Growing hair

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dreads

My co-worker is married to a Jamaican woman and he's sportin' the serious dreads---like down to the middle of his back. He's been growing them for over ten years. His dreads are different than any I've ever seen before though, they are very skinny, like about the thickness of a pencil. Several of the black women who work there were talking about dreads, and I opined that my buddy must spend quite a bit of time doing hair-grooming stuff, and they all kind of scoffed, and said "Nah--his wife takes care of them for him." (I'm like, "So? What difference would that make?") I'm mystified.

There's a twenty-something black girl that works there who has the cutest little short dreads--they are all about five or six inches long and stick out every which way. It sounds like it wouldn't be attractive, but somehow or another it's attractive on her. I think it's because a beautiful young woman can just do all kinds of wierd-ass stuff with her looks and nobody cares. She's attractive anyway, and somehow bizarre fashions or styles just make her more attractive. One of the nurses told me she thinks that exaggeration of certain female features connects with men on a subconcious level. Girls learn this early--"big eyes", big hair, big boobs, etc. Even when I'm totally aware of it, it still works on me, and on most other men too, I think. We're prisoners of our hormones, I guess.

kabaar, i know what you mean about the short dreads on a cute black chick, definitely hot when done right.

ive been growing my hair out for a minute, i rock a hat most of the day, i cant stand having that shit in my eyes, especially when skating... i thought about dreading it, but realized id look like a fugging goofball...

so yeah im gonna keep growing it maybe till the middle of summer when its just too hot to deal with, then ima chop the mop and let the breeze caress my dome piece.

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

OK, one year later status:

I need to cut my hair in order to keep em long:eek: and its proven that longer hair worked better with the ladies.

and thats it

^^^ not that i am a lady or even a female for that matter, but i think i can help with the mangy main.

1. what kind of products do you use? shampoos, conditioners, styling aids?

2. do you have hard water?

3. do you spend alot of time in the sun?

4. do you blow dry your hair?

It's been about 8-9 months now. past the nest phase.

I am getting used to the long hair now. I think the real trick is to find a couple of nice touques (beanies to you yanks), the ones with the brim, knitted for better airflow. tuck the hair in, let it out the back, whatever the mission. Chickys tend to dig dudes with long hair these days, my luck couldn't be better. just rip it up on a longboard in a skatepark and keep on the flowing hair. just think sampson simpson man. p

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391136f00000002.jpg'>

Originally posted by rinse

^^^ not that i am a lady or even a female for that matter, but i think i can help with the mangy main.

1. what kind of products do you use? shampoos, conditioners, styling aids?

2. do you have hard water?

3. do you spend alot of time in the sun?

4. do you blow dry your hair?

1. I use pantein(?) all the time shampoo and conditioner like i did back in the day, i use pomaid or bee's wax sometimes.

2. How can you find out if you have hard water? Maybe i do, i live in my own apartment now and not with my parents anymore.

3. Yes, i spend a lot of time in the sun.

4. No.

Thanks. And the question was for everyone, not just ladies.