does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Dick Quickwood

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yo Arcel.......I would love to help you dude....but......I don't know shit about computers and the programs....and on top of that...I'm fuckin' wasted......I feel ya for the moral support....I'm sure that someone knows how to use it and can school my "dirtneck" self.....peace....455<---drunker than cowboys in colville.

cd c:windows

[hit enter]

dir/p

[hit enter]

that should show a list of all the files and sub folders in that directory, press enter to move on to the next page of files and folders, try and see if you can find the file "HELLOKITTY.EXE-09347D61.pf" and/or something similar like "HELLO~12662436" and then use that file name in your del string

Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by Daze One Million

cd c:windows

[hit enter]

dir/p

[hit enter]

that should show a list of all the files and sub folders in that directory, press enter to move on to the next page of files and folders, try and see if you can find the file "HELLOKITTY.EXE-09347D61.pf" and/or something similar like "HELLO~12662436" and then use that file name in your del string

hmm... i don't see it there, but i think i know why. i want to learn this. so let's say i want to delete this file, C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg. so what's my next step ?

Re: Re: Re: does anyone know how to use ms-dos ?

Originally posted by ARCEL

hmm... i don't see it there, but i think i know why. i want to learn this. so let's say i want to delete this file, C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg. so what's my next step ?

next step to delete would just be

del C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsMy Pictureswho cares.jpg

if you cant do it with dos i highly recomend opening up the computer with a pair of plyers, the files in there! once you get the annoying hard case off the computer, the hard works over. At this point you should see a buntch of folders and files in them. Find the offending member and toss it. Then with the spare parts make a keen 'techie' looking modle/scuplture/hangie thing.

• 3 months later...