What's a good way to sabotage a television?

Gunm

My roomates are morons. They don't seem to realize that maybe it's a good idea to keep the volume down if I keep ask them every other night to turn the fucking television down at 3 a.m.

What is a good and subtle way to fuck a telelvision up and make it unwatchable without it being totally obvious? Squirt water into it? Wave a magnet in front of the screen? Help me out here.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

if it's one of those tv's with slots in the back to the machinery..my little brother dropped a penny back there when he was little, probably the whole piggy bank thing...STUPID KIDS

anyway it sounded like shit after that. always static in the sound.

or you know...hammer

smashy smashy

get electrical tape and tape over the prongs on the plug and then plug it back into the socket.

Cancel the cable.

use the remote control to turn on SAP(so its in spanish: only works on folks who no habla) then throw the remote away by 'accident'.

Change the color setting, rendering Hyper colors then smash the controls on the set, by "accident"

Or you could move out and find some roomMates that tickle your fancy a lil more. But you should be out painting at 3AM any how so why are you complaining?

putting magnets inside the case, near the screen,will distort the colors.

of course it will also probably ruin the TV forever, but whatever.

taping up the prongs would be good, but at some point they'll check it. i would take the whole socket out and unscrew the the wires connecting it.

then i would piss on the couch.

then i would piss on them.

then i'd go post a whole bunch on the internet.

seeks/am i at 14k yet?

Originally posted by seeking

putting magnets inside the case, near the screen,will distort the colors.

of course it will also probably ruin the TV forever, but whatever.

taping up the prongs would be good, but at some point they'll check it. i would take the whole socket out and unscrew the the wires connecting it.

then i would piss on the couch.

then i would piss on them.

then i'd go post a whole bunch on the internet.

seeks/am i at 14k yet?

ooo, magnets....how long do they have to be there before the colors get fucked up? does the t.v. have to be on for it to damage the screen?

Originally posted by Daze One Million

im not sure if you want them to know you fucked it up or what, cuz if you tell them to turn it down every night and then one day all of a sudden its fucked up id think it was you

yeah, I'm going to just shut up about it for a month or so. Right...revenge is best served cold.

how well the magnets work depends on how quality the tv is. if they're going to work, they should work pretty much instantly. try just setting a speaker (like a computer monitor speaker or somethign) on top of the tv. if it distorts it, you'll knwo you're good to go.

or, if you want to get real fucking inspector gadget on them, im sure you could go to radio shack and get some kind of limiter that would clip onto the speaker wire inside the tv, and limit the max volume. like a cross over for car speakers or soemthing.

Originally posted by seeking

seeks/am i at 14k yet?

nice work! can you believe I'm only 2k less than you? Time for detox!

magnets will fuck the colours but leaving the power off long enough should reset it.

I think the best bet is to just make sure that the batteries on the remote

keep dying. I mean like swap them with dead ones every time they aren't looking.

but if the TV is just dead one day then it will be obvious to them

that someone fucked with it, and unless you're 'electro-savy' dont

try to fuck with cables because any TV repairman will be able to tell.

I say you just open the remote and fuck with that!

Make it so they can only flip chanels in one direction

and instead of 'display or menu' it's actually hitting the

timer to shut it off.

• 11 years later...