In the bowels of New Orleans

BOZACK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ted Wakowski

The cemetary by I think the downtown lafitte projects is one of the iller ones. There's a bunch of hollowed out tombs where homeless people lay.

All the old, torn up houses and half-busted-out neon signs are beyond-ill photo targets.

Originally posted by BOZACK

i spend about 20+ hours a week aimlessly wandering and exploring the ghettos and projects of new orleans. being the murder capitol of the world and all, i'm beginning to wonder if i'm being too careless. i don't carry any kind of weapon, and walk freely through some of the worst neighborhoods in the country. i get a lot of stares, and the fact that i'm white, 5'6" and 98 lbs. doesn't help the situation. all of the conversations/encounters i've had with people are generally friendly, although they usually begin with "what you doin round here wo?!" i figure as long as i'm not dealing or fucking someone's girl i'm not a candidate for murder victim of the day. maybe i'm just testing my luck. do you guys think i'm wrong in this? what kind of unpleasant encounters have you had in bad areas?

so far on my journeys i've met:

-Midnight, the middle-aged crackhead prostitute

-small-scale dealers, a few of whom i now go to regularly

-sissy nobby, a local transvestite bounce rapper who sucks dick to support his/her wardrobe

-many homeless people who think i'm also homeless and tell me stuff like "it'll get better man."

-members of the 10th ward posse (whose leader just got 110 yrs. for murder/using juveniles in drug trafficking)

-7 year old crack babies that ask me for cigarettes

YAY!! New Orleans is FUN!!

try having everything you just said being white etc etc.. except ...living and working in that neightbordhood. having one of the most dangerous jobs in america and being in the recently awarded most dangerous city in america..

The shit you think is all funny and fun and games is a big reality for how people live.. while you go back to your nice cushy neighborhoods and sleep in your "dorm rooms".. im out in the middle of the night staying alive and staying one step ahead of that guy coming around the corner of the house nextdoor with a gun. its really not funny if you think about it..

Originally posted by spunyon

it's kinda funny how quick you flipped your view.. but you did make a good point about people having to live like that.... but methinks BOZAK was being sarcastic...

^^methinks you are right.

and Telo, why so bitter? i never once tried to make a joke out of a life of poverty and blight, and i consider myself lucky not to have to worry about the dangers of that lifestyle constantly. i just enjoy going to those areas of my city. what difference does it make to you? not to mention the fact that i know new orleans alot better than you do, so trust me, i know where i'm going and i think i'll be ok. and *pat on the back* for being so "gutta."

:rolleyes:

Yo BOZACK...

I think you are testing your luck.. If you stick your neck out far enough its gonna get cut off. Then again if you're from NOLA you know what you're getting into. Most cats around those PJ's are panhandling, swingin/hustlin or high. Sorry if that comes off as a generalization, but so far in my 6 1/2 years here i've found that to be the case. Also its unfortunate but true that a '100 lb. white boy" is an easy assed target for somebody in the game. Honestly it's all on you, but don't be surprized if somethin happens.

By the way do you write when you're walking thru the projects or just scoping? Holla back.......

I was working by the Florida projects a while back and some dude tried to steal my car while I was inside the building. I caught him and thought we were going to start throwing but he bailed out. I left a little while after because there isnt anything down there but the projects and the abandoned buildings that I had to work in, so you definitely dont want to get caught alone down there.

This weekend I was working in another building and some toothless crack fiend broad came into the building asking if I was married and if I wanted to fool around. I seriously almost got drunk just standing next to her.

I get all kinds of New Orleans finest trying to sell me jewelry, trying to mess with my car, trying to fight me cause I wont let them paint on a float or climb around on them. Its pretty funny after a while, but it definitely is serious.

Originally posted by spunyon

Yo BOZACK...

I think you are testing your luck.. If you stick your neck out far enough its gonna get cut off. Then again if you're from NOLA you know what you're getting into. Most cats around those PJ's are panhandling, swingin/hustlin or high. Sorry if that comes off as a generalization, but so far in my 6 1/2 years here i've found that to be the case. Also its unfortunate but true that a '100 lb. white boy" is an easy assed target for somebody in the game. Honestly it's all on you, but don't be surprized if somethin happens.

By the way do you write when you're walking thru the projects or just scoping? Holla back.......

i'm well aware that i'm testing my luck, and frankly, i don't care. although i do know my limits, and i stick to them. you're right about most people in the projects, and i know i'd usually be a target, but most people mistake me for being homeless or a drug addict because of the way i dress and my disheveled appearance. dealers have tried to sell me every drug in the book. i just tell em i'm broke and keep moving.

and i don't write....anywhere.

Originally posted by BOZACK

^^methinks you are right.

and Telo, why so bitter? i never once tried to make a joke out of a life of poverty and blight, and i consider myself lucky not to have to worry about the dangers of that lifestyle constantly. i just enjoy going to those areas of my city. what difference does it make to you? not to mention the fact that i know new orleans alot better than you do, so trust me, i know where i'm going and i think i'll be ok. and *pat on the back* for being so "gutta."

:rolleyes:

nah man.. sorry if i was coming off as a bitter individual.. i didnt mean it like that.. its just that i went to highschool in a very wealthy suburb and when tough ecvonomic times came , i had to come down here to a rental house that we owned.. ive been in and out of this building for almost my whole life. and no its not new orleans..

nor am i "gutta".. haha

• 4 weeks later...

i live in mid-city(3rd wd).The only people that hassle me are the fucking police.i got jumped two or three times when i was younger but thats all well needed experience.I love the neighborhood and all my home-boys,

new orleans is my home.

Fuck the pigs,you dirty muh fuhkers.

powc

paint shit.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by repletecord

i live in mid-city(3rd wd).The only people that hassle me are the fucking police.i got jumped two or three times when i was younger but thats all well needed experience.I love the neighborhood and all my home-boys,

new orleans is my home.

Fuck the pigs,you dirty muh fuhkers.

powc

paint shit.

yeah mid-city is one of my favorite areas

and you're right aboout the cops in newolrena, they've gotta be the most corrupt in the country.

if i'm not mistaken, after "10th Ward Fat" (heroin kingpin) was arrested, they found a coupla cops involved in his drug ring.

more pics this week maybe

• 2 months later...

New Orleans is like a beautiful old whore that has lost her looks, but still gives the best fuckin' blow job you ever had in your life. It feels great, but you're embarrassed for your friends to know about it, LOL.

It's a DANGEROUS MOTHERFUCKER, truth be told--do NOT get in any arguments with ANYBODY, about anything. There is nothing any worse to be found in any Third World ghetto. The chances of a young black male to make it out of the projects without being killed, wounded, arrested for a serious felony or catching HIV is like 1:3. Depressing, but fascinating, like rubbernecking at a car wreck.

Archived