Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Telo

can i get a little help?

Since you people on here are my news, homework, knowledge, weird fact, "impress your friend" and just plain flat weird shit SOURCE.. heres my dilemma.. im writing this paper for a undergrad english course. we had to read an essay a while back about how this guy really doesnt like being a man with all the sterotypes and how it just plain sucks.. my mission is to contradict his shit and fill up 3 pages. (6 pages double spaced).. ive got a about apage and a half of some decent material but i need some more shit. what can i say and are there any resources out there i can use? or any quotes from other authors that like being a man? just soem general help would be great.. thanks..

long time listener first time caller..

thats kinda vague, man.

"contradict his shit?" so you want to write an essay about why its cool to be a dude?

what course is this?

And the stereotypes surrounding the ideal woman are so much better. Could you argue that our society in general has fucked up standards regardless of sex?

and there is a good book by barbara ehrenreich "the hearts of men: american dreams and the flight from commitment" it goes over the history of masculinity in the united states.

Sorry. The essay is titled "being a man" the very first paragraphs topic sentence is. "why i hate being a man".. so after that its pretty easy to figure out what the rest of the shits going to be like..

I totally disagree with his arguments.. such as sterotypes men have and how he says they are true.. he never says that being a women would be better, but just how he hates being a man.

Its intro to coll. writing and its an "argumentative essay".. so basically what i have to do is disagree with his arguments and quote other people who would agree with me that being a man is cool..

what i need you to do is help me with quotes or other shit that will lengthen this baby to 3 pages.. (single spaced)

im too lazy to do research for you, but what i would suggest might make it more simple for you is to "flow" his paper out.

write down each of his points and look directly for a quote or research that goes against each individual point, be sure to cite it all. that way you can form a good argument to "contradict his shit" without leaving a bunch of holes. make it persuasive but factual.

Not having to worry about sitting on a wet toilet seat in the middle of the night is pretty cool. How a guy can go from mr. sweet to talkin mad shit about a girl when she rejects him in public has always been one of my favorite things about being a guy. Beer bellies get a lot more respect on guys than people think. Thats all i got for right now.

what are his reasons for hating being a man?

kinda hard to give you arguments if we don't know exactly what we are arguing against.

yeah its due tomorrow poop man..

and for kettie.. lets get some quotes directly from the book for you.. hold on..

" i regard high school sports as a drug far worse than marijuana, and it is the reason that the average tennis champion is, say, an oaf"

this essay was written in 85' so he says sopmething along the lines of for him chosing to be a writer makes him a "pussy"

"nothing is more prisonlike than a boys camp"

"the whole idea of being a man in america is pitiful. It's like having to wear an ill-fitting coat for ones entire life"

i meant choosing.. not chosing.. i just cant type right now.. im kind of doing alot of web surfing and shit so i gotta type lots of stuff..

"feminity- being lady like- implies needing a man as a witness and seducer"

its due in a half hour and im still not done.. thats ok.. it only 20 PERCENT OF MY GRADE!!

A girl can fuck many men and be called a slut.

A guy can fuck many hoes and be called the man.

That's because your hole gets BIGGER

My dick doesn't get smaller.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this