molten sulfur

GnomeToys

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest CrewJones

to help eliminate blurred shots while thrains are rolling, even with a shit camera with not adjustable shutter speed, try a photo technique called "panning" which basically means, if the train is moving left to right, get the piece in the viewfinder at an angle BEFORE you intend to flick it... Keep it in the viewfinder as its rolling and follow it, so now your camera is moving at the same speed as the image, and when it is straight on, flick it it without pausing. This will reduce 90% of your blurr problems. If your camera moves at an equal speede as the image, its as if the image is not even moving.

Guest CrewJones

PS... ever see a flick of a rolling train which has a blurry as hell background, but the piece is razor sharp? These fliks are taken by people who use the technique I mentioned.... if they didnt move with the panel, their whole flick would be as blurry as the whole background.

Guest CrewJones

aaaaaahhhh for this, time is the only solution, and in time, one can only hope that taste and standards improve.... there is one suggestion I can give, and thats flick pieces by writers in my crew...

ah yes i remember stories being told of the early train. big rig joe early smashed his face off the ladder of a train and the blob next to its is good ol' abe sporeman fya otk. hes a blind kid that they decided to take to the yard to try to paint. i have no idea what goes through these kids heads. they ended up running out of the yard that night.

Archived