but i'll have some pictures scanned sometime tomorrow to add to this fun little thread.

• 3 months later...

bump. My scanner is homotronic, so these scans are mighty low quality. I have another new one to add to this, but i'm going to scan it next time i'm at a friend's place with a good scanner.

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MrScojangles/4polaroids_uno.jpg'>

*****If anyone who i sent a package to for the postcard exchange would be so amazingly kind as to scan the polaroid(s) i sent you, that would be awesome. I forgot to do that before i sent them out/my scans are shit quality if i have them*****

Polaroid users warned not to "shake it"

Reuters

Tue Feb 17,10:30 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Outkast fans like to "shake it like a Polaroid picture," but the instant camera maker is warning consumers that taking the advice of the hip-hop stars could ruin your snapshots

Outkast's number one hit "Hey Ya" includes the "shake it" line as a reference to the motion that amateur photographers use to help along the self-developing film.

But in the "answers" section on the Polaroid Web site, (http://polaroid.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/polar...2509&p_sp=&p_li the company says that shaking photos, which once helped them to dry, is not necessary since the modern version of Polaroid film dries behind a clear plastic window.

The image "never touches air, so shaking or waving has no effect," the company said on its Web site.

"In fact, shaking or waving can actually damage the image. Rapid movement during development can cause portions of the film to separate prematurely, or can cause 'blobs' in the picture."

A Polaroid spokesman added: "Almost everybody does it, thinking that shaking accelerates the development process, but if you shake it too vigorously you could distort the image. A casual shake typically doesn't affect it."

Polaroid said its film should be laid on a flat surface and shielded from the wind, and that users should avoid bending or twisting their pictures.

Of course, "lay it on a flat surface like a Polaroid picture," doesn't sound nearly as cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

gotta bring this thread back!

polaroids are sick... i have 4 cameras...

i'm working on getting an SX-70 but recently there's been a big hype for them...

plrods001.jpg

Left To Right

1. Polaroid Sun 600 LMS

2. Polaroid Square Shooter 2 Land Camera (Type 88 Film)

3. One Step Express

4, 5, 6, One Step Close Up

I got all these at a thrift store for all under 5 bucks...

anyone know where to get Type 88 film these days?

I can't find anywhere that sells this film... ?

• 3 years later...

I was thinking about doing a "film in the wrong camera" thread (it's something I experiment with a lot), but I guess I'll just post this here. Total coincidence that I just tried this, minutes ago, then saw this thread.

Not Polaroid (who can afford it now?) but Fuji Instax. I took an unexposed Fuji Instax mini film and stuck it in my Holga. It's 800 ISO, so I had to measure with another camera (too lazy to dig out a light meter) what light setting would work. Turns out the shade in my backyard was the right amount of light for the Holga aperture/shutter speed. Oh and I had close up filters on the Holga.

5857102495_c292db08c5.jpg

Not my idea, saw it here:

Instax Rollei

Also, I didn't squish the chemicals myself with a roller, I just put the pic back in the Instax camera in my dark bag and exposed it inside the dark bag, so the camera ejected it and squished it for me.

Archived