Calling all LOTR fans

the_gooch

New Line plans to release the 208-minute long Fellowship of the Ring Dec. 5 on 100-150 screens in the top 10 U.S. markets. The 214-minute long The Two Towers will unspool in theaters the week of Dec. 12. A one-time-only, daylong marathon will take place Tuesday, Dec. 16, when all three films will be shown back-to-back beginning at 3 p.m. in 99 theaters across the U.S. According to the studio, one ticket for the marathon will admit moviegoers to all three movies.

The plan, dubbed "Trilogy Tuesday," was devised by the studio as a way of promoting the third and final installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But what started off as a simple marketing strategy has turned into somewhat of a cultural phenomenon.

Advance tickets for "Trilogy Tuesday" went on sale Oct. 9 on exhibitor Web sites and movie ticketing sites, but theaters have been selling out at such a rapid pace, many fans are turning to eBay for tickets. Tickets to the three-movie marathon are selling at the online auction house for as much as $150.

New Line, however, has no plans to expand its "Trilogy Tuesday" beyond 99 theaters despite requests from exhibitors such as AMC Theaters and Regal Entertainment.

"We've been asked to make more theaters available, but the problem is we can never provide enough," New Line's president of distribution David Tuckerman told The Hollywood Reporter Friday. "This was originally done as a marketing initiative to pay back the fans who want to see it all in one swoop. It was never intended to be a moneymaking deal for us

i have no problem admitting that i am a geek and want to see this!

click the link to sign a petition asking new line to extend showtimes and theaters and possibly dates.

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/trilog...uesdaypetition/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

get that matrix crap outta here.

The graphics make that movie.

A good story is whats carrying

LOTR. Graphics are just helping

bring the story to life. I cant wait

to see them all in one shot.

I watched part 1 and 2 back-to-back

during my vacation, and it left me fiending

for more. Im itchy to see part 3 now.

Legolas and the dwarf are ill characters.

not to destroy this thread but...

^you sure you aint get that mixed up, the matrix has the most indepth plot in any movie ive ever seen, the graphics are ill no doubt but thats not what pushes the movie, maybe to the younger audiences, but if you truley understood the story behind the matrix youd understand, it goes way deeper than some elves and a ring, upon watchingt the first lotr i walked out of the theater, ive only done this for 2 movies ever, the first was some john travolta movie about saving contaminated water or some shit, how ever i did sit and watch the 2nd one, which was again so boring i returned it to blockbuster like the second after i finished watching it, the matrix is a movie for all viewers, its a love/action/sci-fi/philisophical movie where after watching it leaves you thinking, even if its only thinking for like a minute, as the lotr is just D&D like dhaz said, when matrix came out i didnt like it, i thought it was stupid, great effects but stupid, but thats before i understood it...

...now back to your normally scheduled thread broadcasting

Guest WebsterUno

Re: not to destroy this thread but...

Originally posted by Daze One Million

it goes way deeper than some elves and a ring.....

the matrix is a movie for all viewers, its a love/action/sci-fi/philisophical movie where after watching it leaves you thinking, even if its only thinking for like a minute, as the lotr is just D&D like dhaz said......

hahaha....dude...there is ignorance in your statement.

I know there is some in mine as well. Im sure the matrix

has a nice lil story behind it...Ive seen animatrix at the video

store, and there up to installment 3 for it too. So, yeah, you have to

watch this and that to grasp the whole Matrix concept/storyline.

Same goes for LOTR...its much much more than a movie

about elves and a ring. Have you seen the battle scenes???

Did you even give it half the chance you gave Matrix?

Ill admit, I havent given Matrix half the chance, but I saw the first

one when it came out and thought it was ho hum. Great special effects,

but I didnt really like it much. Just like Matrix, there are different

things to watch and read to get more out of LOTR. Such as, the hobbit,

and the added footage in the DVDs, the books..and what not. I think

you should give it a fair chance, and just let the whole "its about elves

and a ring" thing go brutha.

In your own words,

"love/action/sci-fi/philisophical" take away sci-fi, and add fantasy.

Plus, you get bravery, fellowship, Good VS Evil, and everything else

LOTR encompasses. Im borrowing Matrix 1 & 2, to see what all the

hoopla is about, and I will see animatrix this week as well, then

sneak into Matrix 3 to see what all the hype is about. Ive seen the trailer

and it looks decent...but again, it looks real graphic heavy...and thats

not my cup of tea.

:)

ok

i think there is a little truth in the statement that the graphics make th emovie the matrix, however, the story line is fuckin ill as shit. Now, i think what lures me to the lord of the rings trilogy is the languages and the complexity that J. R. R. Tolkein put into these books. He freakin wrote 14 languages and wanted to use them, which is why he wrote the damn books, that is fuckin crazy, fuckin crazy. The elves, the dwarves, the humans, mordor, its all seperate languages, that is amazing to me. Then the story line is awesome.

and daze, the lord of the rings goes much deeper than the matrix, much much deeper, but like i said, both are awesome movies

now, we should talk about.....HARRY POTTER!

nah webster, i hear ya i understand where you commin from, actually i did give it a chance i was actaully expecting a real good movie, but i dont know im not really a fan of mythology like the orcs and hobbits, so thats probably the real reason i dont care for it much, i have seen the fighting scenes and they were awesome, i admit it, but i guess its all personal preference, i was actually having this debate with my supervisor and she loves lotr and she was explaining it to me and actually hearing what its about from someone who knows the story behind it, it sounds really good, rather than me trying to figure it out, with no expierience of the fantasy world what so ever, i predict that you'll enjoy the matrix trilogy, but do expect massive cgi, the cgi is done well though so it shouldnt be that bothersome, anyway we should just make a thread debating the two movies, cuz i really dont wanna flame this one :cool:

Originally posted by dogface

i just wanna know if theyre gonna add in tom bombadil and the barrow wight.

nah, they said that they were terrible upset they couldnt (which makes no sense cuz they decide) and also they would have to remake the first movie all over again

Originally posted by dogface

i just wanna know if theyre gonna add in tom bombadil and the barrow wight.

I was disappointed this didn't make it in the movie as well. I'm gonna start rereading the books next week. Should finish the second one just in time.

Supposedly my department is watching the first two in the office and hitting the matinee of the new release.

haha you guys are fighting over moives...

i watch lotr part one on dvd and it was really good...so i was pumped to go watch part 2 and finish it...then when i went to see part 2 it ended...then i had to wait like half a year to see part 3...when i go see part 3 it better not end and then i gotta wait for part 4....cuzs i herd theres a part 4

:crazy:

lord of the rins is a dope movie...i know they are doing that all 3 movies in one day here too...i dont know if i could sit in a movie theatre that long though...but i cant wait till part 3 is out so whatever i just might sit and watch all 3....fuck it...blah bliggity blah

they are both good stories.

they are both visually stunning.

both, im sure have flaws (although i personally feel the lotr's do not have any, but this is only my opinion)

the matrix would be a dope triple feature too, and i would sign a petition for that shit. that was the point of the thread.

both flix are dope.

can't we all just get along???

:jpotato:

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Harry Potter is a whole different thread.

Well worth it too. Another good example of

CGI being used properly.

onesecond-thats what Im sayin! LOTR is DEEP!

Klingon dictionary DEEP!

Daze...I hear you on that.

If its not your taste, then yeah, you wont

like it. I have never read the books, nor did I

watch the cartoons. So I didnt go into the

theaters knowing what was what. I left the

theater begging for more. I couldnt wait to see

Part 2. Now, Im practically wetting myself over part 3.

At what point did you walk out on part 1?

Part 2 will make hardly any sense if you havent

seen part 1, I can tell you that. Shit, I thought

Gandolf was DEAD!!! And the battles...wooooo!

Legolas and the Dwarf kick ass!

I like techy movies...but Matrix..

raves scences..Keanu...ehh. Ill see this week.

:o

well i walked out about an hour into it, im not sure what part it was at exactly, and hell yea if you dont see the first one the 2nd one wont make any sense, i was lost watching it, but my boy who seen the first one explained a lot that i didnt understand, as for the rave scene lol, at first i thought it was real stupid too, but later realizing its pretty important that that part of the movie is in there, its to show the nature of humans the sexual dancing and dirt floor giving the feel of "life" not to mention the sex scene representing emotion, the one thing that makes humans unique to machines, every part of the trilogy is in there for a purpose, even the characters names all have meaning, which i think is real dope, all in all they are both great movies for there genre and no doubt will be influential to future productions

Archived