LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I GIVE YOU, THE WORST THING TO EVER WALK THE EARTH!!

Comp

http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/spiders/0078.jpg'>

Common name: Sun spider

Genus/species: Unknown

Order/family: Solifugidae

Stage: Adult

Origin of illustrated specimen: Orange County, CA

http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/...s/Solifugid.htm

be fucking very afraid. shit will jump out the screen at you and eat your fucking soul!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

• 6 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !

fuuuuuuuuccccccck yoooooouu i'm gonna have nightmares for a week straight!

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

:huh?: :huh?: :huh?: :huh?:

Guest --zeSto--

oh no... that Arquette fellow is in that movie?

Well there goes my high hopes for a touching cinematic masterpiece.

• 1 year later...
Guest imported_El Mamerro

^^^

Bullshit. Camel spiders would still ruin your shit hardt. At least I'd like to think so.

Although, the other day I saw that dude Nigel on the Disc. Channel playing around with one on his arm. It may have been on rhino tranquilizers, but I was a bit disappointed... any animal willing to play with Nigel has to be bitchmade at some level.

According to most spider experts, these claims are all false. Camel spiders (so named because, like camels, they can be found in sandy desert regions) grow to be moderately large (about a 5" leg span), but nowhere near as large as dinner plates; they can move very quickly in comparison to other arthropods (a top speed of maybe 10 MPH), but nothing close 25 MPH; they make no noise; and they capture prey without the use of either venom or anesthetic. Camel spiders rely on speed, stealth, and the (non-venomous) bite of powerful jaws to feed on small prey such as other arthropods (e.g., scorpions, crickets, pillbugs), lizards, and possibly mice or birds. They use only three pairs of legs in running; the frontmost pair (called pedipalpa) is held aloft and used in a similar manner to the antennae of insects. Camel spiders shun the sun and generally hide during the day, coming out at night to do their hunting.

Although whatever is depicted in the photograph above appears to be far too large for camel spiders, the creatures might just look unusually large because they were held close to the camera, creating an illusion of exaggerated size. However, since we don't know the source of the picture, we can't yet rule out the possibility that some other misdirection was involved (e.g., digital manipulation, a misdescription of what the photograph depicts, some soldiers goofing around with plastic figures or something else spider-shaped, etc.).

EITHER WAY FUCK THAT.

i got this huge scary mean ass spider trapped in this big plastic see thru container thing. i feed him crickets and shit he fucks em up good. he just shed his skin, now i have 2 spiders in there. i put some cotton in there for oxygen. i will take a picture later today and show you all his ugly fuckin face. he would fuck a camel spider up. please believe.

Archived