Realizing You Need To Not Give A Fuck

GucciCondom

Lately I have had a fucking terrible time in life. I think its because I think about every little problem and other people too much and let it all get to me. This resulted in a long period of time where I wouldn't be able to sleep..wake up in the morning every day with bad stomach pains..and I was real edgey all of the time and hurting a lot of people I know. Over the past few days I have just realized that I need to go back to my not-giving-a-fuck attitude that I once had. Because before I somehow started caring about everything I was a much happier person and wouldn't have traded my life for anything.And since over the past few days I have been thinking about what I used to always think about just music..graff and chillin with my boys not dwelling on all of the problems and things wrong in my life I have really became a happier person like how I used to be. I was just wondering has anyone else experienced shit like this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for sure. i never really had a "dont give a fuck" attitude, ive always dwelled(is that a word?) on problems. recently ive been better though, ive found you can give a fuck, but dont over do it. theres a buddist quote:

"if you have a problem, and there is something you can do about it, dont worry because you can do it. if you have a problem, and theres nothing you can do, dont worry because there is nothing you can do."

makes sense to me.

stress is stress.

i have the stomach pains, i get migraines, i can't sleep through the night, i feel you buddy. not giving a fuck is the polar opposite of the condition we seem to share, but i think truly stepping out emotionally and shutting out all the crap has quite a downside. i'm a big proponent for the 'grab life by the balls' attitude, making everyday better than the one that preceded it, but it's not always practical. finding a balance is the only way to really handle it. some people don't care about anything but their car, others their spouse, and nick hornby has written several books about couples whose relationships depend on the success of the man's obsession (a soccer team, a record store [high fidelity], etc.). mine has always been those around me, the friends i hold true to my heart. if one of my friends is in a bad place, i'm in a bad place, and i do everything i can to help them out. life fluctuates, it's a dynamic entity, and we all need coping skills. what we lack mentally and emotionally oftentimes surfaces as medical problems.

of course, i have the wonderful luck of having too many friends who are either on or need to be taking anti-depressants, so maybe i'm just a rambling idiot.

good luck. if you have to get the x-ray of your stomach to see if you've got ulcers, i feel your pain. it was 24 hours of not eating or drinking anything beforehand, and then i had to ingest what i can best describe as a chalk milkshake (something called barium, i think it's an element) and roll around so it coated my stomach lining. i was sick for two days because i couldn't get that fucking taste out of my mouth...

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

The key is finding a happy medium between not giving a fuck and dwelling on every potential problem in your, and others', life.

When you figure it out, be sure to let me know how you did it.

Shit yeah tell us. Then i'll merket the hell outta that idea, get rich quick and then make a rap album about it all. I'll call it....

"Cash money Off Yo' Revelation Nigga!"

An Album By Lens

Guest Appearences by: Dr. Dazzle, E-Martyr, ILoveBoxCars and more

order now and get a limited edition commemerative keychain!

operators standing by.

i've been gaining the whole i don't give a fuck attitude lately.i was in high school once already.i need to get my life together so i've been cutting out the backstabbers,bloodsuckers and just plain bull shit out.just sticking to the people i really trust and would call my real friends.i've been finding my self alot happier.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

nick hornby has written several books about couples whose relationships depend on the success of the man's obsession (a soccer team, a record store [high fidelity],

could you please elaborate on this statement? Are you (or Nick) saying the reason the girl likes the guy is because he has a love for something else?

At least you know you are alive. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are dead inside. I've been this way for years now. I dont get excited, dont feel sad, dont feel any kind of anything. It's weird. Not saying that it is bad. Just weird. On the plus side I'll probably never get high blood pressure or die from a stress induced heart attack at 40.