Wow, I fucking love how my actions dictate so much around me...

Dirty_habiT

I do way too many favors and pull my weight around this house to be talked down upon and swept to the side like I don't matter. My brother put the 3 person back seat to his car inside my car, no baby seat. It's nice that Kabar knows the law and tries to rationalize why I should or shouldn't do what I feel is necessary. I knew I was wrong, but sometimes I do things knowing that it's not the right thing... I bet it'll be a little while before my little brother tries to pull any shit on me again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I woulda just taken that seat out, locked my car doors, layed it on the hood of his car, come in the house and say...did you realize your back seat is laying on the hood of your car?

If he wanted to be an ass about it...I'd remind him of all the beatings he took from me as a kid.

Dirty Habit

Man, I don't think you read a word of my post. Your pissed-off brother can send you behind bars with a PHONE CALL. What the fuck is wrong with you? Stop hurting people before you get your ass locked up. Or don't--whatever. If you think you have some right to go around choking people, then maybe you BELONG in jail.

Read these words again:

You do not have any control over what other people do or don't do.

You only have control over yourself.

If you choose to behave violently, instead of rationally, the person you hurt can have you arrested with nothing more than a phone call to the cops.

Nothing your brother (or anybody else, for that matter) does, or doesn't do, justifies you using violence against them. If you take that shit to a courtroom, you are definately going to do some time. The only justification for you to hurt your brother (or anybody else) is if you are defending yourself. So, in other words, if you attack your brother, and he hurts you trying to defend himself, YOU go to jail, and HE goes scot free.

That shit about your brother putting his car seat in your car will sound stupid as shit in court. Wise up. Or don't--whatever.

Sometimes I think people who commit crimes actually want to go to jail, but I've never figured out why they want to be incarcerated. Usually, they just keep on and keep on until they finally get arrested and imprisoned. I got a kid on my unit that has been in jail TEN MONTHS for theft. To a judge, theft is nothing compared to assault.

You might want to re-think the attitude, too. Taking care of stuff around the house, doing favors or whatever doesn't give you some kind of entitlement to use violence against people. In fact, I'd say you seem have an attitude of entitlement in general, and that's pretty dangerous to you. Thinking that other people "owe" you something, or that you think you have a right to kick somebody's ass is wrong thinking, DH. Any time anybody has the idea that they are entitled, they start making foolish decisions that get them into trouble. It's the old "They can't do so-and-so" routine. People think they are above the law and untouchable. "Not true."

Make better choices. It's for your own good, for real. Or, don't. Maybe your brother loves you so much he wouldn't call the cops on you, but frankly, considering how you seem to treat him, I wouldn't bet on it.

DH, here's your story magnified 10 fold:

I've got 2 decent (used) cars. One I use to get to work because it can drive on freeway, and the other is my large 8 person car. My brother barrow's my 8 person car to drive to some karate classes 5 times a week. It's cool by me because he pays for the gas.

So anyway, a few weeks ago I told him to check the oil levels in the car because it's been a few months since I had put any in. He kind of shrugs me off and drives to his karate class. Later that week, the engine locks up. And in case you didn't know, there is NO fixing an engine that locks up, you have to replace the whole engine. It's gonna cost about $1000 to replace. But wait, here's the kicker: Not only does my brother not have the money to pay for it.... he feels that since it's my car, I should have been checking the oil in between the time he used it. Fuck.

I hope you feel better about your situation.

I understand what Kabar is saying, but he's taking the position of an experienced person... I don't think you understand that my brother tried to punch me in my face while sitting down... and I just pulled the big brother parry move on him instead of getting hit. That still doesn't make it right. I don't get into confrontations regularly.... it takes alot to piss me off, and even then I'm not one to be irrational.

Using the words you used, "Sometimes I think my little brother wants me to choke him." He doesn't come around with this bullshit all the time, thank goodness. And at the same time that my brother and I may get into a quarrel every now and again, he knows he can always ask me for help with anything if he needs it. Kabar, I think you don't understand my situation (and really don't need to). The whole conflict could've been avoided had he done the RIGHT thing and fixed his fuckup in the first place. I can't stand when someone doesn't respect my personal belongings. He could've even asked me if he could use my car to put that stuff in, and I would've probably even said yes, but he assumed that it was there at his disposal, and when he didn't take the necessary actions to undo what was done I got a little irritated.

But, it's no big deal now, we shook hands that night, we both knew we were being stubborn. I would never actually try to hurt my brother, I wasn't choking him like you probably picture me choking someone.

Dirty Habit

Well, I'm glad to hear you and your brother patched it up without further harm. If you have no other siblings, think about this: brothers and sisters are the closest relatives you have, even closer than your parents. They are the people who are going to share your memories of childhood and growing up. If anything, you and your brother should be allies, not antagonists.

I still think violence against anybody is a bad idea, but against your own kin is almost unthinkable. Save that shit for genuine enemies.

I see the results of bad decisions every single day. I got kids facing years of incarceration for giving a friend some drugs. I got a kid facing a year because she accepted a ride home from a party with some idiot who was driving a carjacked car. I got a beautiful 14-year-old Latina girl on my unit who is PERMENANTLY BRAIN DAMAGED from huffing inhalants. She will never be right again. I got a kid on my unit facing aggravated assault charges (eventually going to TYC) because he hit some guy in the face who stiffed him on a drug buy. The guy suffered a crushed cheekbone and broken orbit (the bone that holds the eye in it's socket) from two punches.

THINK before you do some stupid shit. Once you do it, you can't take it back.

Originally posted by JerryCurl

he feels that since it's my car, I should have been checking the oil in between the time he used it. Fuck.

Sounds like an ass whoopin to me. I say one punch for every $10 sounds kinda fair. Im talkin throat punches and shit.

Jerry Curl

I've been an adolescent psych nurse (RN) for eight years. And let me fuckin tell you, it has been the LONGEST eight years of my life. I had NO IDEA people could fuck their lives up so bad, and I thought I had seen some pretty fucked up behavior in my time.

^i hate when people say that, its so far from the truth

me and my brother are mad tight, best of friends, but we fight, its part of growing up, and if your own blood will have you arrested then you got bigger problems than being incarcirated, i would never call the cops on my family, shit id never even call the cops on my enemy for that matter, but i have to agree wit ol dhabz, i do everything for my brother, i got a job, he dont, when he needs money or rides or help with his homework or anything else for that matter he comes to me and i deliver, im sure dhabz has a similiar situation, for instance my brother recently was cleaning an old closet in our hallway out and pulled out a big ol box of toys, he asked to put in in my room for the time being and i was cool with it but after like a week of tellin him to get rid of it and he didnt i dumped it out on his bed, he learned his lesson and wont leave some shit like that in my room again, allthough i didnt resort to violence i have on occasions, all you have to do is know how to not hurt them but still hurt them enough to get it through thier head, like tease said its all about tough love

Archived